Wastelander
637 posts

Re: More Twisted Metal Characters!

Nov 25, 2012

RedLegend14 wrote:

PinaChronic wrote:
Twisted Metal isn't playstation? That's news to me!
I meant that TM isn't more important than all the other franchises.

Ahh true in a way. But i feel like the major breakthrough for Playstation would have started with the original Twisted Metal for Playstation, but I'm sure there were others, like Crash and Spyro, but not Kat or Emmett? I just want older characters being brought to the table, not new ones that have a "Pop" success the first year or two.

Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 21 of 40 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Sabe it for the sequel also bioshock is an important franchise even though it was an xbox exclusive?! Do tell
Message 22 of 40 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Wait for Twisted Metal All-Stars Battle Royel.
Message 23 of 40 (146 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1173 posts

Nov 25, 2012

PinaChronic wrote:
Axel, calypso, roadkill, spectre, cousin eddy, MR. GRIMM can all be used in this game! The characters from twisted metal is so awesome, which was one of the main reasons why I bought playstation battle royale, sweetooth.

Twisted Metal doesn't need any extras. It's fine with Sweet Tooth. But if TM ever got another rep, I'd go for Mr. Grimm since he appeared in all TM games. But as of now, Sweet Tooth is enough for this game.

LJPvonzity wrote:
Sad day for you only. The T rated ones were the worst ones anyway while the two M rated made good publicity.

T Rated:

Twisted Metal (Great)

Twisted Metal 2 (Great)

Twisted Metal 3 (Decent)

Twisted Metal 4 (Decent)

Twisted Metal Small Brawl (Worst)

Twisted Metal Head On (Decent)

M Rated:

Twisted Metal Black (Best of all TMs)

Twisted Metal 2012 (Decent)

Nope. It'd be better for ones who know Twisted Metal to comment if it comes to games. I don't see how the original TM would be worst since it started the series & made several sequels. Both T Rated & M Rated games are good, not just M Rated. You had to be here back in the 90s.

RedLegend14 wrote:
I meant that TM isn't more important than all the other franchises.

Except there's TM's Sweet Tooth, a TM Stage, and a Stage that has TM mashing up into. It's important than some of the franchises represented in this game (not some that are still popular as of now). It was popular way back but it's not known that much in this generation as of now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GameAtHeart's Average Gaming & Entertainment Channel
Message 24 of 40 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Nov 25, 2012
No, mostly because I can't see any other drivers or even Calypso having a unique enough moveset to be in. Besides Sweet Tooth, most aren't shown to be competent killers without a car.
Message 25 of 40 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Would be meh additions compared to so many other franchises, which deserve it.
Twisted Metal is NOT PlayStation.
Message 26 of 40 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Nov 25, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Would be meh additions compared to so many other franchises, which deserve it.
Twisted Metal is NOT PlayStation.

How is twisted metal not playstation? It may not be the face of it, but it is still an important piece of playstation. Also it wouldn't be bad to add more twisted metal characters down the line, I'm sure superbot could come up with a fun and unique style for a couple of them. 

Message 27 of 40 (109 Views)
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Nov 25, 2012

They put in new characters, becasue as they stated in their characters we want thread it is about past, present, and future. They also include third party games that are big because they said it is not Sony Entertainment all stars its anyone who was on the playstation console all stars, so we will see some more third party characters eventually. and we may see one  more from each sereis but no more as they don't want to do so much of a series and stay diverse which makes this game amazing. Twisted Metal is a good series, and is very well represented in the game a lot more than some like Medievel, Heavenly sword, fat princess, devil may cry. just wait there will be more characters and they may blindside us with some good ones.

Message 28 of 40 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
637 posts

Nov 25, 2012
I just thought of an idea.

What about releasing DLC as packs for certain games? Like a DLC of 2-3 twisted metal characters, another DLC of Metal Gear Solid characters, etc.

Would be a great investment IMO! This game has so much potential if addons are frequent.

What do you guys think?
Photobucket
999 With Sir Dan! Seasons with Belt--Green: 4 Red: 2 Purple: 2 Brown: 1
Message 29 of 40 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Nov 25, 2012

Wow, I love Twisted Metal, but I'm quite satisfied with having just Sweet Tooth, his own stage, and the Freeze Missle! Smiley Very Happy

... Maybe if there's a sequel, they'll add two characters from one game. If so, then maybe Mr.Grimm or Dollface? They both were main characters in the most recent Twisted Metal. Plus both would be visually cool, Dollface in her pink attire, and mask. Mr.Grimm with a skull facepaint or skull mask.

But to have one game have two characters from that game? No.

Message 30 of 40 (82 Views)