Jan 09 2013
By: roaric_turin First Son 4 posts

Monster hunter!

6 replies 112 views Edited Jan 9, 2013

This is a character that I wanted in umvc3 but I think it could be fun in all-stars as well. Considering how many psp entries this series had it isn't much of a question if it should be a candidate. There are a ton of moves and weapons to draw from or it could even be a stance changing character. Just a standard monster hunter wearing iron armor or rathalos set with rather O button changing which weapon is currently equipped. You could even though bow guns and bows in there for the projectiles. Level 1 could be a gun lance blast. Level 2 a stun trap. Level 3 could be something as awesome as a wyvern swooping through and attacking for a few seconds after or team of npc monster hunters joining in for 8 seconds. 

Message 1 of 7 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1868 posts

Re: Monster hunter!

Jan 10, 2013
A Monster Hunter would be a great idea specially since this franchise is really loved in Japan.
Message 2 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Nintendo has this series on a leash right now , so I doubt it.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 3 of 7 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

Jan 10, 2013

The Monster Hunter team refused to let their characters be used in MvC3.

Nuff said.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 4 of 7 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Jan 10, 2013

This is like the first time I have seen someone request Monster Hunter, surprised no one did it sooner.

Message 5 of 7 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Ginta2468 wrote:

This is like the first time I have seen someone request Monster Hunter, surprised no one did it sooner.

I think that part of the reason why we didn't have a thread before was because of what Nagimafan said.

Message 6 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
4 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Nah, I doubt that's common knowledge. Besides, that team wouldn't have a say in that if capcom wanted to put it in. On top of that, why wouldn't you want more people to be aware of your games. Look at all the mavel characters that people  know of now because of that game. They don't even like comics but they love characters in that game.  I am skeptical of his post until I read that myself. This would be a great character for this game. It's also a capcom character that hasn't been used for synergy. 

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes