Feb 16 2013
By: bigmacpits Sackboy 487 posts

Modnation Rep? Besides Sonic Rift

2 replies 75 views Edited Feb 16, 2013
I absolutely fell in love with Modnation Racers when it was released and was excited about for months before. I still play it sometimes. It was so much fun. So, why is the only representation an item? Honestly, I had no clue what the Sonic Rift was from. It was just kinda obscure to me.

I have two ideas: include Tag as DLC, or use a stage. Tag would be played pretty similarly to Sackboy with the use of creation items like car parts or character items. I honestly think he could have an extremely unique moveset if Santa Monica could do him justice.

My second idea, one I've already suggested before, is a Mod Stage. My idea then and now is a mashup of Modnation x Ni No Kuni. The level begins as a track being built like how it's created in the Track Station, moving trees in the background and even doing things like raising and lowering the ground as hazards.

The stage is then deleted, and then begins to be recreated. Instead of Modnation, though, it creates the woods of Ni No Kuni with the Tree Monster (can't remember the name) attacking sort of how Caremlita attacks.

Do y'all support or like this idea? If not, why? I'm open to all criticisms. These are just some ideas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 1 of 3 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Re: Modnation Rep? Besides Sonic Rift

Feb 16, 2013

my one critique is that it sounds like everything modnation disappears once the crossover kicks in. in every other stage portions of the initial stage remain intact 

Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
487 posts

Re: Modnation Rep? Besides Sonic Rift

Feb 16, 2013
I see what you mean. I'm sure they'd do something, like having the stage creator continuously add stuff in the background, like trees, houses, cows, and other stuff.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)
0 Likes