Highlighted
Aug 22 2012
By: Zezzler Wastelander 596 posts

Mock Character Select Screen and CSS Critisism

[ Edited ]
22 replies 940 views Edited Aug 22, 2012

Hey Guys, Today I looked at the official PSASBR Character Select Screen (as of the Gamescom Demo which can be seen in THIS video), and I really didn't like the look of it. I mean, it gets the job done, but it really doesn't do the game justice in my opinion. And again, I know this isn't the final product, and it's most likely going to change, so some critisism could possibly help. 

First of all, the boxes that represent players 1 through 4 are a little too big. There needs to be a good ratio between the player boxes and the section boxes. Another thing I REALLY, REALLY wanted but didn't see was a Random box. Third, I found that the character art in the Player boxes was too close up. Fourth of all, on the official CSS there things by each player that show a controller, and say Player 1, or Player 3, etc. It would be better if it had multiple PSN sign in ability, said the PSN ID, and showed their unique PSN Avatar. And finally, it just needed some more polish (not that I'm much of an artist myself).

So here we go. This is my attempt to show you all what I (mostly) want out of the character select screen for PSASBR.

What do you all think? Any suggestions on how to improve it, or what you think needs to be in the final official CSS would be great.

Mock Character Select Screen

Full Res: http://i.imgur.com/aQ0Fw.jpg

Full Res - Press Start: http://i.imgur.com/rEsc5.jpg

Press Start GIF: http://i.imgur.com/7MJTO.gif

So here we go. Let's all discuss the CSS!

Message 1 of 23 (940 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Re: Custom Character Select Screen and Official Character Select Screen Critisism

Aug 22, 2012

I liked the gamescon one.

But this, is pretty good.

Message 2 of 23 (933 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Re: Custom Character Select Screen and Official Character Select Screen Critisism

Aug 22, 2012
its nice as it is your one is a bit better as it sticks to the whole hexagon thing
---
MOVE THE COMMUNITY TO http://pastadium.forumotion.com/
Message 3 of 23 (900 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Aug 22, 2012
not bad
Message 4 of 23 (864 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
596 posts

Aug 22, 2012

A quick update to my mock CSS. Added PSN avatars, and PSN IDs. 

Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 23 (835 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
375 posts

Aug 22, 2012

This is really cool. And all the BEST characters are in there. I would love to see Lara, Crash, and Spyro in this game! And the hexagon thing is cool, but I can see it being difficult to navigate the menus so this probably won't be what they go for in the end.

You'd be going right and it would jump up and down between characters. Going diagonal would just be a mess lol. But cool concept.

Message 6 of 23 (820 Views)
Wastelander
596 posts

Aug 22, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

This is really cool. And all the BEST characters are in there. I would love to see Lara, Crash, and Spyro in this game! And the hexagon thing is cool, but I can see it being difficult to navigate the menus so this probably won't be what they go for in the end.

You'd be going right and it would jump up and down between characters. Going diagonal would just be a mess lol. But cool concept.

Yeah, I wanted to make it feel unique with the whole hexagon thing, and keep it in the theme that they have been going with.

But I FULLY undersand how that would be a pain in the **bleep** to navigate. I'll experiment around, and see If I can keep the theme, but make it a little more traditional.

Message 7 of 23 (768 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Aug 22, 2012
I'm not quite sure who the guy between Spike and Dante is...

Regardless, very good roster, I'd definitely buy this game! You'd just have to put Cloud and Sora in to please all the other fans Smiley Tongue Not that I really mind...

Nice touch on the avatars and such by the way. (Just promise me you'd make the Traveller from Journey DLC? Maybe Kat too Smiley Tongue )
PSASBR Cover - Updated with Kat and Emmett Renders & Rivalries photo PSASBRBanner-3_zps5dbc59b0.jpg
Message 8 of 23 (739 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Re: Mock Character Select Screen and CSS Critisism

Aug 22, 2012

that looks pretty **bleep** good to me. the characters are bright, the design is eye catching. it just looks good overall. great jo on this one.

Message 9 of 23 (717 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
788 posts

Re: Mock Character Select Screen and CSS Critisism

Aug 22, 2012

cool, but needs more scorpion Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 23 (675 Views)
0 Likes