Highlighted
Sep 19 2012
By: mman1235 Sackboy 423 posts

Mman015 EU beta review and impressions *fixed*

[ Edited ]
17 replies 389 views Edited Sep 20, 2012

hi its Mman015 here Smiley Very Happy this is my PSN name so I figured to start using this one Smiley Happy

yesterday and a bit today I have come to play in what I think now is going to be one of this year's most memorable and GOTY!!! I was so excited to finally get a chance to play this heavenly game...even if its just a beta for it Smiley Happy I almost jizzed in my pants when I saw I got the code voucher and email XD well lets get started:

Presentation + Graphics: 1st thing you will see right after pressing the game and starting it is that it is really blank and unfilled out. you dont get any introductory vid or an awesome game trailer, not even 4 bots fighting in a free for all when you just leave the game without pressing anything in the start screen.

but I guess they will probably make an epic thing in the final product. when you see the menu screen which shows all the modes and features you can go into you see how it has lots of space in it!

I am hoping for lots of content to show in the final game and the screen isnt that ugly just kinda lonely and not so cool showing only a blue background with little waves which is....nice.

the only mode in the beta for now as it seems is online but it doesnt let you choose what type of online you want like no options of costumization like what game mode you wanna play , what stage and etc...just choosing a character. now the character screen looks really cool. its very big and seems to be cappable of puting loads of characters in it.....

but I am counting that in the final product they'll make each character sign bigger so the full roster fits in which I hope is about 25-30 (best bet is 28) the character models look pretty fresh and nice too and it always gives the player a smile when he selects a player and before starting the match you see a rad aura around the player which the colors usually fit pretty goodly for him Smiley Very Happy.

now the actual in battle graphics are REALLY REALLY good!!! the characters and stage and stuff look really cool and the cartoony style of the game is perfect even the most maniacal homicidal monsters like sweet tooth and kratos look very cartoony and even a bit cute XD ap hasa nice little touch to it making it look pretty magical and mesterious.....overall amazing graphics.

Gameplay: now lets admit it. a game cant be truly amazing without actually having inovative , addictive and awesome gameplay....unless of course its Uncharted or Journey.....dam graphics...... and let me tell you......PSASBR gameplay / game mechanic is AMAZING!!!!

its so fun , addictive and everything else I have mentioned!!!this is probably what makes this game what is so good about it for me.

the controls may sound a bit tough to some but I got the hang of them in a matter of a minute. on my 1st game I was a bit confused I mean they just threw me in a battle with 3 other players and I had no idea what I should do..

the game didnt very much help me in knowing everything as it tells you in the start just that Square,Triangle and Circle are attack buttons and R2 is supers....

but I like those games Smiley Happy who give you a small detail making the player learn by themselves I love it. and its pretty easy to fight too since the controls are spot on and always make the attack you want. it may take you 5 or 4 battles to master and know everything or most things about a certain character but in my 1st battle I got pretty fine and actually won Smiley Very Happy lol.

every attack button works differently and let me tell you every character is so different and unique than the others its amazing!

pretty much square is mostly the close range,medium range attacks which are nice and all depending of course on who you are.

triangle is what I might say as heavy and unique attacks for each character that depending of course on who you are really changes what attacks you'll be doing with him.

and circle is what I might call the technical and special attacks. most are usually not for head on battling but assisting you like for example, counter with kratos's golden fleece , parappa's radio thing or boombox dont remember what it was.... sweet tooth's mine or fire breathing skills , fat princess's goons and etc.....

picking up items is kinda annoying and sometimes is a bit of a struggle has you have to stand right on top of it or a bit next to it instead of grabbing it while in motion which can kinda annoy but its not a game breaker. also the items are very usefull and are used for many situations. though there arent many in the beta there were enough to keep it cool.

the main function of PSASBR though are the supers and they are great!

each super is actually unique and works differently for each character giving great strategic thinking on who will you use. a guy who you get ap fast with but has not so good supers?

or a guy who gets ap slower but his supers are so good you know your gonna get alot of kills throughout the match?

and even after choosing your character. the stage you play in can actually change what super you think will work best for as some supers might be hard to pull off correctly and get lots of kills with depending on the stage and even enemy player locations. and its so fun and addictive I just cant get my hands off the game XD!!!

features:

- 5 Characters: Radec , Kratos , Sweet Tooth , Fat Princess , Parrappa the rapper.

- 2 stages : Hades and Metropolis

- cool new background music for menu screens.

- very polished and improved build with the damage numbers and aura character selction.

- only online timed free for all matches....

bugs and glithces: there are loadsss of bugs and stuff in the beta some reasonable but other very annoying ><

- teleportation XD a few times the game lags and makes player randomly go everywhere and sometimes get hit by nothing ><

- alone in a game. very rarely while getting in a game the connectio breaks up I guess and instead of getting an error screen your just playing alone for a few minutes till it gives you a error sign

- cant do supers, ultra frustrating and makes ou unable to use any super!! ><

-cant pick up items - parappa concert, parappa literely had in a game his lvl 3 and after he used it he still had the bar at lvl 3 and he kept using it and it somehow killed the players alot of times till the game ended ><

- game stuck in found character and I had to start all over again in searching (happened only twice not too bad) - radec's lvl 1 reticule thing got stuck and it was just scrolling around the stage XD

- the little bomb that disables the use of supers effect was some what still active but only not showing what lvl super you had making it really hard to know what you are going to use ><

the characters: the beta has 5 characters and I think they each need a segement of talking about each:

Kratos: kratos is the all rounder master in the beta. he is what I think any new comer to the game should start with as he is an amazing mix of medium and a bit of close range attacks. he is a beast in combos (mostly aeriel combos) and is has supers while not the best are still very very good mostly his lvl 3!!!

top 3 vital moves:

spear and shield dash- traingle and to the side

barbarian hammer shockwave - triangle down

burst straight into the enemy with the chaos blades - square and side

Parappa: parappa is what Id like to call " up close and personal" character. he has only close range attacks....but his speed , meter charge and agility pay up for it.

he is the fastest character in the beta and his moves and attacks are very fast too. his supers however are the problem.

his lvl 1 is okay easily takes out 1 dude but I even got 3 with it! . his lvl 2 is what most people will wanna use as he fluidly skates around the stage and can take out 3 people with ease. and his lvl 3 is not so good but very shiny and beatiful as it is a cinematic 3 kill lvl 3 which are nice but only to show off how cool it is.

top 3 vital moves:

extremely fast punches / kicks - just square / down square in the air

boombox ap generator - down circle

skateboard dash - in the air side triangle

Sweet tooth: he is the jack of all trades but master of only close range. he has both a great mix of close,medium and trapping attacks and is one of my favorite characters in the beta!

he might be slow but he as such powerful attacks and gets ap like a monster! 3 shotgun hits and he can already use his lvl 1.

he has reasonable supers but only is lvl 3 is where he shines.

his lvl 1 is a cool little short dash move where if he makes it to his enemy he sticks a mine on his back and kicks him away which is cool and all but is very hard to pull off. but can do more than 1 kill if done at the right time.

lvl 2 not so great and has a hard time getting enough kills with it.

but the lvl 3 like Ive said is amazing if you do it in the right spot and in a good stage you can easily get with it 6 kills (my max is 7 kills!) but some players might trick you and make it impossible to hit as they stand behind your feet but move hastily around making it impossible.

top 3 vital moves:

mine - Down triangle

shotgun - trinagle side

ram - square side

Radec: the cheap character which every fighting game has. just like christie from tekken or eddie this is the character who has the most unfair moves who are impossible to avoid sometimes if done goodly. radec is the master of long range and his attacks and supers show that very wildly. he litterly has attacks which can hit all the way through the other side of the stage. a good character but with moves which are too good to use apropriatly. super wise he is very good. lvl 1 not so good but effective nontheless. his lvl 2 is great and usually gets 3 kills alot but his lvl 3 is the best in the beta hands down. it is impossible to fully dodge the barrage of explosions which radec sends at the players. and it might only get 6 but he gets it so fast and without even breaking a sweat that it truly shows how powerful radec is.

top 3 vital moves:

sniper shot - triangle side

sticky bomb shot - circle short range

handgun shot - square to the side

fat princess: the hard to master character. she is one tough lady (if you can even call her that) she is the wierd mix of short range and long range attacks which work out pretty goodly in a very odd way.

she is pretty useful up close with her heavy moves but she also has some nice help from her guards who can set up bombs , shoot fireballs and even come dashing at players to attack.

she might be slow but her supers are actually pretty good. her lvl 1 is extremely useful and gets lots of kills. lvl 2 is very good too, like parappa but slower and she can dash with the cute chiken! but lvl 3 is kinda worthless and barely gets any kills...

top 3 vital moves:

ground pound - triangle down (in air)

swirl - triangle (can do an amazing combo of just triangle!)

belly dash - in the air triangle to the side

+EDIT

a nice thing Ive found is if you play with a friend in the online mode (a friend from your PSN friends or just another player from your house)

the game actually turns from free for all to team battle!!!

so its you and your friend vs 2 other players who did this. and its a blast!!!

the team battle is awesome fun you actually have to rely on your partner so that you would win since your killing score is coutned up together. so teamwork is definitly important!.

overall this beta is amazing!!!!!!! so gonna buy this game! Smiley Very Happy

I hope SB will fix the bugs in the upcoming beta updates and I also heard they'll add more content maybe so I am maybe gonna update this Smiley Happy

hope you liked this Smiley Happy took me some time : / also the game is gonna be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

beta for me is 9.5 out of 10 very good but has a few bug issues which I am sure will be fixed in the final game so maybe it will be a 10 out of 10 who knows Smiley Happy also who wants to battle me? the master of kratos , sweet tooth and also a bit of parappa??? Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 18 (389 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Mman015 EU beta review and impressions

Sep 19, 2012

ok honesty didn't read that cuz wow thats a wall of  text, but I can tell you really looked into the game and how it feels to you

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 2 of 18 (377 Views)
Survivor
2571 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I'm not reading that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 18 (371 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
81 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Sorry but I just cannot read that. The problem is not that it is too long but it is just not organised well. Please use paragraph or something because it really tires my eyes if I just look at a wall of text.

Message 4 of 18 (360 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 19, 2012
this turned into what guy can stand to read all the text
#ProtectorProgramme
Message 5 of 18 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
552 posts

Sep 19, 2012
Paragraphs paragraphs PARAGRAPHS
Message 6 of 18 (325 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Was going to try and read it just to prove everyone else was a bunch of babies... but I couldn't. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 7 of 18 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 19, 2012

killedbyaspork wrote:

Was going to try and read it just to prove everyone else was a bunch of babies... but I couldn't. 

I got to where he was talking about the character select screen then my eyes went out of focus so I stopped

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 8 of 18 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
162 posts

Sep 19, 2012

Holy wall of text. Let's help you out here (mainly cuz I think there's a lot of good content here):

Booting up the Beta:

- really blank and unfilled out. no introductory vid or awesome game trailer

- only mode in the beta for now as it seems is online

- character screen is very big and seems capable of loads of characters

- before starting the match you see a rad aura around the player

Graphics:

- battle graphics are REALLY REALLY good!!!

- the characters and stage and stuff look really cool and the cartoony style of the game is perfect even with the most maniacal homicidal monsters like sweet tooth and kratos

General Gameplay:

- PSASBR gameplay / game mechanic is AMAZING!!!!

- It’s so fun, addictive and everything else I have mentioned!!!

- the controls may sound a bit tough to some but I got the hang of them in a matter of a minute.

- on my 1st game I was a bit confused; I had no idea what I should do.. the game didnt very much help me in knowing everything

- but I like those games Smiley Happy who give you a small detail making the player learn by themselves.

- the controls are spot on and always make the attack you want.

In-depth Controls

- it may take you 5 or 4 battles to master and know everything or most things about a certain character but in my 1st battle I got pretty fine and actually won Smiley Very Happy

- every character is so different and unique than the others its amazing!

- square is mostly the close range,medium range attacks which are nice and all depending of course on who you are.

- triangle is what I might say as heavy and unique attacks for each character that depending of course on who you are really changes what attacks you'll be doing with him.

- circle is what I might call the technical and special attacks. most are usually not for head on battling but assisting or countering

Items

- picking up items is kinda annoying and sometimes is a bit of a struggle

- you have to stand right on top of it or a bit next to it instead of grabbing it while in motion which can kinda annoy but its not a game breaker.

- the items are very useful and are used for many situations.

- there arent many in the beta there were enough to keep it cool.

Supers

- the main function of PSASBR though are the supers and they are great!

- each super is actually unique and works differently for each character giving great strategy

- a guy who you get ap fast with but has not so good supers? or a guy who gets ap slower but his supers are so good you know you’re gonna get alot of kills throughout the match?

- the stage you play in can actually change what super you think will work best for as some supers might be hard to pull off correctly and get lots of kills with depending on the stage

Enhancements

- cool new background music for menu screens.

- very polished and improved build with the damage numbers and aura character selction.

Full List of Bugs/Glitches:

there are loadsss of bugs and stuff in the beta some reasonable but other very annoying

- teleportation

- a few times the game lags and makes player randomly go everywhere and sometimes get hit by nothing

- alone in a game. very rarely while getting in a game the connectio breaks up I guess and instead of getting an error screen your just playing alone for a few

- cant do supers, ultra frustrating and makes you unable to use any super!!

- cant pick up items

- parappa literely had his lvl 3 and after he used it he still had the bar at lvl 3 and he kept using it and it somehow killed the players alot of times till the game ended

- game stuck in found character and I had to start all over again in searching (happened only twice not too bad)

- radec's lvl 1 reticule thing got stuck and it was just scrolling around the stage

- the little bomb that disables the use of supers effect was some what still active but only not showing what lvl super you had making it really hard to know what you are going to use

Characters:

• Kratos: kratos is the all rounder master in the beta. he is what I think any new comer to the game should start with as he is an amazing mix of medium and a bit of close range attacks. he is a beast in combos (mostly aeriel combos) and is has supers while not the best are still very very good mostly his lvl 3!!! top 3 vital moves: spear and shield dash- traingle and to the side barbarian hammer shockwave -triangle down burst straight into the enemy with the chaos blades - square and side

• Parappa: parappa is what Id like to call " up close and personal" character. he has only close range attacks....but his speed , meter charge and agility pay up for it. he is the fastest character in the beta and his moves and attacks are very fast too. his supers however are the problem. his lvl 1 is okay easily takes out 1 dude but I even got 3 with it! . his lvl 2 is what most people will wanna use as he fluidly skates around the stage and can take out 3 people with ease. and his lvl 3 is not so good but very shiny and beatiful as it is a cinematic 3 kill lvl 3 which are nice but only to show off how cool it is. top 3 vital moves: extremely fast punches / kicks - just square / down square in the air boombox ap generator - down circle skateboard dash - in the air side triangle

• Sweet tooth: he is the jack of all trades but master of only close range. he has both a great mix of close,medium and trapping attacks and is one of my favorite characters in the beta! he might be slow but he as such powerful attacks and gets ap like a monster! 3 shotgun hits and he can already use his lvl 1. he has reasonable supers but only is lvl 3 is where he shines. his lvl 1 is a cool little short dash move where if he makes it to his enemy he sticks a mine on his back and kicks him away which is cool and all but is very hard to pull off. but can do more than 1 kill if done at the right time. lvl 2 not so great and has a hard time getting enough kills with it. but the lvl 3 like Ive said is amazing if you do it in the right spot and in a good stage you can easily get with it 6 kills (my max is 7 kills!) but some players might trick you and make it impossible to hit as they stand behind your feet but move hastily around making it impossible. top 3 vital moves: mine - Down triangle shotgun - trinagle side ram - square side

• Radec: the cheap character which every fighting game has. just like christie from tekken or eddie this is the character who has the most unfair moves who are impossible to avoid sometimes if done goodly. radec is the master of long range and his attacks and supers show that very wildly. he litterly has attacks which can hit all the way through the other side of the stage. a good character but with moves which are too good to use apropriatly. super wise he is very good. lvl 1 not so good but effective nontheless. his lvl 2 is great and usually gets 3 kills alot but his lvl 3 is the best in the beta hands down. it is impossible to fully dodge the barrage of explosions which radec sends at the players. and it might only get 6 but he gets it so fast and without even breaking a sweat that it truly shows how powerful radec is. top 3 vital moves: sniper shot - triangle side sticky bomb shot - circle short range handgun shot - square to the side

• Fat Princess: the hard to master character. she is one tough lady (if you can even call her that) she is the wierd mix of short range and long range attacks which work out pretty goodly in a very odd way. she is pretty useful up close with her heavy moves but she also has some nice help from her guards who can set up bombs , shoot fireballs and even come dashing at players to attack. she might be slow but her supers are actually pretty good. her lvl 1 is extremely useful and gets lots of kills. lvl 2 is very good too, like parappa but slower and she can dash with the cute chiken! but lvl 3 is kinda worthless and barely gets any kills... top 3 vital moves: ground pound - triangle down (in air) swirl -triangle (can do an amazing combo of just triangle!) belly dash - in the air triangle to the side

Conclusion:

overall this beta is amazing!!!!!!! so gonna buy this game! Smiley Very Happy I hope SB will fix the bugs in the upcoming beta updates and I also heard they'll add more content maybe so I am maybe gonna upsate this Smiley Happy hope you liked this Smiley Happy took me some time : / also the game is gonna be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! beta for me is 9.5 out of 10 very good but has a few bug issues which I am sure will be fixed in the final game so maybe it will be a 10 out of 10 who knows Smiley Happy also who wants to battle me? the master of kratos , sweet tooth and also a bit of parappa??? Smiley Tongue

------------------
THIS IS ACE

Team Aceun

Message 9 of 18 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 19, 2012
A Million times better ^

Message 10 of 18 (290 Views)
0 Likes