Sackboy
519 posts

Re: Might decide not to buy this...

Oct 6, 2012
Well I think they did no unlockable characters because every character can level up relatively high
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 21 of 38 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 6, 2012

How many times do people have to be told that THERE ARE MORE THAN 20 **bleep** CHARACTERS.

IT HAS BEEN **bleep** CONFIMED BY MULTIPLE SOURCES.

Message 22 of 38 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 6, 2012
@Kirk 20 characters was just confirmed by SuperBot
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 23 of 38 (89 Views)
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

How many times do people have to be told that THERE ARE MORE THAN 20 **bleep** CHARACTERS.

IT HAS BEEN **bleep** CONFIMED BY MULTIPLE SOURCES.

Superbot themselves said there are only 20. Way to be an **bleep** though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 24 of 38 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:
Ok guys, heres an example of why no unlockables is a big deal... Would any of you guys play call of duty if leveling up didnt give you anything new? Or if in Skyrim, you started with filled out skill trees? Or if you played Gran Turismo, but started with the fastest car? Probably not. I like to earn my characters, not have them handed to me.

That is completely and totally different. You work the whole game to fill those skill trees and unlock those perks. In games like this, like how it was in every Smash Bros game, you unlock all the characters in a matter of days. Are you really going to cancel your preorder because there's a SLIGHT possiblity that you wont be able to use those 3 or 4 days to unlock characters??
That's so dumb.

Message 25 of 38 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 6, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:

No. One missinformed person said this in a comment on Playstation Blog. Paul Gale (a completely reliable source) and Omar himself has said more than 20 characters. I thought this was already know as fact by now......?

Message 26 of 38 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 6, 2012
@Kirk yesterday at EB Games Expo Omar said the 20 characters already revealed ate the launch roster
Join my tournament!
Message 27 of 38 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:
Ok guys, heres an example of why no unlockables is a big deal... Would any of you guys play call of duty if leveling up didnt give you anything new? Or if in Skyrim, you started with filled out skill trees? Or if you played Gran Turismo, but started with the fastest car? Probably not. I like to earn my characters, not have them handed to me.

That is completely and totally different. You work the whole game to fill those skill trees and unlock those perks. In games like this, like how it was in every Smash Bros game, you unlock all the characters in a matter of days. Are you really going to cancel your preorder because there's a SLIGHT possiblity that you wont be able to use those 3 or 4 days to unlock characters??
That's so dumb.

1. Never said I was cancelling my pre order. I said MIGHT, i most likely wont.

2. It kills the replay value if there is no unlockable characters, because there are no rewards. Or at least none to my liking. And in smash, It takes longer than 3 - 4 days, and even if it does, thats still better than this game's. 

3. Its not completely different, because your supposed to work through the story for a character in a fighter. Sure character endings are cool, but not as cool as a character. It will never be as exciting as when you beat SSB and see the sillhouette of a secret character challenging you. And for me, 4 days of characters lasts 2 weekends because Im always swamped in schoolwork, so those 3-4 days feel much longer than they seem.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 28 of 38 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:

No. One missinformed person said this in a comment on Playstation Blog. Paul Gale (a completely reliable source) and Omar himself has said more than 20 characters. I thought this was already know as fact by now......?

Yesterday, Omar himself said 20 only.

Message 29 of 38 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 6, 2012

AZTEK--24 wrote:
@Kirk yesterday at EB Games Expo Omar said the 20 characters already revealed ate the launch roster

No. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5CyhCuW8I&feature=channel&list=UL
They ask if there are more characters to be revealed. And Omar says: "Not any that I will talk about right now."

Message 30 of 38 (50 Views)
0 Likes