Wastelander
764 posts

Re: Might decide not to buy this...

Oct 6, 2012

Chrisx444 wrote:
Its your choice man but this has to be the dumbest reason why to cancel a pre order.

And how is it dumb? No unlockables is a huge deal because it dramatically lowers a games replay value. Most of the fun for me comes from unlocking thos characters. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 11 of 38 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:

Blood-Knight7 wrote:
no reason to play?

Play online and have fun with your friends. Reccent Fighting Games has every character unlocked from the start now. It makes the competition more fair. Like its not fair that I have to waste my time unlocking Marth while someone is getting better with Link already.

They could just make every character unlocked online, and make you work for them in single player. I spend most of my time fighting CPUs in SP in most fighting games.

Then what about offline tourneis? especially the launch ones. You can't unlock off al the character by then

http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 12 of 38 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 6, 2012

although this is a dumb reason not to buy this game,

i agree that no unlockables is a let down,

but i'm still gonna buy the game, and i hope you come around too!

Play For Fun!
Message 13 of 38 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
83 posts

Oct 6, 2012

i was so happy when they confirmed that all characters will be playable from the get go because i hate to unlock them everytime again when i want to play the game with my friends on another ps3 -.-

Message 14 of 38 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Ok guys, heres an example of why no unlockables is a big deal... Would any of you guys play call of duty if leveling up didnt give you anything new? Or if in Skyrim, you started with filled out skill trees? Or if you played Gran Turismo, but started with the fastest car? Probably not. I like to earn my characters, not have them handed to me.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 15 of 38 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:

Chrisx444 wrote:
Its your choice man but this has to be the dumbest reason why to cancel a pre order.

And how is it dumb? No unlockables is a huge deal because it dramatically lowers a games replay value. Most of the fun for me comes from unlocking those characters. 

Who said it wouldnt have other unlockables instead of characters?? Mortal kombat didnt rarely have unlockable characters but you know what I had fun with the game regardless of unlockable characters.

Message 16 of 38 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Blood-Knight7 wrote:

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:

Blood-Knight7 wrote:
no reason to play?

Play online and have fun with your friends. Reccent Fighting Games has every character unlocked from the start now. It makes the competition more fair. Like its not fair that I have to waste my time unlocking Marth while someone is getting better with Link already.

They could just make every character unlocked online, and make you work for them in single player. I spend most of my time fighting CPUs in SP in most fighting games.

Then what about offline tourneis? especially the launch ones. You can't unlock off al the character by then

Cheat codes, or taking the time to unlock characters can solve this. Its not like in offline, your friends will have a diffent selection than you. 

Message 17 of 38 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Chrisx444 wrote:

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:

Chrisx444 wrote:

And how is it dumb? No unlockables is a huge deal because it dramatically lowers a games replay value. Most of the fun for me comes from unlocking those characters. 

Who said it wouldnt have other unlockables instead of characters?? Mortal kombat didnt rarely have unlockable characters but you know what I had fun with the game regardless of unlockable characters.

I meant characters. Didnt you read my first post? I said I dont care for unlockable music, stages, etc.

Message 18 of 38 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I read your first post but did you read what I said? Like i said dude its your choice but your making a big deal out of nothing, look at virtual fighter, mortal kombat, mcv3 all those barely had any unlockable characters but sill had alot of other contenet and replay vauels that didnt include unlocking characters.

Message 19 of 38 (81 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Chrisx444 wrote:

I read your first post but did you read what I said? Like i said dude its your choice but your making a big deal out of nothing, look at virtual fighter, mortal kombat, mcv3 all those barely had any unlockable characters but sill had alot of other contenet and replay vauels that didnt include unlocking characters.

Those dont have much replay value. I have MVC3 and MK, both were fun for about a week. Now I play them once in a while, but not much.  And both had unlockable characters. Evn though it was a small amount of them, it's better than none at all.

Message 20 of 38 (69 Views)
0 Likes