Wastelander
764 posts

Re: Might decide not to buy this...

Oct 6, 2012

KirkAnam wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:
@Kirk yesterday at EB Games Expo Omar said the 20 characters already revealed ate the launch roster

No. Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5CyhCuW8I&feature=channel&list=UL
They ask if there are more characters to be revealed. And Omar says: "Not any that I will talk about right now."

When he says that, hes talking about future DLC. There will only be 20 characters at launch.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 31 of 38 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 6, 2012
^then later on he says the 20 characters revealed are the launch roster.
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 32 of 38 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
241 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Xx_AngeLoNe_xX wrote:

KirkAnam wrote:

AZTEK--24 wrote:
@Kirk 20 characters was just confirmed by SuperBot

No. One missinformed person said this in a comment on Playstation Blog. Paul Gale (a completely reliable source) and Omar himself has said more than 20 characters. I thought this was already know as fact by now......?

Yesterday, Omar himself said 20 only.

Posted by another user on this board:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw5CyhCuW8I&feature=channel&list=UL

If there were only 20, and they've been revealed, then questions like "Are there more characters to talk about?" and "Is Crash in?" would simply be answered with "No, there are no more characters." since if there were no more, there would be no harm in flat out saying it.  But instead, Omar says there no more charatcers that he will talk about right now, and as for Crash he just expresses how much they understand that certain characters, like Crash, are very important to the fan base and require lots of negotiation. Theres no way there's only 20 after seeing this.

Message 33 of 38 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
519 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Then why did Omar day the 20 characters in the demo are the launch roster?
Join my tournament!
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Tag-Team-Takedown-Tournament/m-p/37621483#M18186
Message 34 of 38 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I sympathise with you, Xx_AngeLoNe_xX, and I'm sorry to see you've speedily become the victim of raging fanboys calling you stupid. I've pretty much travelled the same path as you on the game; followed it since the start, was hugely excited about it, my enthusiasm waned as the months went on before being killed completely by various ridiculous and/or frustrating decisions on Superbot's part. The lack of unlockable characters was disappointing but not a killer for me. The various ways Superbot pandered to other developers was. Two Coles, for example. Raiden instead of Snake. New Dante.

And the joke that Playstation All Stars was about "celebrating Playstation's history". There are three character whose games started and ended on the PS1. Same for the PS2. From series that are still going? Fourteen! Honestly, I'm actually happy to reduce that to twelve, since Heihachi and Sweet Tooth have had games on all three systems but still, the discrepency is huge.

Finally, there's the way a few of the characters have been treated. Sir Dan has changed from the diverse character he was in Medievil to a slow, cumbersome "Melee Area Of Effect" character whose move set comes from a single (and least popular) game in the series. But it was the most recent and it was on the PSP, which is still being supported, unlike the PS1. Also, listen to some of the voice clips on Youtube. Listen to how bland some of the quotes are, such as Nariko's. "My sword is yours," and various other slivers of emotionless soundbytes. Basically, all this shows that the phrase "Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale is for the fans" is completely ludicrous. It's not. It's a marketing campaign for other developers and maybe for the lame "hardcore tourney players", since Superbot is pigeonholing characters like Sir Dan into roles they don't belong in just because it's what they want rather than what the fans want.

And yes, no Crash and no Final Fantasy character is an issue. A big one. It doesn't matter how many fanboys are now trying to dismiss the idea of Crash with, "meh, his games that weren't good anyway and anyone who doesn't buy the game because of Crash is a fanboy!" -- yeah, and that's not ridiculous, single-minded fanboyism, right? -- it's a huge issue, to the point that deciding not to buy the game is a legitimate response. Not having either one in a game called Playstation All-Stars is about as ridiculous as you can get. I get that that's not Superbot's fault, much like Lara (if they even wanted Lara in the game) but come on ... what is this game without Crash? A playable billboard for other games. That's it.

Message 35 of 38 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2075 posts

Oct 6, 2012

there may not be any unlockable characters but there are supposed to be a ton of unlockables.  Things like alternate costumes, intros, outros, minions, belts, taunts, theme music, and more for each and every character.  maybe that will keep you busy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 36 of 38 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5661 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Crash Crash Crash. Am I missing something ? Seriously, I'm a huge fan of the original series, it's one of the first games I played on the PS1 (after Tomb Raider), but is it really that game breaking not to have him in ? It's like if they decided not to include Drake (PS3s unofficial mascot ala Crash with PS1) because he doesn't transition well into the game, I'd be hurt, but I wouldn't disown the game for it.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 37 of 38 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Drake has nowhere near the significance of Crash. God knows there are plenty of other human males with guns who could fill his role. Could anyone fill Crash's? And I say that as a fan of Drake but frankly, Lara would've been more welcome than him.

Message 38 of 38 (44 Views)