Highlighted
Oct 06 2012
By: Xx_AngeLoNe_xX Wastelander 764 posts

Might decide not to buy this...

[ Edited ]
37 replies 527 views Edited Oct 6, 2012

*sigh* For anyone that remembers me on these forums, you'd know that I dont hate the game, and I always defended it when other people made posts like this. But now I'm the one thats about to cancel my pre-order. Why? Not because there are only 20 characters. That doesnt bother me because of the likeliness of DLC, and I already like the roster a lot. But what really bothers me is having no unlockable characters. Having no unlockable characters is exactly why I abandoned the Tekken franchise. They are what give me a reason to play the game. Having all the characters really ruins the game for me because no matter how good the gameplay is, I dont have a reason to play. I dont want to unlock music, or statues of characters, or stages. I cant use them. I can use stages, but stages, are nowhere near as fun as characters. I really have lost hype for this game. I'd hate to see my journey with the game end like this, because it isnt even out and Ive been following since its "Title Fight" days, but that news didnt even slow down my hype train, it derailed it, took out its engine, launched it into the sun, and spit on the tracks that the hype train was on. Superbot's handling of the games publicity has been horrible. They should have said 20 characters from the start instead of letting people like Paul Gale get us excited only to shoot down our hopes. Its not the 20 characters that bothers me, its that Superbot let the rumors go so far. And like I said, I like the roster, but lets be honest, 20 characters in a modern day fighter is pathetic, even if its the first in a franchise. And this isnt all SB's fault. Its some of ours too. Had the BETA never been hacked, leaking all the characters, there would at least be suprises.

I dont know whether or not I'll cancel my pre-order yet. But this has been a really depressing game to follow after its announcement. After that, every character was leaked, there was the droughts of news, the rumors, and the let down. 

squid Pic related: Its my hopes and dreams for the game.

Oh well, hopefully Superbot can get me excited for the game again before its release, and thank you for reading, I needed to vent this...

To those saying this isnt a good reson to cancel my pre order: Would any of you guys play Call of Duty if leveling up didnt give you anything new? Or if in Skyrim, you started with filled out skill trees? Or if you played Gran Turismo, but started with the fastest car? Probably not. I like to earn my characters, not have them handed to me.

And I never said Im cancelling it for sure, Im most likely gonna get the game anyway, I'm just saying theres a chance I would.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 1 of 38 (527 Views)
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Re: Might decide not to buy this...

Oct 6, 2012

So your name is Squidward? Nice.

1347327851150.gif

Message 2 of 38 (510 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
119 posts

Oct 6, 2012
no reason to play?

Play online and have fun with your friends. Reccent Fighting Games has every character unlocked from the start now. It makes the competition more fair. Like its not fair that I have to waste my time unlocking Marth while someone is getting better with Link already.
http://i50.tinypic.com/1o8x79.jpg
Message 3 of 38 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

firkbardic8 wrote:

So your name is Squidward? Nice.

1347327851150.gif

I knew someone would say that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic"The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke."
Message 4 of 38 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Oct 6, 2012

yeah, im also down because there are no unlockables, but i didnt cancel my preorder Smiley Very Happy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

original.png

Message 5 of 38 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Its your choice man but this has to be the dumbest reason why to cancel a pre order.
Message 6 of 38 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Blood-Knight7 wrote:
no reason to play?

Play online and have fun with your friends. Reccent Fighting Games has every character unlocked from the start now. It makes the competition more fair. Like its not fair that I have to waste my time unlocking Marth while someone is getting better with Link already.

They could just make every character unlocked online, and make you work for them in single player. I spend most of my time fighting CPUs in SP in most fighting games.

Message 7 of 38 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I understand why. Because they want to use this kinda game for tournament play. And they've compensated the lack of character unlocks with everything else being unlockable.
Message 8 of 38 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Im sorry, but that is not a good reason to not get this game.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 9 of 38 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Chrisx444 wrote:
Its your choice man but this has to be the dumbest reason why to cancel a pre order.

And how is it dumb? No unlockables is a huge deal because it dramatically lowers a games replay value. Most of the fun for me comes from unlocking those characters. 

Message 10 of 38 (436 Views)
0 Likes