Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Re: Might Cancel my preorder

Nov 13, 2012

Preorders are a deposit that go towards the game. I am pretty sure they will not pay you back the money down. The $5 down is a deposit because they want to make sure you come buy your reserved copy and they do not have extra stock. Wal-mart does a midnight release simply because they are 24 hours (some are not).

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 11 of 28 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 13, 2012

The preorder code will not be given separately. It will most likely be inside the box. That is how most games do it now, anyway. 

Message 12 of 28 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5693 posts

Nov 13, 2012
Just go for Amazon man, and get it day-1. Try a prime trial if you want to get it day one, for free. I find it silly to cancel your preorder because you can't get it day one... It's a bit childish, bro.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/OFFICIAL-GEX-for-PSASBR-Thread-Sony-Santa-Monica-Please-Read/m-p/40066215/
Message 13 of 28 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:
Just go for Amazon man, and get it day-1. Try a prime trial if you want to get it day one, for free. I find it silly to cancel your preorder because you can't get it day one... It's a bit childish, bro.

Not getting it at midnight would not be a big deal. Not getting it day 1, however...I would be angry seeing all my friends online playing it!

Message 14 of 28 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 13, 2012
@bob-maul are you talking about not getting the $5 back from GameStop or Walmart? I don't know how Walmart works, but at my GameStop they always give you your money back weather it's $5 or $65 they give you whatever you have down if you want to cancel.
Message 15 of 28 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 13, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@bob-maul are you talking about not getting the $5 back from GameStop or Walmart? I don't know how Walmart works, but at my GameStop they always give you your money back weather it's $5 or $65 they give you whatever you have down if you want to cancel.

Really? That must have changed then. I did that a few years back and they took my $5. Walmart works by just being open all night. You go in at midnight and buy it!

Message 16 of 28 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Nov 13, 2012

I don't think it's childish. It's a game that people want at midnight, I do too. They also want the preorder bonuses, I do too. Don't be mean.

Sadly I don't think there is anyway to preorder from Wal-Mart. I'm currently having the same problem as you.
What you could do is buy it midnight at Wal-Mart. The next day buy it at gamestop, copy the code on the recipt, then return the game unopened for a full refund. As long as you don't open it you can return it and the codes on the recipt. I don't know if they will get mad at you or not, but they can't do much about it.

Message 17 of 28 (90 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Thirty3Three wrote:

how is canceling my preorder which is my decision to get it at a place where I can get it at midnight?

Photobucket
Message 18 of 28 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Nov 13, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

TwistedAvenger wrote:

Really? That must have changed then. I did that a few years back and they took my $5. Walmart works by just being open all night. You go in at midnight and buy it!

Yeah I have never had them not give my money back. I have canceled pre-orders from $5 and go that back and pre-ordes when i had it fully paid and got the whole $65 and change back. I don't know if its different in each place or if the employees were I live just don't care. For me its been that way for years.

Message 19 of 28 (67 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 13, 2012
well has anyone got a preorder bonus when they buy at midnight from walmart
Photobucket
Message 20 of 28 (62 Views)
0 Likes