Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Re: Might Cancel my preorder

Nov 13, 2012

sovietprince wrote:
well has anyone got a preorder bonus when they buy at midnight from walmart

I have not bought anything at  midnight there.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 21 of 28 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
364 posts

Nov 13, 2012

just stay with your preorder at gamestop. if you want it just stick with it at gamestop because cancelling your preorder is not gonna be better than a walmart release.

#ClownTroops
Message 22 of 28 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
288 posts

Nov 13, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

Preorders are a deposit that go towards the game. I am pretty sure they will not pay you back the money down. The $5 down is a deposit because they want to make sure you come buy your reserved copy and they do not have extra stock. Wal-mart does a midnight release simply because they are 24 hours (some are not).

i have never ever had that happen to me for any video game pre order i can only speak for Canada and Ontario but if you make a pre order here and then cancel that have to refund u the full amount that u put down on a game its not as if they rendered either a good or a service . in my understanding the down payment is more or a lay away charge where the deposite is kept in safe keeping until the time of sale and is not infact paying for a service

Message 23 of 28 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14608 posts

Nov 13, 2012

ark567 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

Preorders are a deposit that go towards the game. I am pretty sure they will not pay you back the money down. The $5 down is a deposit because they want to make sure you come buy your reserved copy and they do not have extra stock. Wal-mart does a midnight release simply because they are 24 hours (some are not).

i have never ever had that happen to me for any video game pre order i can only speak for Canada and Ontario but if you make a pre order here and then cancel that have to refund u the full amount that u put down on a game its not as if they rendered either a good or a service . in my understanding the down payment is more or a lay away charge where the deposite is kept in safe keeping until the time of sale and is not infact paying for a service

Yeah. It seems that way. They did it to me once a few years ago.

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 24 of 28 (56 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 13, 2012

Omega_Rez wrote:

just stay with your preorder at gamestop. if you want it just stick with it at gamestop because cancelling your preorder is not gonna be better than a walmart release.

the point is I want to pick it up a midnight and my gamestop not going to do that

Photobucket
Message 25 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Nov 13, 2012

There's no midnight release.  Boohoo. 

Watch some tv, go to sleep, get it in the morning.

Message 26 of 28 (38 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
949 posts

Nov 14, 2012

dont pre-order, put your money toward far cry 3 or a better game than this broken garbage

Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 27 of 28 (20 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Nov 14, 2012

dude just because there is no midnight release does not mean you shouldn't buy it

Photobucket
Message 28 of 28 (15 Views)
0 Likes