Highlighted
Jan 13 2013
By: BomB-RideR-14 Wastelander 561 posts

Meter Inconsistency Between Online and Offline

[ Edited ]
22 replies 193 views Edited Jan 13, 2013

Have you ever wondered why your opponent gains enough meter for them to gain access to their next super from you hitting them? I've noticed this several times...but only while online.

Go ahead and test this if you like...

Play an offline versus match with any character that has access to an AP burst combo. Combo them until you build enough meter to perform the AP burst (a combo that generates 100 AP or more that grants the attacker a bonus 30 AP). Note how the opponent does not gain meter from this at all.

Now do this while online. Note how the opponent's meter increases by 30 AP upon comboing them. The opponent is getting rewarded for you performing a combo on them, but only while online (not offline).

So if at the very start of the match, imagine a Raiden player against a Sweet Tooth player start the match off with 0 AP each. Raiden performs an AP burst combo allowing him to generate 150 AP. If this was an offline match, Sweet Tooth would have 0 AP seeing as how he never attacked the opponent. If this was an online match, then Sweet Tooth would be rewarded with 30 AP despite having never layed an attack on Raiden.

So the rules between the offline and online modes of this game are completely inconsistent.

This puts a character like Sly Cooper at a bit of an advantage against a character like Raiden since Sly never goes for AP burst combos. Sly gets rewarded for Raiden hitting him, but Raiden won't get rewarded for Sly hitting him since Sly can't reliably generate over 100 AP with a single combo.

The metagame for the online and offline portions of this game will be completely different as a result.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 23 (193 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Re: PLEASE READ: Meter Inconsistency Between Online and Offline

Jan 13, 2013
Your mom is inconsistent... -__-
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 23 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I don't really care, really
"Say Pam, ever hung from a ceiling fan while your partner sat on a paint mixer"
 photo lordvv-1.gifVegeta GIF photo vegeta.gif
Message 3 of 23 (173 Views)
Survivor
2388 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Ive noticed this and thinks its great, if ur not as skilled as others and tend to get combo locked all the time it offers a fighting chance. I can however see how people would view this negatively. For all the work that they have done to simply get attacked with the opponents super even after they havent landed a single hit does seem a bit unfair. but if ur good enough to keep them combo locked and avoid getting hit u should be good enough to avoid the super.
Message 4 of 23 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jan 13, 2013

I'd like to point out, once more, that this only happens while online and not offline. So you only get that "fighting chance" if you are playing online.

Trying to make people aware of this and it seems people want to troll me for it (first two comments). That's cool.

Message 5 of 23 (163 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1040 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I've notice this too i was going to make a thread about it myself
A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 6 of 23 (157 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1512 posts

Re: Meter Inconsistency Between Online and Offline

Jan 13, 2013
Quit cryin lika lil **bleep**
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 7 of 23 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1040 posts

Jan 13, 2013

^ W.T.F is your problem

A African-American adult male has taken illegally possession of my 2-wheeled mode of transportation thus has acquired my property under false pretenses
Message 8 of 23 (143 Views)
Wastelander
572 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Yes! im glad someone else noticed this! I think it might be some kind of glitch. I mean why would your opponent get ap when you hit them? and why is it only online?

ouyofo.jpg

Message 9 of 23 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
561 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Xarf wrote:
Yes! im glad someone else noticed this! I think it might be some kind of glitch. I mean why would your opponent get ap when you hit them? and why is it only online?

Either superbot wanted to close the skill gaps between players for ranked matches, or this is indeed a glitch. I'm not entirely sure. Although, even in casual 1vs1 matches, this "glitch" tends to occur.

Message 10 of 23 (127 Views)
0 Likes