Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 07 2012
By: Ndukauba Gaming Beast 1858 posts

Message to SuperBot

6 replies 171 views Edited Oct 7, 2012
For the people crying about the character roster, grow up! I want Crash, Spyro and Cloud in just as much as anybody, but I'm not complaining because they can always add them as DLC! Plus, I'm not only getting the game because of those characters, unlike a few people who just want those characters in then not use them because y'all think their moveset sucks because they don't have the moves Y'ALL wanted... (For people who aren't like this, this doesn't apply to you) However one thing does bother me; not being able to unlock characters.

Here's my message to SuperBot

Hello SuperBot. I know you guys are having a hard time dealing with the fans ranting about the characters. They're being foolish. The character roster is good, plus, hopefully, we'll get DLC in the future. However, the only complaint I have is the fact that you can't unlock characters.

In the interview with Omar Kendall at EB Games Expo, he stated that the team decided to have every character available  from the get-go, but that ruins a huge chunk of excitement. Unlocking characters gives people something to look forward to when they play  a story mode or any other mode. Having them available from the start will instantly kill the motivation of playing this game in a matter of weeks/months, (unless online has a leaderboard, then it might last a lot longer). They should have half of the characters available from the start so you can find out their story and unlock their rivals so you can find out their side of the story.

This game has a lot of potential, enough to become Game of the Year even, but the plot of content for the game as well as a major lack marketing and advertisement is destroying this game before it comes out. A majority of people from the PlayStation Official Forums have cancelled their pre-orders for this game already because of these reasons.

Please, for the sake of the fans, change your strategy, because it would suck to have your company shut down because no one bought your first game, that you have been working on for years, or due to a disappointingly low amount of sales. You have 1 month left. Please hurry.

I'm still getting this game on day one, but they have to change their strategy to make this game reappeal to the fans in general.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Re: Message to SuperBot

Oct 7, 2012
They're kinda taking this as a serious fighting game. I personally know that the fighter gamers hat are interested in this game want them all unlocked right then. My cousin and his friends do. They're hardcore fighters
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (162 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 7, 2012

harley2947 wrote:
They're kinda taking this as a serious fighting game. I personally know that the fighter gamers hat are interested in this game want them all unlocked right then. My cousin and his friends do. They're hardcore fighters

eh so am i and my friends, but we all want unlockable characters xD oh well:smileytongue:

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Personally, Both PSAS and Smash bros need to do the following.

When you first create a profile, have an option to automatically unlock everything or not. that way gamers like me who just want to jump in and play around with everything can, but gamers like yourself who love unlocking things can still have their fun.

Such a simple compromise but of course, neither developer has had the common sense.

And another big complaint people, not you inpaticular, but others, have is a lack of content, which there is tons of. With the slew of online options and the lengthy single player options, combined with the trophy system and the amount of customization, you are looking at a game that is on par with Super Smash for overall content factor. The main difference being unlockables, but there is still TONS of content to explore and play with.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (151 Views)
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Oct 7, 2012
I want unlockables too. That's what I loved about Spyro, I had to unlock levels and worlds and bosses
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1858 posts

Oct 7, 2012
Illuvial, I didn't say lack of content. They have content, but the way they're plotting to tell the fans about it isn't good as well as their marketing scheme. The only game modes I know are story, online, multiplayer (kill limit/reverse stock, 2 v 2, 1 on 1, 2 v 1, free for all).
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
516 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

I was addressing another major complaint people are having, I know you did not bash that portion. lol

I edited the original post a bit to try and rectify the mistake.

But honestly even your complaint falls through, what do most fighting games have? Story, online multiplayer, and local multiplayer and training options.

And this title as well as Super Smash both beat out the average fighter in terms of story length and replayability. Plus there are more options for online and multiplayer in general to keep more fans interested longer. So no, it is not lacking in that respect either.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (83 Views)