Sep 11 2012
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

Merchandise Idea

9 replies 224 views Edited Sep 11, 2012

This was another random idea I had.  Wouldn't it be cool if a company were to make little collectible figurines of each of the characters from the game?  Not necessarily action figures (though that would also be cool), but small 3" statues that you can put on display, sort of like the trophies in Smash Bros. but in real life.  The poses would probably just be 3-D versions of the renders from the site.

Better yet, they could be like those miniature boxed figurines you see in Barnes & Noble where you won't know which one you get until you open the box.  SuperBot could then do some sort of pre-order bonus where they include one with the game.

Would you want to see something like this? Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 10 (224 Views)
Sackboy
436 posts

Re: Merchandise Idea

Sep 11, 2012

ItsLuigiTime wrote:

This was another random idea I had.  Wouldn't it be cool if a company were to make little collectible figurines of each of the characters from the game?  Not necessarily action figures (though that would also be cool), but small 3" statues that you can put on display, sort of like the trophies in Smash Bros. but in real life.  The poses would probably just be 3-D versions of the renders from the site.

Better yet, they could be like those miniature boxed figurines you see in Barnes & Noble where you won't know which one you get until you open the box.  SuperBot could then do some sort of pre-order bonus where they include one with the game.

Would you want to see something like this? Smiley Surprised

I looooove game statues. Have one of Nathan Drake and Cole MacGrath from their respective Collector's Editions. Aiming for Kratos next with God of War: Ascension.

In relation to your topic, umm...HELL YES! Lol. 

Message 2 of 10 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Sep 12, 2012

I would love it untilli got fat princess and would be disappointed

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 3 of 10 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1609 posts

Sep 12, 2012
i would love that idea
Message 4 of 10 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Would love that only part is not knowing which character you are getting because if its random you could get like 3 fat princess's.
Message 5 of 10 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Parappa the Rapper backpack and beanie.
Message 6 of 10 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Sep 12, 2012

LOL, I hadn't thought of that.  Three Fat Princesses wouldn't be too good, yeah.  I guess it wouldn't have to be random; just a regular collectible figurine set would work too.  I also think they could be released in separate series:

Series 1

• Kratos
  • Fat Princess
  • PaRappa
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Colonel Radec
  • Sly Cooper
  • Nathan Drake
  • Big Daddy

Series 2

• Heihachi Mishima
  • Toro Inoue
  • Jak and Daxter
  • Cole MacGrath
  • Sackboy
  • Dante
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Spike

Series 3

• Evil Cole MacGrath
  • Raiden
  • Nariko
  • Sir Daniel Fortesque
  • (remaining TBA characters)

Also, if they DO go with the random idea, there could possibly be hidden variants in each series that contain a character's alternate costume.  That would be pretty neat.  ARE YOU LISTENING, SUPERBOT?

Message 7 of 10 (146 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1921 posts

Sep 12, 2012
Yep if they do announce a figurine set like that series 1,2,3 and do all that ill butpy but if not well i know right now there is a big daddy,ratchet and clank,nathan hale,helghast,kratos,nathan drake,sackboy figurines.
Message 8 of 10 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 12, 2012

Man if they came out with that It be a awesome collection to have on my shelf.

Message 9 of 10 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Sep 12, 2012

I'd totally dig PlayArts figures (The figures in the collector's editions have been pretty meh). Also I would totally be into plushies. Just seeing a cute little Ratchet or Jak OR EVEN BIG DADDY. I would buy that in seconds.

Message 10 of 10 (102 Views)
0 Likes