Fender Bender
3580 posts

Re: Mega Man X For DLC

Jan 28, 2013

IzoGray wrote:
Mega Man has a small relationship with Nintendo. X has the same if not bigger of a relationship with PS.
Also, I'm saying the idea of the franchise being exclusive to Nintendo and Smash Bros, even though there's never been exclusivity, is dumb.

It is dumb. (Franchise exclusivity)

X's relationship with Sony isn't bigger than the relationship the other Megaman's have. Classic was a major part of the NES library. .EXE and Starforce were both exclusive to the DS. The fact that the most famous version (Classic) is closer to Nintendo says a lot when it coems to the relationship the character has with a company.

I'm not saying that X can't happen though.

Message 11 of 23 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1517 posts

Jan 28, 2013
He wasn't even in marvel vs capcom Why would he be in this?

Message 12 of 23 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3009 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Listen, who cares if Megaman has a closer relationship with Nintendo. That shouldn't dictate whether or not for him to be in AllStars. Snake had MUCH closer ties to Playstation and he's in Smash. I want Megaman X in all stars and I would prefer the more Classic Mega Man in Smash. Although Im 99.9% positive he will not show up in AllStars and I'm pretty sure he won't show up in Smash(no specific reason just a gut feeling).
[The YouTube Poser]

Message 13 of 23 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

If we get another character from Capcom, the first Resident Evil has done far more for Playstation than all the Megaman games combined. The sales of RE4 on the PS2 were beaten only by the first Devil May Cry.

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 14 of 23 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3580 posts

Jan 28, 2013

MarcusSoul wrote:
Listen, who cares if Megaman has a closer relationship with Nintendo. That shouldn't dictate whether or not for him to be in AllStars. Snake had MUCH closer ties to Playstation and he's in Smash. I want Megaman X in all stars and I would prefer the more Classic Mega Man in Smash. Although Im 99.9% positive he will not show up in AllStars and I'm pretty sure he won't show up in Smash(no specific reason just a gut feeling).

Which is true. I'm jsut trying to point out that Megaman's chances in All-Stars is bad.

Well Masahiro Sakurai (Director of Smash) said that a Capcom rep is in the realm of possibility. So Megaman has a better shot at getting into smash then All-Stars.

Message 15 of 23 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Capcom also wants to start expanding Mega Man again. We may be seeing a version of him in both games.
Message 16 of 23 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Strider should be in this more imo because I think he needs to be more games other than marvel vs capcom.

Message 17 of 23 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Strider is in no where near the blue bombers iconic popularity.
Message 18 of 23 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

Then how come strider made it in ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 and megaman didn't? Answer that question Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 23 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Because Zero was already in there? He and X have very similar move sets.

Message 20 of 23 (34 Views)
0 Likes