Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

Nah, transformation Level 3s are fine. God Kratos and Goddess Nariko are immune to Medusa.

 

It's the kill-stealing that's the issue.


Understood, but I'm saying that with both the difficulty of landing the item and killing in time without getting killed by the 3, and also the rarity of the item should make doing this an OMG DID YOU JUST SEE HOW AWESOME THAT WAS ! moment. and not just immediately nerfed. See what I'm sayin?

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 11 of 28 (169 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013
Ok I'm ok with being able to steal kills via the head during someone's level 3 because I think it's gonna be rare that the head is around when they/you use a level 3, and if I or someone else manages to pull it off they/you will be **bleep** but that's gonna be hard to do so I give credit were its deserved. Also if it happens and you manage to do it that's good strategy by getting kills and stopping someone else from getting them. I honestly have no problem with this.
Message 12 of 28 (162 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
1859 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

As you know, if a character goes Level 3, all other Supers are off limits during.

 

Despite this, the Medusa Head still works the same as always, allowing for potential kill-stealing (tested it myself). I consider this an exploit and a mistake on SuperBot's part, and I say Level 3s should delete all Medusa Heads off the field.


Are you serious...? I have heard it all now... Nerf Medusa's Head... Dude, if you are actually suggesting to nerf an item, you honestly don't deserve to play this game... First off, the Medusa's Head is the ONLY item in the game that can kill, which only appears very rarely. Level 3's are Supers that support multiple kills. Now, saying nerf the Medusa's Head is like saying nerf the Home Run Bat when someone has smashed the Smash Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Dude, justplay the game how it is. The only thing that needed fixing is online play and some characters nerfs, that's it...

Message 13 of 28 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
1823 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:

Negimafan wrote:

As you know, if a character goes Level 3, all other Supers are off limits during.

 

Despite this, the Medusa Head still works the same as always, allowing for potential kill-stealing (tested it myself). I consider this an exploit and a mistake on SuperBot's part, and I say Level 3s should delete all Medusa Heads off the field.


Are you serious...? I have heard it all now... Nerf Medusa's Head... Dude, if you are actually suggesting to nerf an item, you honestly don't deserve to play this game... First off, the Medusa's Head is the ONLY item in the game that can kill, which only appears very rarely. Level 3's are Supers that support multiple kills. Now, saying nerf the Medusa's Head is like saying nerf the Home Run Bat when someone has smashed the Smash Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Dude, justplay the game how it is. The only thing that needed fixing is online play and some characters nerfs, that's it...


Since I tested for myself that people using a Level 3 are immune to Medusa, it should go to reason they're probably immune to everything that should theoretically kill them.

 

If SuperBot thought kill-stealing during a Level 3 was viable, they wouldn't have disabled Supers during one (it's not to protect you, it's to protect your kill-score). Face it, this was a mistep on their part. It was a recently patched item and they probably didn't think it through.

______________________________________________________________________________


I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:


Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg


Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.


Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 14 of 28 (138 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/22/2012
Offline
385 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013
U can kill steal with supers, if u use radecs lvl 1 right before someone activates their lvl 3 (and its not dante or someone that renders u helpless, so were talking like jak, nariko, kratos etc.) u can still shoot it, I do it in 2v2, when someone runs the opposite direction and my friends chasing someone else I can try to catch them.
December 11th 2012: Went 12-0 ranked FFA. (Jak)
December 13th 2012: Went 8-0 Stock Unranked FFA. (Jak)
January 10th 2013: Sniped Asis_aka_talent into Jak's lvl 1. (Uncle Radec)
April 16th 2013: Caught parappa's lvl 2 with Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 and didn't die in the process (Sweet Tooth)
May 5th 2013: Got my Radec eviscerated by whaatxddd's radec in 1v1. Kmart, u better watch out.
Just learnt "Drake" and is now learning "Nariko".
Message 15 of 28 (128 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 09/11/2012
Offline
1859 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Negimafan wrote:

Ndukauba wrote:

Negimafan wrote:

As you know, if a character goes Level 3, all other Supers are off limits during.

 

Despite this, the Medusa Head still works the same as always, allowing for potential kill-stealing (tested it myself). I consider this an exploit and a mistake on SuperBot's part, and I say Level 3s should delete all Medusa Heads off the field.


Are you serious...? I have heard it all now... Nerf Medusa's Head... Dude, if you are actually suggesting to nerf an item, you honestly don't deserve to play this game... First off, the Medusa's Head is the ONLY item in the game that can kill, which only appears very rarely. Level 3's are Supers that support multiple kills. Now, saying nerf the Medusa's Head is like saying nerf the Home Run Bat when someone has smashed the Smash Ball in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Dude, justplay the game how it is. The only thing that needed fixing is online play and some characters nerfs, that's it...


Since I tested for myself that people using a Level 3 are immune to Medusa, it should go to reason they're probably immune to everything that should theoretically kill them.

 

If SuperBot thought kill-stealing during a Level 3 was viable, they wouldn't have disabled Supers during one (it's not to protect you, it's to protect your kill-score). Face it, this was a mistep on their part. It was a recently patched item and they probably didn't think it through.


SuperBot has mentioned multiple times in multiple videos that Level 3's aren't able to be stopped by any means after activation. What in the world makes you think any type of item will stop a Level 3? Some Supers can be stopped by items, but not a Level 3. Case in point, what the hell would you think if Sweet Tooth's or Emmett Graves' Level 3 got stopped by Medusa's Head? THAT is ridiculous...

Message 16 of 28 (117 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
1823 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013

Ndukauba wrote:
SuperBot has mentioned multiple times in multiple videos that Level 3's aren't able to be stopped by any means after activation. What in the world makes you think any type of item will stop a Level 3? Some Supers can be stopped by items, but not a Level 3. Case in point, what the hell would you think if Sweet Tooth's or Emmett Graves' Level 3 got stopped by Medusa's Head? THAT is ridiculous...

I'm going to ask you this seriously, and I want you to think it through: do you understand what this topic is getting at? A means for anyone but the Level 3 user getting a kill effectively prevents a point for that player in what was meant to be the show-stopper that takes anywhere from 675 to 750 AP. I didn't bring up at any point the idea that the Level 3 user could be themselves affected by Medusa (I'm the one who brought up them being immune to it in fact).

 

You don't read that carefully, do you?

 

P.S: Radec getting a kill post-launch of his Level 1 takes some pretty great aim/fast reaction. I'd love to see somebody pull that off, in fact.

______________________________________________________________________________


I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:


Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg


Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.


Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 17 of 28 (103 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/29/2012
Offline
282 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013

You can't claim that it was a mistep at all. You have no evidence to prove this. The only thing you have is a complaint.

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 18 of 28 (96 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/22/2012
Offline
398 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

Jan 11, 2013

Someones mad just cause they lost kills on their level 3 by a random medusa's head. Like that happens everyday. Its a game get over it.

Message 19 of 28 (91 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/30/2012
Offline
1823 posts
 

Re: Medusa's Gaze legit nerf

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2013

Mogilicudi wrote:

You can't claim that it was a mistep at all. You have no evidence to prove this. The only thing you have is a complaint.


So you'd rather dismiss instead of attacking the actual point? Complaint or not, you haven't invalidated anything.

 

It seems like the only valid argument I've seen for keeping this as-is was several posts ago. It was the idea that despite the luck and rarity involved in getting the item, pulling off that kind of kill might take skill (I don't agree with that but the idea has some merit). Now everybody just wants to argue.

 

So if you like arguing, give me a solid argument why this should stay the way it is. If you find the entire thing minor and unnecessary to look into, stop replying (I'll take the hint). I'm exhausted of defending a point I simply wanted to bring attention to.

______________________________________________________________________________


I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:


Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg


Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.


Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 20 of 28 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes