Splicer
31 posts

Re: Me think Dante's been buffed a bit

Jan 22, 2013

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Why make a patch note list without adding every change.

You just got better with him, until otherwise told by SB.

Well said HighFlyer.  According to the Patch Notes Dante should have no differences what-so-ever.  So either it's all in your heads or Superbot did secretly buff him without telling anyone.  Which if that's the case, they might as well close their doors.  I'm sorry but what's the point of patching/balancing a game if you aren't going to tell anyone what the heck you are changing?  I hope that this isn't true and they are smart enough not to make changes without actually listing them.

www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Rudrose.png[/img]">
Message 41 of 43 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Rudrose wrote:

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
Why make a patch note list without adding every change.

You just got better with him, until otherwise told by SB.

Well said HighFlyer.  According to the Patch Notes Dante should have no differences what-so-ever.  So either it's all in your heads or Superbot did secretly buff him without telling anyone.  Which if that's the case, they might as well close their doors.  I'm sorry but what's the point of patching/balancing a game if you aren't going to tell anyone what the heck you are changing?  I hope that this isn't true and they are smart enough not to make changes without actually listing them.

Fighting games (and many other games, for that matter) make unlisted changes very frequently. Either it slips their mind, is very very small, or they want to keep it secret. In this case, I just think a few numbers on Dante were tweaked. Nothing to really write in the patch notes as it doesn't really affect his character in the long run.

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 42 of 43 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I can attest to the fact that superbot makes changes that aren't in the patch notes. For example, not only were Sackboy's comboing abilities affected with patch 1.03, but there were a few avatars that were removed (a few of Toro's and Spike's come to mind). Neither of these things were in the patch notes and were quite obvious to A) Sackboy players and B) People who were using avatars that were removed. My favorite avatar was Toro holding the golf club but now it's gone forever :'(

Message 43 of 43 (66 Views)