Feb 13 2013
By: BIGPOPPA21089 I Only Post Everything 876 posts

Me and Drakes love/hate relationship

8 replies 188 views Edited Feb 13, 2013

To this day even after dropping him for Jak, I still am a pretty **bleep** awesome drake and do not tend to lose when I choose him. That said I REALLY LOVE DRAKE in FFA, but instead of just doing the classic nooby drake stuff everyone does, I just disrupt the 2 players fighting somewhere else on the map with a barrel then, while the barrel is traveling, put all focus on comboing the guy nearest me. Resulting in up to 150 ap without causing anyone to burst and giving them free AP.

EX: raiden is comboing someone on one side of dojo, I kick a barrel his way then turn and fight the guy next to me (down square, down square, drop kick is by far my favorite; 70-90 ap for me depending on what i did prior to the first down square plus the 40- 60 AP from the barrel hitting raiden and who he is comboing, resulting in 150 ap without causing a burst)

Now I HATE YOU DRAKE because no one ever plays you properly anymore. Once in a while i run into a great drake, but 95% of the time everyone just noobs their way to lvl 1 then immediately uses it and misses A LOT or spams till lvl 3 then wins because that lvl 3 is nasty. I never thought you needed a nerf until I saw what the average Drake would do to win, which is just a bunch of BS and not a single decent combo. NO ONE CAN EVEN UTILIZE HIS MANY MOVES WHICH CAUSE WALL BOUNCES FOR EASY CONFIRMS. They just go for noob BS alllll freakiingggg gameeeee. 

One drake player I hate the most out of them all, and he is either a moderator on this site and deleted my thread about him or I had my thread removed by a moderator for posting his PSN (so I wont this time), but this kid IS TERRIBLE. Spams barrel and runs away to the corners where he just does the run n gun into the wall which technically results in a very similar loop to what Drake used to have, just much easier to escape. Anyway this kid does this the entire time, running away like a little puss, then when defeat is guaranteed, he quits. He is a black belt BTW so I'm sure any of us who enjoy ranked FFA and are brown/ black belts have played him before. And that belt is totally illegitimate, he just rage quits to keep his BP and only allows himself to take 1st or 2nd, and I bet he only takes the 2nd place because he is dumb and thinks he won the match.

Well Drake, as much as I love being you and utilizing your actual abilities and not just being another spammy noob, I still have to say your out for my newer love Jak. Everyone just expects a Jak to be an easy target, and underestimating me is exactly what I want the enemies to do.  

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Mains: Jak, Isaac Subs: Spike, Drake, Evil Cole
6 Seasons with Black Belt! (should be 8)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (188 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Re: Me and Drakes love/hate relationship

Feb 13, 2013
I also consider myself a good Drake and am one of the few people who use Drake for 1v1. We should play some time. Always fun firing another Drake who isn't reliant on barrel kicking like donkey kong
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 14, 2013

lol send me a request but I dont usually do 1v1 I can hold my own usually but if your amazing at 1v1 you will prob win. Ive won almost every one I did but it was vs people raging at me after I dominated a FFA so I highly doubt the skills they claimed to have. I win stock 2v1s if I am drake/jak and my tard teammate died in 2 seconds. I should start doing more 1v1s

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Add me YaBoyszAB3ast I try to utilize all of drakes moves and would love to practice against other drake users to see what I can work on. I'm a brown purple belt or brown I forgot ha
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Yup, I get your hate towards him, I've really only played against 1 drake that was actually good, constant ap bursting from that guy oh the fun with that 1v1 lol. But so far every other drake I've played against use a barrel then the ak-47 all the way to lvl 3 that annoys the hell out of me. I actually gave a drake a taste of his own barrel with sackboy today, guy was raging so hard and called me a spammer
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (77 Views)
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Haha, I faced this Drake today and I was Kat, he kept saying I was only mashing buttons, he was doing run and gun until he reached lvl 3
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Don't get me wrong barrel is a great tool but I use it more for zoning than spamming it for combos. I prefer square combos when I get close and I think that's how Drake is meant to be played
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (61 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Feb 14, 2013
Also to not use his run and gun and barrel is a waste. But to not use his other moves is also a waste
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (57 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
876 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Its not as if at the perfect distance to use that move I wont, but to just use that move is just... dumb and annoying nothing else

"ZA ZA ZA ZA ZING"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (40 Views)
0 Likes