Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Re: Maybe they've held off on Snake because of Ground Zeroes?

Sep 6, 2012
really big boss much wanted and better char . also solid snake is in ssbb

old snake or big boss(prefer big boss) will be super fit for thsi game
Message 11 of 32 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Solid Snake being in Smash really means nothing.

Message 12 of 32 (129 Views)
Sackboy
546 posts

Sep 6, 2012
Glad somebody understands that. Everybody makes such a big deal of "Snake is in Brawl already!" It really doesn't matter. Sonic could even show up in this game if they wanted. Even if we get Big Boss, a bunch of people that don't know the Metal Gear Solid story are going to be scratching their heads and confusing him with Snake, or saying they got his name wrong. Still, after getting a glimpse of Ground Zeroes, I really want him in. It reminded me how important Metal Gear really is.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
We're both lawyers.
Message 13 of 32 (123 Views)
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Sep 6, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

Solid Snake being in Smash really means nothing.

Thank you! Finally someone who has some sense! He was nothing but a GUEST CHARACTER. Just because he made a cameo somewhere else, means he can't appear where he truly belongs?! Hell no!... The only thing I'm worried about is the MGS Ground Zeroes reveal. It definitely has me thinking that Big Boss will get in over Snake, which bums me out big time. Although I realize they would probably be the same gameplay-wise (except OctoCamo?), and would essentially be skin swaps, it would still be very hard for me to accept the main protagonist of MGS not being in. Big Boss is a great character too for his own reasons, but there's no replacing Snake, no matter how hard Kojima tries! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 32 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 6, 2012
I highly doubt Solid Snake will be in this, as we already have a MGS rep and Big Boss seems like a better candidate, but you never know.
Message 15 of 32 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
297 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Big Boss would be a good hand to hand candidate with some firearms thrown in. Big Boss is IMPORTANT to the canon of MGS. eople say "snake is in brawl" because if we put Solid Snake into PSASBR people if any move resembles SSBB then people have more ammunition to say rip off and we want this game to avoid any of the negativity, if we put Big Boss in we are in a sense putting a different character. I would be fine with Big Boss and would readily accept him.

Message 16 of 32 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 6, 2012
The tweet just means he is in the game, it doesn't mean that he is a playable character. Anyone cold guess that snake is going to show up in the story cut scenes somehow if raiden is in

Message 17 of 32 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1145 posts

Sep 6, 2012

and again, solid snake/big boss is to iconic to let raiden alone represent the mgs franchise.

just wait and see.

Trujuju_91-Sig.png

Message 18 of 32 (93 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Sep 6, 2012

HeathenAmerico wrote:

First off... Since it's Big Boss, and not Solid Snake... You're entire topic is kinda pointless. Ground Zeroes has no effect on the look of Snake since, as stated, it's not Solid Snake.

Second, yeah if another Metal Gear rep is going to make it into the game, it would probably be Big Boss, which is awesome.

Actually it isn't pointless because if they announces Big Boss before Ground Zeroes in his new attire would have spoiled the Ground Zeroes annoument since everyone would have known there was a new MGS coming out with Big Boss as the main character.

Message 19 of 32 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Sep 6, 2012

Trujuju_91 wrote:

and again, solid snake/big boss is to iconic to let raiden alone represent the mgs franchise.

just wait and see.

big boss is should be . and he can use cqc different grandes. use shagohood. will be unique !

Message 20 of 32 (77 Views)
0 Likes