Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
371 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 12, 2016

Telephone-Calls wrote:

Sequel will never happen while SSM have control of the franchise.


You don't know that for sure.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 11 of 25 (831 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/19/2013
Offline
3450 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 12, 2016

Bam4evr wrote:

Telephone-Calls wrote:

Sequel will never happen while SSM have control of the franchise.


You don't know that for sure.


If I didn't know for sure I wouldn't make the statement.


"Stop trolling, you're CLEARLY trolling!" - Everyone In Off-Topic.

~ Proud Upholder Of The PS Forums Rules Of Conduct ~
~ Survivor Of Two Permanent Bans ~ Influential Satire Member ~

~ Forum Moderation Expert ~ Victim Of Many Injustices ~
~ Sworn Enemy To The Off-Topic Board ~ Anti-Troll Cultist ~
~ Flame War Veteran ~ GuardianBelle Vanquisher ~
~ Number #1 On The Welcoming Committee Kill List ~

Before you report this post, please check HERE to see if it actually breaches the PS Forums Rules Of Conduct, otherwise you're wasting your time! Thanks!

Message 12 of 25 (827 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
371 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2016

Telephone-Calls wrote:

Bam4evr wrote:

Telephone-Calls wrote:

Sequel will never happen while SSM have control of the franchise.


You don't know that for sure.


If I didn't know for sure I wouldn't make the statement.


Making a statement doesn't mean that you know for sure.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 13 of 25 (821 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 12, 2016

Bam4evr wrote:

Azimuth_24 wrote:

Now that I think about it, do you guys think the actual combat itself should be more like Power Stone or more like a Hack & Slash Like Devil May Cry, or God of War?


What do you mean by the actual combat?


I Think I meant actual gameplay so Power Stone 2's stages mixed with GOW: Ascension's Multiplayer or lack thereof

Message 14 of 25 (805 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
371 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2016

Azimuth_24 wrote:

Bam4evr wrote:

Azimuth_24 wrote:

Now that I think about it, do you guys think the actual combat itself should be more like Power Stone or more like a Hack & Slash Like Devil May Cry, or God of War?


What do you mean by the actual combat?


I Think I meant actual gameplay so Power Stone 2's stages mixed with GOW: Ascension's Multiplayer or lack thereof


It's been a while since I played Power Stone 2 but I think PlayStation All-Stars controls are similar to theirs, except Power Stone doesn't have either a block button or dodge roll feature.

 

I hadn't played God of War's multiplayer feature but wouldn't the hack & slash style naturally fit in this kind of gameplay? They're both 3D combat style games so it probably could work.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 15 of 25 (798 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 13, 2016

Bam4evr wrote:

Azimuth_24 wrote:

Bam4evr wrote:

Azimuth_24 wrote:

Now that I think about it, do you guys think the actual combat itself should be more like Power Stone or more like a Hack & Slash Like Devil May Cry, or God of War?


What do you mean by the actual combat?


I Think I meant actual gameplay so Power Stone 2's stages mixed with GOW: Ascension's Multiplayer or lack thereof


It's been a while since I played Power Stone 2 but I think PlayStation All-Stars controls are similar to theirs, except Power Stone doesn't have either a block button or dodge roll feature.

 

I hadn't played God of War's multiplayer feature but wouldn't the hack & slash style naturally fit in this kind of gameplay? They're both 3D combat style games so it probably could work.


Another Good Point there

Message 16 of 25 (788 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
371 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 14, 2016

And you know, you got me thinking that maybe Sony Santa Monica could make it like that. They got that 3D multiplayer combat experience already.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 17 of 25 (765 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 01/23/2016
Offline
36 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 14, 2016

Bam4evr wrote:

And you know, you got me thinking that maybe Sony Santa Monica could make it like that. They got that 3D multiplayer combat experience already.


I was thinking the same thing

Message 18 of 25 (756 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 12/10/2013
Offline
532 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

Dec 19, 2016

lets's have these random dudes make a sequel

Message 19 of 25 (716 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/25/2013
Online
371 posts
 

Re: Maybe a sequel should be Power Stone-style?

[ Edited ]
Jan 3, 2017

Felix-The-Ghost wrote:

lets's have these random dudes make a sequel


Even though that does look pretty good and I wouldn't mind that for a sequel, I still think it would be better off as a 3D game because that's more suitable for a PlayStation crossover game.

 photo ps_x_nintendo__super_smash_bros_all_stars_banner_by_leehatake93-d7xemvu_zps79773a33.png

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/856602_344020822380348_166790138_o.jpg
Message 20 of 25 (675 Views)
Reply
0 Likes