Oct 06 2012
By: MachoMoustachio Wastelander 565 posts

Maybe Omar is Taking Cues from Jaffe?

10 replies 313 views Edited Oct 6, 2012
Some of you might remember E3 2010, David Jaffe was asked if he was going to attend the press conference to show of a new Twisted Metal game.

And David Jaffe straight up fu_kin' lied and said no. He didn't dance around the subject or say stay tuned. Basta*d just flat-out lied.

So maybe Sony PR told Omar to lie in order to not further strain third-party relationships?
I hate Signatures because I can never tell if it's apart of their post.
Message 1 of 11 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
151 posts

Re: Maybe Omar is Taking Cues from Jaffe?

Oct 6, 2012
That and the fact that Omar did dance around the subject further adds to the suspicion.
Message 2 of 11 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 6, 2012

yeah, david jaffe did lie and said, "no, there isn't gonna be a new twisted metal game"

and boom, at e3, he surprised everyone with that trailer,

if omar did lie, for the sake of making surprises, then that would be cool...

Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 11 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5663 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I do like the way Omar answers questions. He takes a lot of care in trying to remain ambiguous and not flat out give straight answers regarding charecters and other information you'd expect him to want to keep a secret if true.

However, I'm not getting my hopes up any further. The current roster is great and I can't wait for my preordered copy to arrive.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 4 of 11 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
846 posts

Oct 6, 2012

S-o-h-a-i-l wrote:
I do like the way Omar answers questions. He takes a lot of care in trying to remain ambiguous and not flat out give straight answers regarding charecters and other information you'd expect him to want to keep a secret if true.

However, I'm not getting my hopes up any further. The current roster is great and I can't wait for my preordered copy to arrive.

I'm in the same boat as you S-o-h-a-i-l. I'll be getting the game whatever, and I'm just about ready for it to be one of my favourite games.

However, I am suspicious. I think that either there are twenty characters, but in-game there will be several secret ones, or more likely, he lied to make us disbelieve any leakers, and there will be some surprise reveals before release.

Message 5 of 11 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Oct 6, 2012

Did Omar not show up to EB Expo? 

Message 6 of 11 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2718 posts

Oct 6, 2012
Final roster is unlocked on launch

20 launch characters
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 7 of 11 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
781 posts

Oct 6, 2012

I think at this point, false hope should not be spread. We all knew this moment was coming since the tweet, even if we didn't want to believe it, and i think now we should just accept it and move on. If they did come out and say LOL JKS HERE'S THE FINAL 6 CHARACTERS of course it'd be a miracle, just try not get people to believe this, they've suffered enough dissapointment already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Official Paramedic of the PSAS Forums bunker.
Message 8 of 11 (171 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Oct 6, 2012

so are we gonna start a conspiracy theory here? Smiley Tongue

Play For Fun!
Message 9 of 11 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
722 posts

Oct 6, 2012
I don't think Omar lied about the 20 characters, but I think the DLC plans are a lot further along than what he implied. He acted as if they would look into DLC, but I think they are actually already well in the midst of it. Not like I have any solid proof, but that's my inclination.
Message 10 of 11 (133 Views)
0 Likes