Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Make the opening cinematic unskippable

Nov 5, 2012

Nick930930 wrote:

People like you that ruin video games. Nobody gives a **bleep** about the visuals and gimick animations. People want to get into a game and play as soon as possible. I for one was surprised the game could start so quickly.

If orientation is your problem, then what they SHOULD do is add a "3...2....1..GO" introduction right after the opening character animations. Have animatinos skippable like mortal kombats. I can tell you now that every intro in every fighting game ever is **bleep** annoying and repetitive. I hate developers that don't allow you to skip it. You wanna see animations? Play single player..stop being a **bleep** about it.

Some people do, in fact, care about these little details that make each character unique. It's the fan-service that keeps a game like this afloat.
Message 31 of 36 (57 Views)
Fender Bender
3716 posts

Nov 5, 2012

barker09 wrote:

Nick930930 wrote:

People like you that ruin video games. Nobody gives a **bleep** about the visuals and gimick animations. People want to get into a game and play as soon as possible. I for one was surprised the game could start so quickly.

If orientation is your problem, then what they SHOULD do is add a "3...2....1..GO" introduction right after the opening character animations. Have animatinos skippable like mortal kombats. I can tell you now that every intro in every fighting game ever is **bleep** annoying and repetitive. I hate developers that don't allow you to skip it. You wanna see animations? Play single player..stop being a **bleep** about it.

Some people do, in fact, care about these little details that make each character unique. It's the fan-service that keeps a game like this afloat.

yeah, it's the little details that make you appreciate the game more...

Play For Fun!
Message 32 of 36 (53 Views)
Wastelander
625 posts

Nov 5, 2012
They should not be skipped. I like seeing them and it gives me time to prepare what to do from where my character is standing and I like to see who I'm up against.
Message 33 of 36 (42 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

Nov 5, 2012

I think it would also help the game to connect online because it has more time for it then. So at least online unskippable intros wouldn't feel wrong.

Message 34 of 36 (35 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 5, 2012
Like someone else said, make it so that it only skips if every person unanimously presses X or START.
Message 35 of 36 (33 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 5, 2012

Make it so you can only skip your own.

I get sick of the people who just ruin the experience for everyone by spamming to fight.

Message 36 of 36 (31 Views)
0 Likes