Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 02 2012
By: Xis66 Wastelander 661 posts

Maining Characters vs. Random Select What do YOU do?

[ Edited ]
21 replies 358 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

I've seen Its a big thing for some that they have a problem with people who "main" characters. There are some people that are just going to hit the Random select slot which are you and why?

I will definitely be maining my characters.

The Why IMO:

1. I actualy don't play Street Fighter games because I don't like any of the characters. If I can't find a good rep for me in a game I rarely play it but that's me and my own issues lol.

2. For the most part I learn the ins and outs of my chars, master them and have my ultimate weapon when I get serious esp since I will be taking this game very serious and possibly be holding a monthly tourny, prizes and all.

3. I will also be attending other Tournies as well so I need to be good with some characters but Great with few or one. Its an impressive feat to be good with the whole roster but I believe in either be good with all or great with one but thats just how I work some may be more gifted than I. Plus I'm not a fan of counter picking. I may have a Char for 1v1s and another for FFAs my doubles or 2v2s will depend on who I'm with and how I feel at the time besides my clan and I have great synergy with all our mains in Smash I doubt this'll be different.

4. I have favorites.

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (358 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Re: Maining Characters vs. Random Characters What do YOU do?

Nov 2, 2012

I just play as whoever I feel like at the time. I don't see why you have to "main" a particular character. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Random ftw! But of course I'll be better with one character more than others and that'll be my "oh no, I have to win next battle" character.
Won't ever be playing one character. How boring would that not be??
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (343 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
222 posts

Nov 2, 2012
At first I will be using random just to get a feel fOr all the characters, then I will use Dante :smileyhappy:
Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/kinghuevos
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
661 posts

Nov 2, 2012

KingHuevos wrote:
At first I will be using random just to get a feel fOr all the characters, then I will use Dante :smileyhappy:

same here, I'm maining Dante for sure but I will know my enemies strengths and weaknesses so I def WIL use everyone for this purpose alone

==========================================================
Join ___Night FFAs (haven't decided on a day yet). HIgh Level FFA and 2V2 with Team AXcel. PLAY..LOSE..RAGE..PLAY..LAUGH..RESPECT, GGs. photo 54cce362-3381-425f-bf19-f430528cde96_zps7d13f457.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I will probably main 2-3 characters depending on their strenths and playstyles. 

1st Ever Black Belt (Acquired in Free For All)
1st Ever 2v2 Player to 300, 400, 500-1300 wins
1st Ever 2v2 Player to Black Belt level 300
1st Ever Free For All Player to Black Belt level 100
2nd Ever 2v2 Black Belt
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Re: Maining Characters vs. Random Select What do YOU do?

Nov 2, 2012
For local play with friends I will play as a bunch of different characters. Online I will only play as a couple.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I start with a Main, master that character until I'm tired of them, but not he game, so I switch to a new character, and so on and so forth, usually spending less and less time with each character, until eventually it just makes more sense just to pick random becuase I'm not sure who I want to play any more, my original main always remains my best character, while I'm decent with most the rest, and pretty terrible with just a few. Random is my way of keeping the game interesting after my initial months of interest have worn off and I need to mix it up keep that same level of interest. If random gives me one I never used much and am terrible with, then that just means a tougher/fresher experience for me, and if random gives me my old main it means a quick victory in the pocket to keep me interested and playing without getting bored since each game is a random character. (And maybe DLC characters to freshen the game too???)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (290 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6387 posts

Nov 2, 2012
I have mains, bit I do like to change it up. When I want to win, I pick my mains, but playing with friends and doing random offline things then I will go for random. I will try out every character before deciding on my go to characters, and the rest would jjust be there for me to play around as.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1785 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I do like to main certain characters I like and I don't stop until I succeed, but the thing is in fighting games I love to counter pick so that means I have to get good with everyone in order to do so, and I do just that, now that doesn't mean that I'll main every character in the roster, it just means I'll main like 3 or 4 characters, and everyone else I'm just decent with at least to where I can win a few good matches against good players online so I find myself picking random more than picking an indivisual character.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (261 Views)
0 Likes