Uncharted Territory
1384 posts

Re: Machinima Rundown: The Hateful Truth - not sure if posted before

Nov 27, 2012
i most of the time never agree with phil, he gave skyrim and uncharted 3 game of the year, calls games easy even though he was getting his but kicked in them, and has no pror knowledge of franchises he talks bad about, oh and he once said he would never support capcoms buissiness practices again, he bought resident evil 6, and marvel vs capcom origins, FAIL

but i do agree with his score for the game, but for different reasons, the only point i agreed on was choosing a character and ending up with another onlie.
[URL=http://s854.photobucket.com/user/princedastankeizon/media/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png.html][IMG]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab102/princedastankeizon/princeofpersiasig_zpsebd22603.png[/IMG][/URL]
prince of Persia moveset: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Prince-of-Persia-in-all-stars/m-p/38273897#M125640
Message 11 of 20 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Nov 27, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

For some horrible reason I decided to listen to this video and couldn't make it past 13 minutes. Though 1 or 2 decent points were made, he has absolutely 0 understanding of how this game works and I could get an equal opinion from any random person on the street. I pray no one listens to him because this is the poorest display of "truth" I've seen in a while.

Definitely agree...it's like he just skimmed through the game not giving a crap and decided "hey I should review this" 

he said the max combo is 4 hits....4 hits?  Really?  I can get more than that with evil cole easily and he's not even a combo type character.  

He complains about a lot of things and while I do agree with certain things, he doesn't really make much sense otherwise.  

Message 12 of 20 (187 Views)
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 27, 2012

Please tell me why you respect his opinion or agree with him. Here is just ONE of his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBrsJekD8ik&list=PLnx18oyjKi9nnBmoPfCU003RYhJG-TSIz&index=10&feature=...

• Says "Even when I'm using master strategy and I'm out playing everyone I still don't win" When he spams the sniper move for Radec
  • Calls it a non competitive game when he hasn't tried 1v1
  • Says "Oh yea a random punch in my face".. Because the player controlling the character isn't the one pressing the attack buttons
  • Says "I can't hit him no matter what, if I punch right they are left if I punch left they are right"... Because they are evading the attacks.
  • Calls another player a **bleep** for hitting him and sending him to someones super.
  • "I didn't want that" in response to Radec using a square attack when DSP wanted to Jump. Pretty sure the game doesn't screw that up.
  • "The whole game is luck" Because the other player isn't trying to dodge his super.

Then he blames the game for him being terrible at it. I'm sorry but if you want to agree with the opinion of this man child, go ahead. Just doesn't help after watching that.

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 13 of 20 (182 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 27, 2012

This guy claims the be a competitve fighting game player but has no idea how the combat system of PSA works. I mean, he complains about someone sneaking up to him and killing him with a super from behind? And he calls this cheap? I guess he just sucks at this game...

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 14 of 20 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2457 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I feel like this guy is an idiot. How does he get paid to review anything or make gameplay videos or any of that stuff. He said he used to be a competitive fighting gamer and yet he doesn't block like ever, and then he complains about the items when he just stands over them for like 20 seconds, when he could easily just have picked it up himself, watching him play this game almost made my eyes bleed.
Message 15 of 20 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
914 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I been subscribed to DSP for a while and I have to say he complained entirely too much when he was playing....he would CLEARLY get hit and then say "the game isn't letting me do anything"......because you got hit first and your in hitstun dummy. Then he says the game can't be played competitively but you only played FFA....FAIL. He thinks he was good at Super Turbo & Marvel 1 that makes him automatically good at this game no it doesn't. There are people on the superbot team wayyy more talented at fighting games than him (high level evo tournament placers) Then he said he did combo trials and 1v1 off camera on his vita.....WHY?....people gonna say the cliche "its his opinion" but when you want your opinion to be valued as a DECIDING FACTOR on whether people go out to the store and spend their hard earned money on a game, you better make sure you do your research on every game you play....thats a reviewers job.......and have all seen combo videos online for every character so about the "4 hits" thing either he's lying or couldn't do it himself-_-

meme3485470395
Message 16 of 20 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 27, 2012

I agreee and disagree with a number of things in this preview.I agree that there are a few bugs here and there but I haven experianced them enough to be like"**bleep** dude.I disagree that it is not competitive becuase sometimes I play on line and I am really good, while other times I play online and I get pwnd like a mofo because some players can do some crazy combos and moves etc.The weapons and level hazards he complains about can be turned off and even though you could why would you.They add to the competitive gameplay.If you are good enough you can avoid all combos & level hazards, weapons & items can give you a chance & help you turn the tide of battle.There are ive thought I was a gonner but was saved thanks to an item that helped me gain ap.Also, those matches where you loose and are watching 2 dudes duel it out for 15 minutes or so are epic.I enjoy watching them because it shows me that people online have skill and that I need to learn a thing or two.The combo's are somethng that smash bros doesnt have.

Message 17 of 20 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
615 posts

Nov 27, 2012

like this?

if you want to watch the 1v1 part 9:12

Message 18 of 20 (110 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1736 posts

Nov 27, 2012

GnomeWizard wrote:

sovietprince wrote:
-he lacks the knowledge of who polygon man is
- could just drop out the experience is not that big deal.
- apperntly he does not know you can turn stage hazards off and items

I do agree on there is a lot of character balance

to be honest a lot of people didn't know who the polygon man is, it's not like they said in a cutscene that he's the polygon man, I saw his name NOWHERE in the game, how is everybody just supposed to know that he was a cancelled mascot for the ps1.

Agreed. I guess SuperBot expects people to google "Purple Plastation Head" and expect them to figure it out for themselves. Not everyone was into gaming since the mid 90's, so why should everyone be expected to just know certain things?

Message 19 of 20 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
410 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Jaychance wrote:

like this?

if you want to watch the 1v1 part 9:12

yup...Those are epic sometimes....I sat and watched a raiden nariko fight for 10 minutes and was like damb I wooulda gave up...lol

Message 20 of 20 (74 Views)
0 Likes