Nov 27 2012
By: ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 Uncharted Territory 1735 posts

Machinima Rundown: The Hateful Truth - not sure if posted before

19 replies 535 views Edited Nov 27, 2012

Here is a more of a complete game rundown rather than review, with the sloagan "Maximum Truth, Minimal **bleep**". Like the title says, I'm not sure if this was posted before. He touches on alot of the points alot of the fans refuse to accept if they are told here in the forums. Anyway, Enjoy

Message 1 of 20 (535 Views)
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Re: Machinima Rundown: The Hateful Truth - not sure if posted before

Nov 27, 2012

While DSP is a person I don't mind watching on youtube every once in a while, he is an idiot.

If you watch his videos playing  PS Allstars you hear him complain numerous times such as "Game isn't letting me do anything!!" "I pressed ___!! The game is bugged!!" "He hit me and now I can't do anything!" "Look at Dante, looks like a emo f**". He also makes himself look like a huge hypocrit. "All these Dante and Kratos players press square over and over again, absolutley no skill". He then proceeds to use Radec and spam the Sniper and complains when other players get close to him.

In DSP's logic, if he is bad at a game... It's bugged, a lag fest, random etc.

ape escape. Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 2 of 20 (503 Views)
I Only Post Everything
854 posts

Nov 27, 2012

For some horrible reason I decided to listen to this video and couldn't make it past 13 minutes. Though 1 or 2 decent points were made, he has absolutely 0 understanding of how this game works and I could get an equal opinion from any random person on the street. I pray no one listens to him because this is the poorest display of "truth" I've seen in a while.

Message 3 of 20 (496 Views)
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 27, 2012

COS-117 wrote:

For some horrible reason I decided to listen to this video and couldn't make it past 13 minutes. Though 1 or 2 decent points were made, he has absolutely 0 understanding of how this game works and I could get an equal opinion from any random person on the street. I pray no one listens to him because this is the poorest display of "truth" I've seen in a while.

Believe it or not, he has a pretty good following on youtube. People back him up, even when just recently he called his fans idiots and **bleep** because they didn't like that his Girlfriend was there commentating while he was playing a game.

If you want to see how stupid he is, search "DSP Half Life Crouch Jump" No joke, he spends a long time blaming the game for not being able to jump and crouch.. when its in the tutorial in the beginning.

Message 4 of 20 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1735 posts

Nov 27, 2012

JLP_M wrote:

While DSP is a person I don't mind watching on youtube every once in a while, he is an idiot.

If you watch his videos playing  PS Allstars you hear him complain numerous times such as "Game isn't letting me do anything!!" "I pressed ___!! The game is bugged!!" "He hit me and now I can't do anything!" "Look at Dante, looks like a emo f**". He also makes himself look like a huge hypocrit. "All these Dante and Kratos players press square over and over again, absolutley no skill". He then proceeds to use Radec and spam the Sniper and complains when other players get close to him.

Just like everyone elses opinion, these are just his opinion. But since you mentioned it, isn't PSASBR a bugged, random, lag-fest with it's online component? I think his points made about the constant glitching online hits home to most, if not all, PSASBR online players

Message 5 of 20 (477 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Nov 27, 2012
I have to agree with a lot of his points except kratos and radec don't generate AP faster than other characters
Message 6 of 20 (473 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1197 posts

Nov 27, 2012
-he lacks the knowledge of who polygon man is
- could just drop out the experience is not that big deal.
- apperntly he does not know you can turn stage hazards off and items

I do agree on there is a lot of character balance
Photobucket
Message 7 of 20 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nov 27, 2012

Okay, look. I am not going say ANYTHING about his review or his points. I will ask you to do this though. Go to his channel and go to the playlists of him playing this game. Either with Radec, drake or whoever. Watch them. Watch how he plays and what he says while he plays. 

Done? Okay, now tell me. Do you REALLY think the opinion of someone who plays and views the game the way he does is even...valid? He obviously hates the game. He tries to act as if he is on a non biased all seeing stand point, but it is completely obvious that he isn't. 

The hateful truth is nothing more than the hateful bias. And I am not saying this because I refuse to accept that this game does fail in some areas. I know it does. He covered most of thos points correctly. However, he goes a little over the limit in making this game seem terrible, and non competitive when in reality, it is. Just because you don't see the competition in it, does not mean it isn't. Not to mention that this game is too young and has not found a clear identity. The fans are the ones who will define its identity. 

Kinda like what happened to smash. The game was intended completely different from what it has become. But the fans found their own way to make it competitive and figured out new techniques. i see the same thing in this game's future. Although I already think its fairly competitive, I still believe the way people play this game will evolve by the end of the coming year.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRAAAAAANCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 8 of 20 (453 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2415 posts

Nov 27, 2012

sovietprince wrote:
-he lacks the knowledge of who polygon man is
- could just drop out the experience is not that big deal.
- apperntly he does not know you can turn stage hazards off and items

I do agree on there is a lot of character balance

to be honest a lot of people didn't know who the polygon man is, it's not like they said in a cutscene that he's the polygon man, I saw his name NOWHERE in the game, how is everybody just supposed to know that he was a cancelled mascot for the ps1.

Message 9 of 20 (452 Views)
Gaming Beast
2260 posts

Nov 27, 2012

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13 wrote:

JLP_M wrote:

Just like everyone elses opinion, these are just his opinion. But since you mentioned it, isn't PSASBR a bugged, random, lag-fest with it's online component? I think his points made about the constant glitching online hits home to most, if not all, PSASBR online players

I'm sure the game has bugs but no where near as the amout of times he complains about them. Check out his videos off him playing the game... you'll see what I mean. Infact I'll go see them for you and link them.

Message 10 of 20 (438 Views)
0 Likes