Sep 17 2012
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

MOVESET: Raziel (The Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver)

8 replies 2477 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

-I personally want Raziel more than anyone else in this game ever bar none, so I decided to make a movelist. I have LoK Defiance on the PS2 right now so these are all from experience.-

Raziel

RAZIEL
"What pitiful form is this that I have come to inhabit?"

BIO
Cast aside by the kingdom he used to serve, Raziel was reborn as the Reaver of Souls by the Elder God. Sent on a misleading quest to destroy the former kingdom, he stumbles upon his true destiny as the Wraith Blade.

INTRO

Raziel would enter via his 'Material Realm Shift' and jump up from the ground as a zombie before shedding the flesh to his normal form.

MOVELIST

Raziel would be a combo-heavy close quarters who could utilize his Telekenesis to push or pull opponents.

No-Direction  = His normal 3 hit combo.

No-Direction Δ = His launcher which would go for aerials, can be used after 1st or 2nd hit of normal combo

No-Direction O = His "Telekenesis Button" which for this one would hold an opponent in place for approximately 1.5 seconds.

Air No-Direction □ = His aerial 3-hit combo that would end in a ground smash.

Air No-Direction Δ = This would be used for a single heavier ground smash and could be put in after 1st or 2nd hit of square combo

Air No-Direction O = This would be used to keep the opponent in place. It could only be used once during an air combo and only 1.5 seconds.

□ = Anti-air single jab.

↑Δ = Anti-air slash that could be extended into an air combo with the first up-square hit.

↑O = This would force an opponent upwards via the telekenesis.

Air ↑□ = This would probably be unused, but could get him to use a melee uppercut while in a jump if it had to be used.

Air ↑Δ = This would probably be unused, but may act as a single-use second air launcher.

Air ↑O = This would force an opponent upwards while in the air, can only be used once while mid-jump.

□ = This would be his 'rolling stab' move, which would be mashed a few times before one last hit.

Δ = This would be a sort of 'rolling slash' move which would go under projectiles.

→O = This would push an opponent away or towards depending on which direction is pressed.

Air □ = This would be his 'spinning slash' move where he span 5-6 times midair with a slash from the Reaver before hitting them back at the ground.

Air Δ = This would be a 'dashing slash' move that could pull him towards an opponent to do more damage.

Air →O = This would be an aerial push or pull depending on the area, and could be used as a replacement for air dashing if need be.

□ = This would be a 'sweep' move of some sort.

Δ = This would be his 'downwards smash' that reached higher up than most of his launchers, doing more damage but longer startup. Bad for mid combo.

↓O = This on the ground would be used to slam people into the ground through Telekenesis. Possible bounce.

Air □ = This would act kind of like a 'somersault slash' and would be a good cross up.

Air Δ = This would be his aerial Downwards Smash which would have the person bounce back up to where you are.

Air ↓O = This in the air would be good to end the combo immediately, and smash the person into the ground via Telekenesis.

SUPERS

Super 1 would have him attack a single person, either stabbing them with the Wraith Blade and having their ghost fly into the sword, or smash them into the ground and devour their ghost by opening his scarf.

Super 2 would have him open up his scarf; anyone around him for 2-3 seconds, possible medium sized radius, would fall to the ground. By the time it ends anyone it came in contact with falls over and their ghost is devoured.

Super 3 would have him enter the Spirit Realm. He cannot be hit whatsoever during this time, and his attacks do a 1-hit KO. Usual time frame.

MISC

I dunno what else, really.

Message 1 of 9 (2,477 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1005 posts

Re: MOVESET: Raziel (The Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver)

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

I never got around to playing the Soul Reaver games. I want to though. I'd be pretty stoked if Raziel was in.

Also, pretty unreleated, but sort of not. Someone had made a Xbox all-stars thread and one dude had Kain in his roster mock-up, and I called him on it and he was like "I didn't know who else to put in..." and I was like "**bleep**?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Omar - "what are you guys doing? Why did you get rid of crash!"
Game devs - "we wanted to put in evil Cole so we had to get rid of everyone else the fans wanted"
Omar- "Oh nice, good idea. I didn't think of that"
Message 2 of 9 (2,473 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Legacy of Kain doesn't really fit Xbox material. Yeah, Blood Omen 2, Defiance, and the weird Lara Croft cameo were on Microsoft, but that doesn't shake the fact that Blood Omen 1, Soul Reaver, and Soul Reaver 2 were largely Sony and also had Blood Omen 2, Defiance, and the cameo from Croft.

He's not that important but he sure as heck ain't backwater. He was one of the reasons I believe gaming is an art form and pretty much the gold in the infested turd waters.

The franchises of Legacy of Kain, Jet Set Radio, .hack//, Gravity Rush, and the The Longest Journey are probably my favorites. I know April Ryan (Dreamfall), Haseo or Kite (.hack//), and definitely not Beat (JSR) won't make an appearance. There's hype for Kat, and I am LOVING that. Seriously I played through that whole game and pretty much sobbed at how awesome it was.

If Raziel makes it in though, everything is awesome forever.

Message 3 of 9 (2,466 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

May 26, 2013
Man I hope they look thru the Playstation history and recognize Raziel and other characters instead of putting in more modern characters.
Message 4 of 9 (1,656 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 27, 2013

Dude, we have to try and get him in. We have to start a petition like they did for Crash & Spyro. I personally wantt him in this game more than anyone else too and I've got my friend who feels th same way.

Message 5 of 9 (1,638 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

I have my own moveset as well. I've come up with it from playing Soul Reaver 1&2 AND Legacy of Kain Defiance.

□ 3 hit combo with reaver - - - air□ 3 hit combo with reaver in air (like dante's air )

□ his multiple jabs after rolling - - - air a strong air stab (much like sir daniel's air□)

□ his upward slash with the reaver (like dante's ) - - - air□ his spinning reaver attack (like kratos air)

□ a slamming attack with his reaver - - - air slams the enemy down with his reaver (bounces enemies off ground like heihachi's air)

Δ Shoots his force ball projectile straight - - - airΔ Shoots his force ball projectile diagnally down

Δ The Water or Fire Glyph from SR1 (These would be concentrated blasts forward) - - - airΔ Same but possibly a different trajectory.

Δ The Electricity Glyph from SR1 (Being that it is electricity, I would imagine that it would be more suitable for an upward attack) - - - airΔ The same thing.

Δ The Sound or repulsion glyph from SR1 (This would be a sort of wide low-knockback attack like Kat's O.

The post below this one will be O attacks, supers, and extra abilities.

Message 6 of 9 (1,634 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
747 posts

May 27, 2013
I don't want to harsh your mellow, but Square Enix already made it clear we won't be expecting Raziel to show up.
Message 7 of 9 (1,630 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 27, 2013

O Raziel lowers his scarf and begins to draw in souls for extra ap. It would similar to Toro's neutral O.

→O Raziel will teleport similarly to Spike by quickly going from the material to spectral realm and back.

↑O From SR2, the light reaver. Change your blade to the light reaver to increase the speed of all of your □ attacks and your neutral Δ attack. The cost however would be that your attacks will give you less ap.

↓O From SR2, the dark reaver. Change your blade to the dark reaver to increase the ap gain of all of your □ attacks and your neutral Δ attack. The cost however would be that your attacks will be slower and harder to nail.

Lv1: I agree 100% with MarrowOchi's idea. It could even have added flashiness by making it look more similarly to the SR1 version.

Lv2: The sunlight glyph from SR1. This is the game's most powerful glyph. It would completely incinerate enemies all around you in SR1. I figured that it would world very similarly to Evil Cole's Lv2.

Lv3: MarrowOchi definately has the right idea here, BUT say that it's similar to Dante's Lv3... Picturing it? Ok, so instead of immobilizing all opponents at it's startup like Dante's, opponents would be free at startup becuase the spectral realm is filled with undead vampire darklings and wraiths. These creatures would also be dangerous to players as well as Raziel himself.

Special Abilities: Simply put, Raziel can hover like Ratchet or the Coles. He can scale walls so give him a wall scaling ability like Raiden and you've got Raziel my friend.

Message 8 of 9 (1,628 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

May 27, 2013

Did they? Can I see the post?

Message 9 of 9 (1,627 Views)
0 Likes