Dec 12 2012
By: DrDude101 Wastelander 721 posts

Low tier (no such thing) and setup specials

45 replies 375 views Edited Dec 12, 2012
As the tittle says there is no low tier character in this game, only low tier players. Thus why I think combo set up kills are dumb. If perhaps all characters could do a setup kill then yes it's be ok but at the current stance only a select few can. Well more like half the roster which sucks as it boosts the bad players to a good standard.

An example of this is I'm playing radec on quick match and get paired with a raiden vs raiden/Dante mix on drakes cargo map (worst map for radec). It starts with Dante and the raidens spamming square and me punching Dante or raiden every now and then until I get smacked into an ap piñata combo. My partner dies and I'm now 1v2 them. I dodge, roll, grab, and get hits off one of them while dodging the other. I kill both so we all have 1 life now. Dante has lvl 1 so does raiden. Raiden missed with his (good ol barrel roll) yet Dante catches me with his square spamming combo then kills me. I avoided these specials while they had two lives and I had one (I died two times earlier in the plane :/). It shows me that where I can skillfully avoid to set up traps and combos Dante can just hit square and r2 tot make an avoidable kill. As can raiden but he had more respect (as he did not set me up when he could have)

This must be removed as its not even fair to characters who can't set up. And I don't want to hear "Dante's low tier he needs it!" No he's not low tier and you just want easy kills good sirs. Radec can't setup kills (trust me I try with no avail) and his lvl 1 sucks in the hands of a bad player (luckily I got good with it) and can be easily avoided. So these are my reasons this game should take out set up specails
Message 1 of 46 (375 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Re: Low tier (no such thing) and setup specials

Dec 12, 2012
An unavoidable kill*
Message 2 of 46 (368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Dante's normals are extremely punishable on whiff or block. If you're aware that the player is just spamming sqaure, then just block. Not sure what to say about Raiden, I haven't messed around with him in Training Mode, yet. 

Message 3 of 46 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Dec 12, 2012

Finding a dante that can actually combo INTO his lvl one super. is Very rare, not only that, but the ability to preform that cancel itself, is astonishing, it takes extreeme precision. This isnt the Parry Cancel, this is the BOLD CANCEL, the one that has you press 3 buttons and move the stick in 3 different directions, within a second. Any one who can actually preform that deserves the right to use it. And that player could very well have been me, cause i have only met one other dante, who is able to do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 4 of 46 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 12, 2012
You mean square square square r2? You guys make it sound hard when it's not. It's combo then r2. Bam easy kill as soon as you see them drop to their knees. And do you not get I was fighting 2v1? As a radec to boot, that's impossible. A hit can and will occur. Just a matter of time.
Message 5 of 46 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

I'm starting to be of the opinion that some players are supposed to be more opportunistic with their supers, or else use higher level supers that don't need a setup. I'm not sure how my argument looks now, but I'll do some playing and thinking while I flesh it out. But in all, I'm not too mad at characters who can combo into their supers. As long as you know what their super is and how they set it up, you can avoid it pretty well while still gaining AP (for the most part)

Edit: Also, just because someone can combo into their supers, does not mean they are immune to your supers. If your main character can't combo into their level one, you better perfect how to get kills with it. I am a firm believer that player skill > tier lists. Sure they can kill you, but you should also be able to kill them. If you can't then you need to think of what YOU can do that will allow you to.

Message 6 of 46 (353 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 12, 2012

@Drdude101

haha!? no my friend there is A lot more to it! try it on practice, dante will recoil after squareX3, in order to actually combo INTO super you must do the following

Facing right:

Square

square

square

up triange

away circle

toward square (all within one second)

R2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mario kills turtles..... kratos kills gods.

looking for some art to look at! look no further!
www.noahmorrow.deviantart.com/

Message 7 of 46 (343 Views)
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 12, 2012
So your fine someone being able to get an instant for sure kill? That's incredibly unfair in stock battles and avoiding it in some cases can't be an option. This Dante caught me jumping (guess my toes can start the combo) and I just avoided the raidens special 1. I can't combo into my special so why can others get a for sure kill on me if I get caught once? It's unfair I say.
Message 8 of 46 (337 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
721 posts

Dec 12, 2012
@halfhoff
No this Dante did no such thing. I didn't go in the air or get thrown up. He hit me three times then used r2
Message 9 of 46 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2538 posts

Dec 12, 2012

I do fine in stock without comboing into level 1's. There is no time limit so it is easier to build up to a level two or three as long as you gain AP safely. Control as much space as you can while moving around so you're harder to hit. Don't just try to spam attacks or combos. It's cat and mouse in stock matches since they can last a lot longer than timed. Be patient, build AP, control space, don't get hit.

Message 10 of 46 (327 Views)
0 Likes