Jan 06 2013
By: ItsLuigiTime Uncharted Territory 1087 posts

Low-level "beasts"?

6 replies 182 views Edited Jan 6, 2013

Has anyone ever encountered players that have a low level for their character, yet are somehow really skilled at them?

Just now I had a few matches in Ranked with a Fat Princess player whose level was in the double digits (less than 100), and yet they played like a much higher-leveled Fat Princess.  She was surprisingly annoying the entire match, and my Drake could barely get a hit on her.  She managed to get a Level 3, a Level 2, AND a Level 1 all in the same match (it was the Stowaways stage, but still).

The best part?  She won-- or, she would have, if the host didn't disconnect just before time was up (I heard her victory music).

I don't think this is the first time I've experienced this, either.  I have to wonder:  how would that player do it?  Does he/she just spend tons of time as Player 2 (every other mode involves ranking up) and rarely go online?  It's crazy.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this online?

Message 1 of 7 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: Low-level "beasts"?

Jan 6, 2013
Ya. I would just say these are cases of skilled players starting new characters. I (hope) when I give up Big Daddy for Good Cole it'll be kind of like that.
Message 2 of 7 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1361 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Im secretly one of the low digit fat princess players Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Jan 6, 2013

This is definitely not an uncommon thing for me. I've experienced it about 15 times. A low level player who plays like a pro. They either do what you said, and play splitscreen or something alot. Or they could possibly be a very practiced player who did their research on the character, practiced alot, and gave it a go. For example, today I just started using FP, PaRappa, and Ratchet online after learning 3 combos that break 80 AP with Ratchet, a few good PaRappa combos, and I just started using FP for fun. I was owning. In 2v2, I played a high rank Toro and Raiden, who were getting beat by me and my partner. I was PaRappa. I basically tried to use as many combos as I knew (which weren't many). By the end, my partner got a level 3 and I got 2 level 2s. The guys said we were pathetic for going for our level 2s and 3s, Seriously, what kind of insult is that? We can get high level supers, so we're bad. Thats some backwards **bleep** logic. After that match, I used my FP and got 3 back to back RQ/disconnects because of how I was able to get my level 2 a ton of times. This game never ceases to amaze meh....

Message 4 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I'm one if the low digit Ratchet players and Good Cole user.
Message 5 of 7 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

its all about the guest bro , my favorite controller port!

and, who doesnt like a good smurf? : ) http://www.twitch.tv/mogilsumi/c/1802229    people complain of just what you said, trust me this is a good laugh haha

Check out my channel for Combo Videos and Tournament matches!
www.youtube.com/mogilsumi
Message 6 of 7 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Jan 6, 2013
Lol I always do well with Kratos, but I rarely uamse him so I don't create controversy haha
Message 7 of 7 (98 Views)
0 Likes