Feb 03 2013
By: XxJRodrigoxX Lombax Warrior 193 posts

Losing AP, this may fix all the nagging and hating

11 replies 175 views Edited Feb 3, 2013

Shouldn't there be a better way to lose AP? If you play with no items, then the only way to make someone lose AP is via throwing, which can be hard to land. You'd think there could be other ways since this is a platform fighting game. Maybe getting a full combo off on someone makes them lose AP. Think of all the characters you hate, how some plays can just do one move and go to lvl 3 in no time. All you need to do is get a good hit on them, and you at least gain some ground. Most of the time, you don't even notice they're building AP on you until you hear the announcer. It's a little ridiculous, and might make some people enjoy the game more.

Message 1 of 12 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2456 posts

Re: Losing AP, this may fix all the nagging and hating

Feb 3, 2013
Instead of how if you get a full combo on somebody THEY get ap.
Message 2 of 12 (171 Views)
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 3, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:

You know, that only happens online. I wonder if that itself is a glitch, Has anyone heard about it?

The bit of AP gain actually helps some for 1v1 balance online surpisingly, letting characters not so strong in combos have a slight edge, but I doubt it was done on purpose as it doesn't happen online.

BACK ON SUBJECT!

This seems kind of interesting. Other moves that remove AP huh? Similar to lkie what Spike does, or more along the lines of throws, where the orbs of AP fly out?

(On that note, if it's orbs of AP gotta figure out if Heihachi's Red Hands Glitch was intentional or not, because if it was this ideas must be well thought out.

Message 3 of 12 (163 Views)
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Basically Alys. I think aside from the necessary buffs, nerfs, and eternal arguments, this could help balance the game until each character is tweaked and fine tuned.
Message 4 of 12 (157 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Feb 3, 2013
Then you'd have people spamming said combos. FAIL
Message 5 of 12 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2365 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I find that this MIGHT be a problem: most of the characters complained about are because they gain AP so quickly from combos, what if this system just hurt things more by giving those characters an edge?
Message 6 of 12 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 3, 2013

You have to get hit by every move in a combo to lose the AP orbs. So, learn to block and dodge more.

Message 7 of 12 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1087 posts

Feb 3, 2013
The funny thing is, before this game came out, I'd actually thought the term "AP Burst" meant that AP orbs would actually drop out of the character if you did a long enough combo (like they would after a throw).

That needs to be a reality.
Message 8 of 12 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
193 posts

Feb 3, 2013
I thought it meant you would get double AP or something, tho that would definitely **bleep** people off.
Message 9 of 12 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Feb 3, 2013

Aylas_Hero wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

You know, that only happens online. I wonder if that itself is a glitch, Has anyone heard about it?

The bit of AP gain actually helps some for 1v1 balance online surpisingly, letting characters not so strong in combos have a slight edge, but I doubt it was done on purpose as it doesn't happen online.

BACK ON SUBJECT!

This seems kind of interesting. Other moves that remove AP huh? Similar to lkie what Spike does, or more along the lines of throws, where the orbs of AP fly out?

(On that note, if it's orbs of AP gotta figure out if Heihachi's Red Hands Glitch was intentional or not, because if it was this ideas must be well thought out.

I beg to differ. Against characters who go for level 2s and 3s, I tend to modify my combos to do about 95 and lead into a reset. For example with BD I just oinly let half of the up triangle hits land at the end of a combo, and as GC I fire the up triangle next to them, then redirect it to follow their air tech. Not AP bursting really doesn't hurt me unless I'm on auto-pilot.

That being said, making AP orbs fall out for completing combos would seriously **bleep** up balance. BD's main attribute is tech chasing, mostly with throws. One of my main strengths when playing him is that I can make any opponent lose a LOT of meter off of any stray knockdown.

Now if you were to implement this AP burst drains meter system, then BD becomes literally worthless. On top of that, my other main, GC, who can burst off of **bleep** near any hit anywhere on the screen will become broken as hell.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 10 of 12 (86 Views)
0 Likes