Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Re: Lose XP for 3rd and 4th Place... Really Superbot!!!

Dec 6, 2012

MerciIess wrote:
I'll just leave this here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueSkill

well it says only x-box can use that algorithm but I suppose that sony has something similiar as well. Also I do believe the severity should be cut sightly for losses maybe 5-8 instead of ten for second or third and the 10 for fourth. in 2v2 the ten makes sense because you either win or lose thats it

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 21 of 27 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I also lose BP consitently for placing in second as well. I tracked my progress over 6 hours created a thread about it, haven't played ranked since: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Belt-Experience-Woes/m-p/3894240...

Message 22 of 27 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 6, 2012

I wonder what the new patch is gonna do about fixing matches so it lines up those on similar skill levels against each other. Weird sentence, but yeah.

But in response to this topic, I also must say "Really Superbot? Lose XP for 3 & 4th place"?

I think Second place should lose XP as well. :smileywink:

Message 23 of 27 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
335 posts

Dec 6, 2012

If second place does loose experiance it should be commensorate. For example, first place you win 8, second place you lose 2, third you lose 5, 4th you lose 10. Currently it's more like first place I win 3, second place I lose 3, third place I lose 8, 4th place I lose 15.  I finish in first for 76% of my games but still rank down, it's rediculous.

In terms of the odds (4 player ffa, so 1 in 4) I think that gaining experiance for coming in first and second place is fair, and third and fourth place lose experiance. The experiance gain for being second should be small, but I don't think finishing in the top 2 should penalize you by making you lose experiance. You still beat half the people in the match. Just my thought.

Message 24 of 27 (66 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Dec 6, 2012

chunky_shtew wrote:

If second place does loose experiance it should be commensorate. For example, first place you win 8, second place you lose 2, third you lose 5, 4th you lose 10. Currently it's more like first place I win 3, second place I lose 3, third place I lose 8, 4th place I lose 15.  I finish in first for 76% of my games but still rank down, it's rediculous.

In terms of the odds (4 player ffa, so 1 in 4) I think that gaining experiance for coming in first and second place is fair, and third and fourth place lose experiance. The experiance gain for being second should be small, but I don't think finishing in the top 2 should penalize you by making you lose experiance. You still beat half the people in the match. Just my thought.

The higher your belt will determine what place you get points. I'm in puruple, I loose points for coming in 2nd or below

Message 25 of 27 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
417 posts

Dec 7, 2012

I will say they should tone down maybe how much you lose cause I made 2nd and lost 11 belt points

Photobucket
Message 26 of 27 (44 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Dec 7, 2012
Exactly losing XP is retarded. It shouldn't happen. Since everybody spams in this game. True Skill I don't think so when people spam Jak,Ratchet,Sackboy,Radec and Kratos just to get there Lv 3. All these characters need Nerfs. Radec needs a cool down on his Laser,Kratos needs a serious Nerf with his AP Gain,Ratchet and Jak need AP reduced cause people just spam there Guns and sit in the corner. It's so stupid that 1st Patch only deals with Sackboy. The Patch won't address people re spawning in a Bubble. We shouldn't be in a Bubble after we die from his Lv 3. No other character had Respawn issues like Sackboy. Patch needs to fix Spawning that takes 50 sec sometimes. Invisable players need patch.
Message 27 of 27 (39 Views)
0 Likes