Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/18/2012
Offline
1273 posts
 

Re: Loops

Dec 5, 2012

Drake loops are annoying >_<  Over and over again. I need to find a way to avoid that, since I get frustrated.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 31 of 50 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 05/17/2010
Offline
393 posts
 

Re: Loops

Dec 6, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

OrangeFeffy wrote:
so basically the people that are pro loops use "its not really infinite" as a defense.

lets forget its probably a gltich (or at least not intentional by sb), can trap people into this without escape, and will almost guaranteed a lvl 1.

infinite prevention system imo was placed for 2v2 because you can get stuck into some crazy stuff, not one players loop. if this was intended by SB where are the other characters loops? loops are not the same as combos, youre a fool if you are trying to argue otherwise.

What combos can you escape from? This argument keeps coming up over and over again. "can trap people into this without escape." There are no combos you can escape from, and loops are no different. Loops eventually end like any combo. A loop is a a type of combo.

 

I can do 145-155 combos with Parappa just as easily as I can do 150 AP combos with Dante. What difference does it make "how" I do it?

 

By the logic of "if this was intended by SB where are the other characters loops?" then that means projectiles are glitches too. Where is Raiden's projectiles? Different characters are different. When you have a character like Dante whos attacks are so incredibly unsafe, what do you get for it in return? Gun attacks that build 1 AP and generate zero stun?

 

For the record I'm defending Dante's loop, and not Drake's loop. They can remove Drake's loop for all I care. Drake's loop makes him overpowered, while Dante's loop makes him viable.

 

To everyone who thinks Dante's loop is overpowered, I issue you this challenge: Go into training mode and choose Dante. Press the square button any number of times (between 1 and 4 times) then hold block. Now come back and tell us how long it takes for Dante to go into his block animation. Until you accept this challenge and see this, your argument has no validation if you are unwilling to see my side of the argument. If you accept this challenge and still think Dante would be balanced without the loop, I'll withdraw everything I said on this thread. The challenge is for anyone to accept if you truly believe what you are saying.


you will argue this to the death so i dont see the point in trying. 

 

there are lots of combos duing certain frames you can get out of. loops are FORCED to end, most legitimate combos in this game just naturally end. if the ap prevention system wasnt in place then these loops would last forever, UNLIKE COMBOS.

 

if i make 100 dollars who cares "how" i get it, doesnt matter if its legal or not by youre example. im not getting mad at people with viable skills, but when you come across a "trick" with the same outcome its absurd. 

 

like i said, if it was INTENDED, meaning raiden was INTENDED to not have projectiles. i have said before i dont think SB added these loops on purpose. dante has crazy combos, decent speed,  decent supers, and his attacks go behind him in a good amount of cases. without a loop i dont see a problem with him other than if he whiffs hes open, which is kind of the point of a whiff.

 

i can not believe you actually say dantes loop is ok but not drakes, its the same thing just a different character.

 

youre last bolded statement is completely irrelevant to my point. 

 

 

Message 32 of 50 (114 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Loops

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

That is because your points are completely irrelevant.

 

Most of the things you said about Dante are pretty much just wrong. Dante has decent speed? His attacks have insane recovery, so that is inaccurate. He has decent supers? They are worthless outside of combos and are tied for the most expensive in the game. Dantes attacks go behind him most of the time? Dante is the only combo focused character that can't turn around mid attack and he has one attack that hits behind him. Most = one?

 

Like I said, go ahead and remove it because the "masses" demand it. As I've said before, all the people complaining about this will never be in the top 100 on the leader boards while I am currently in the top 20 for the 2vs2 ranked leaderboards. The people complaining have no understanding of what is actually going on with the combo and just cry nerf as a typical knee jerk reaction. Ignorance is a choice. I should also mention I got to the top 20 with Sweet Tooth so don't even bother pointing out I made it to the top because of something "abuseable."

Message 33 of 50 (101 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Loops

Dec 6, 2012
@BomB-RideR-14 not here to argue for or against the loop since I could give a **bleep** less about it. I have to ask though why do you mention that your in the top 20? What do want a prize? Does that even have to do with what you guys are arguing about? All that tells people is you have way more time to play a video game than them.
Message 34 of 50 (96 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Loops

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
@BomB-RideR-14 not here to argue for or against the loop since I could give a **bleep** less about it. I have to ask though why do you mention that your in the top 20? What do want a prize? Does that even have to do with what you guys are arguing about? All that tells people is you have way more time to play a video game than them.

Fair enough...but I'm just saying that most of the people complaining about this are only complaining because they don't know how to deal with it. Same thing happened in MK9 with Kano. Scrubs complained about him and he got nerfed. Now he's bottom five. The people that are just "not good" at this game shouldn't even have their opinion considered but they will anyways because they make up the "majority" of the game. Dante is in no way, shape or form overpowered...but because the majority can't deal with him we are going to have him nerfed.

 

For the record I got into top 20 within a day so it doesn't even take that much time even though I know you don't care about that. Honestly, I don't like bragging about something like this but I'm just using it as a point that the people complaining aren't that good at this game. They only look at things from a narrowminded perspective (they compare it to what their character can and cannot do rather than looking at the game at a whole). They purely look at what Dante can do (these loops) but they are too ignorant and narrowminded to see what Dante can't do. Dante's extreme strengths match his extreme weaknesses. The people that fail to see this are just bad. Flat out.

Message 35 of 50 (92 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 07/28/2012
Offline
1622 posts
 

Re: Loops

Dec 6, 2012
Ok look the time thing was not really meant to be an insult I'm just saying is all. With my school having 2 full days of school and 2 night classes and then HW I don't ever get a full day to play a game and ill be honest I have wanted one of those days.
Message 36 of 50 (82 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Loops

Dec 6, 2012

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok look the time thing was not really meant to be an insult I'm just saying is all. With my school having 2 full days of school and 2 night classes and then HW I don't ever get a full day to play a game and ill be honest I have wanted one of those days.

I'll stop using it as an argument though. Like I said, I don't like bragging about it but I just wanted to prove a point. I do see what you are saying though. For the record, I don't believe the ranked matches are a true representation of skill.

Message 37 of 50 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/26/2012
Offline
298 posts
 

Re: Loops

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok look the time thing was not really meant to be an insult I'm just saying is all. With my school having 2 full days of school and 2 night classes and then HW I don't ever get a full day to play a game and ill be honest I have wanted one of those days.

I'll stop using it as an argument though. Like I said, I don't like bragging about it but I just wanted to prove a point. I do see what you are saying though. For the record, I don't believe the ranked matches are a true representation of skill.


Perhaps you should use the argument sometimes, especially when people believe that spamming is a must to get to the top and that there's no way to beat it. I am not experienced enough to judge things such as discussed here and I rather believe the top 20 player than some random guy claiming to be good.

The Jak Archives:
http://allstararena.com/threads/the-jak-archives.449/
Message 38 of 50 (70 Views)
Wastelander
Registered: 09/27/2012
Offline
561 posts
 

Re: Loops

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

DarkErazor wrote:

BomB-RideR-14 wrote:

TwistedAvenger wrote:
Ok look the time thing was not really meant to be an insult I'm just saying is all. With my school having 2 full days of school and 2 night classes and then HW I don't ever get a full day to play a game and ill be honest I have wanted one of those days.

I'll stop using it as an argument though. Like I said, I don't like bragging about it but I just wanted to prove a point. I do see what you are saying though. For the record, I don't believe the ranked matches are a true representation of skill.


Perhaps you should use the argument sometimes, especially when people believe that spamming is a must to get to the top and that there's no way to beat it. I am not experienced enough to judge things such as discussed here and I rather believe the top 20 player than some random guy claiming to be good.



Yea, I see what you are saying. Good fundamentals are better than spamming though, so you are right not to believe those other people. Unfortunately, I think in the long run of things Superbot is going to listen to the majority. I can see it from their point of view though...that is where the money is afterall. I suppose the rest of us just needs to adapt to what the majority thinks is fair. These type of topics are going to end up being everywhere so I'm not going to be able to argue everything that is said here. Luckily they didn't nerf Radec from the beta despite EVERYONE complaining about him. Eventually people learned how to block, dodge and jump. It really is the same thing with Dante here, people just don't realise it yet. Radec ended up not being too great either. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Message 39 of 50 (56 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/05/2010
Offline
17 posts
 

Re: Loops

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

Wow this thread is sad. Have none of you people ever played a fighter? Loops are not cheap and they sure as hell are not cheap in this game. Almost every character in the game has some sort of way to get level 1 off of a single hit. I really hope SuperBot goes to the people placing at PSAS tournaments and Shoryuken and not to there own forums for balance because if they do come here for balance later on this game will be so broken it will be unplayable. Dante is only good because of his Empty Bold Cancelling atm and has combos that get him 191 AP and Combo into his level 1 or 2. Who cares if a Drake loops you? His level 1 is trash and you can get away from his level 2 if you know it is coming. Honestly some of you people are showing how bad you are at this game. Give it a month or 2 when people learn new tech and the people complaining about how loops are so "unfair", "broken" or "unbalanced" will come back talking about the game being unplayble. Also to the people losing to this stuff, you lost because you got outplayed and/ or don't know your character well enough. The Infinite Prevention System usually breaks the combo or loop before you or the other player hits 200 AP so you have more then enough chances to win.

Message 40 of 50 (49 Views)