Nov 23 2012
By: MarrowOchi Fender Bender 2516 posts

Looking into the game code...

6 replies 221 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

Well not exactly game code itself. Heck yes misleading title! But I did realize something quite interesting.

You know those 'pages' of stages? On the PS Vita version, the Stage Screen has exactly 15 stages on the first stage, and 7 on the second. (including random icons).

Right now there are exactly 8 stage slots on the second page. Open, sitting there, like something is supposed to fill it in.

However on the PS3 version, there is no random select on Page 2. In fact this brings it up to 9 stages.

TL;DR speaking, they have 8 open stage slots until a Page 3 on the Vita, and 9 open stage slots until a Page 3 on the PS3.

So I sat down and thought about it again. What if the character select screen, has a Page 2? What if there is another 20 characters that they're making? Its unheard of, right? But where are they going to put Kat and Emmett? They can't exactly put them on the sides, that'd be kind of weird proportionally. What if in the star section, it brings up and L1 or R1 to show that there are additional character pages?

Unbeknownst to the community there is usually a DLC limit to how much you can actually put into the game before it becomes full (See Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3). What they did here though is astounding; they're implying that there is 'no' downloadable content limit. Which for a fighting game is quite impressive.

Message 1 of 7 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1329 posts

Re: Looking into the game code...

Nov 23, 2012
So while you're trying to select a character I'll be skipping to another "page" with fighters, to keep you from getting to your fighter? xD
Party trolling ftw.
There's plenty of space on the sides of the characters right now. They'll just make the star pictures smaller and that's that.
They've thought ahead on this one, don't worry.
Message 2 of 7 (186 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Nov 23, 2012
There is enough room for them to add up to 16 characters on the side without changing the character select screen at all. Don't overthink it
Message 3 of 7 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2388 posts

Nov 23, 2012
I find it kind of funny that they made an entirely separate page for Sir Dan`s minion.
Message 4 of 7 (149 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Nov 23, 2012
This is just blind speculation. The two pictures on either side of the characters will either vanish or shrink.
Message 5 of 7 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Nov 23, 2012

boboMELOSHE wrote:
I find it kind of funny that they made an entirely separate page for Sir Dan`s minion.

don't worry kiya will soonj have kat and emmetts minions on that page to

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 6 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2516 posts

Nov 23, 2012

HighFlyer_15 wrote:
So while you're trying to select a character I'll be skipping to another "page" with fighters, to keep you from getting to your fighter? xD
Party trolling ftw.
There's plenty of space on the sides of the characters right now. They'll just make the star pictures smaller and that's that.
They've thought ahead on this one, don't worry.

Didn't think of that one actually. Huh.

Ah well.

Message 7 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes