Nov 02 2012
By: Subtenko Fender Bender 4226 posts

Lobbys vs Match making

8 replies 118 views Edited Nov 2, 2012

Do you prefer one for this game or does it not matter to you? For me, I guess at the games current state I'm fine with match making. It would be cconveinet to have lobbys though. Maybe they've said there will be lobbys and I havent seen the statement yet. Anyone have any info on this?

http://www.playstation4dreams.com

http://www.youtube.com/SubtenkoGaming
http://www.facebook.com/Subtenko

Best gaming moments with people like you everyday! Gta V Online, H1Z1, The Forest, & More.

Steam: Subtenko
Message 1 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Re: Lobbys vs Match making

Nov 2, 2012

Subtenko wrote:

Do you prefer one for this game or does it not matter to you? For me, I guess at the games current state I'm fine with match making. It would be cconveinet to have lobbys though. Maybe they've said there will be lobbys and I havent seen the statement yet. Anyone have any info on this?

I want a lobby to mute other players before the match.

Message 2 of 9 (116 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6400 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Lobbies
Message 3 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I think lobbies would be better just so that I could mute people (some people on the beta deliberately try to annoy you; I've already run into 3 people who just kept blowing into the Vita mic for the whole match).

Plus it'll be useful for me to know which fighter my opponent is choosing. For example, if my opponent is Raiden, I definitely don't want to choose Radec.

Message 4 of 9 (99 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Nov 2, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I think lobbies would be better just so that I could mute people (some people on the beta deliberately try to annoy you; I've already run into 3 people who just kept blowing into the Vita mic for the whole match).

Plus it'll be useful for me to know which fighter my opponent is choosing. For example, if my opponent is Raiden, I definitely don't want to choose Radec.

I think if there will be lobbies,you will enter a random lobby with the character you previously selected,and you cant quit from the lobby,because you get a penalty if you do that.That would be the most fair way of lobbies!

Message 5 of 9 (88 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 2, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

I personally think it's not to know who other a picking. I don't want to be counter-picked and stuff, and have opponents switch character because they got a bad match-up otherwise.

Message 6 of 9 (84 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14612 posts

Nov 2, 2012

IceColdKilla44 wrote:

Hell no. This is the worst method. Allowing the players with the advantage know-how to be able to whip the new players is not okay. Learn to beat Raiden with Radec. Problem solved.

There is no reason for there to be lobbies other than muting and playing with friends. Choosing based on the other players' choice is incredibly unfair. Not knowing allows for there to be an air of mystery and for everyone to begin on a more even footing

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 9 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
677 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Lobbies
Message 8 of 9 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Nov 2, 2012

I Think Tournament mode is the name for lobbies in this game

My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 9 of 9 (62 Views)
0 Likes