Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6995 posts

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
One problem: a game with 20 characters and 40 stages would make me question why they decided to put so much time into such interactive stages when they could've made more characters with that same time. They're not mutually exclusive things; less of one does not mean we need more of the other. If you were talking about more content like items, unlockables and such, I could, and would, agree. However, considering the large amount of time that's obviously put into each stage as-is, asking for that many more stages would really force SuperBot to take time out of development of characters.

Thats why its called DLC and a team. You work as a team and my addition was for DLC. And what you forgot is that some characters have already been declined so theres not many left to add. And actually when you look at fighting games some have more maps then chars and some have more chars them maps. Its called DLC for a reason... If chars are the only thing we get as DLC then thats not really appealing..

So when you think about it, once they reached their limit for chars then their focus should be on additions like Maps and maybe some items. It would be stupid to not add more maps once all chars they tried to add were done..

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 11 of 29 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 10, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
One problem: a game with 20 characters and 40 stages would make me question why they decided to put so much time into such interactive stages when they could've made more characters with that same time. They're not mutually exclusive things; less of one does not mean we need more of the other. If you were talking about more content like items, unlockables and such, I could, and would, agree. However, considering the large amount of time that's obviously put into each stage as-is, asking for that many more stages would really force SuperBot to take time out of development of characters.

Thats why its called DLC and a team. You work as a team and my addition was for DLC. And what you forgot is that some characters have already been declined so theres not many left to add. And actually when you look at fighting games some have more maps then chars and some have more chars them maps. Its called DLC for a reason... If chars are the only thing we get as DLC then thats not really appealing..

Not that many left?  I can list at least eight first party reps alone.  A game like this should have more characters than maps, since each map is effectively two representations, at least.  We already have 20 games represented in characters and about 20 represented in stages, and we have a few stages unrevealed.  If these were Smash stages, where it's one simple map, then I'd agree that this game needs more stages than characters, but it's not.  Not to mention more stages doesn't mean more good ones.  I already like all but one stage in this game (Locoroco pending), whereas I only liked 5 or so out of the Bral stages.  I'm not disagreeing with adding stages as DLC (to the contrary, actually, as I'm for it), I'm just against the extent to which it seems you want them added.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "It's called DLC for a reason," considering the term has nothing to do with the balance of characters to maps.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 12 of 29 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6995 posts

Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Not that many left?  I can list at least eight first party reps alone.  A game like this should have more characters than maps, since each map is effectively two representations, at least.  We already have 20 games represented in characters and about 20 represented in stages, and we have a few stages unrevealed.  If these were Smash stages, where it's one simple map, then I'd agree that this game needs more stages than characters, but it's not.  Not to mention more stages doesn't mean more good ones.  I already like all but one stage in this game (Locoroco pending), whereas I only liked 5 or so out of the Bral stages.  I'm not disagreeing with adding stages as DLC (to the contrary, actually, as I'm for it), I'm just against the extent to which it seems you want them added.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "It's called DLC for a reason," considering the term has nothing to do with the balance of characters to maps.

-_- Well it would make sense for more maps to be one stage. They dont have to follow the steps of  2 in 1 map. When DLC comes out they can go to the original way fighting game maps are and make 1 stage just 1 stage. And this character thing is invalid. You can name them but SB are not going with just every popular char you know from Sony. Like I said im sure they already tried to get other chars but it didnt happen because that company didnt want their char in a game like PSASBR. Every popular Sony char doesnt make them a rep anyway. It can be consider as an opinion on who you think the best reps are.. When you look at the stages.. it just doesnt seem like enough...

Only time will tell.
Message 13 of 29 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6995 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

This is all about DLC and the character. Each character should get a 2nd map as DLC! SO that your not entitled to it. It would be stupid for this game to start off with 40 maps. So my theory is each char should get a 2nd map over time while new characters are getting added.

Because you ppl seem to think one will affect the other. Their multiple teams in game designing the map team could work on maps and the char team could work on char so nothing is interfearing...

Only time will tell.
Message 14 of 29 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Oct 10, 2012

This game is kind of all about stage mashups, they wouldnt change that. and im sure popular characters have a better chance of being in, especially if they are first party.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 15 of 29 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6995 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

zeothedeathgod wrote:

This game is kind of all about stage mashups, they wouldnt change that. and im sure popular characters have a better chance of being in, especially if they are first party.

That doesnt mean they are entitled to that. All companies dont apply to that same method... Like I said maps as DLC dont have to be mash ups. 

Only time will tell.
Message 16 of 29 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 10, 2012
but they do affect the other. It's a 50 man team, with likely only a handful of artists and programmers. It takes most of those people to program characters to get each move to work correctly, and it takes the rest to program the stage hazards to get them to work. It's pretty difficult to split a small team up just to get one part to work on something harder and the other to work on something slightly easier, when they could just work as a whole to get everything done faster anyway. It's not as simple as a character team and a map team, because you're moving resources one way or another, and it's going to slow one of them down.
ecdf9e46
Message 17 of 29 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6995 posts

Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
but they do affect the other. It's a 50 man team, with likely only a handful of artists and programmers. It takes most of those people to program characters to get each move to work correctly, and it takes the rest to program the stage hazards to get them to work. It's pretty difficult to split a small team up just to get one part to work on something harder and the other to work on something slightly easier, when they could just work as a whole to get everything done faster anyway. It's not as simple as a character team and a map team, because you're moving resources one way or another, and it's going to slow one of them down.

Thats how a team works dude. Thats why some have different fields. Lead game designer, combat game designers and etc... All companies dont work together in everything, theres reasons why fields exist..

Only time will tell.
Message 18 of 29 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 10, 2012
Yes, and by splitting up a small team just to make more stages in the mean time while developing more characters, when stages seem to take just as long as characters if not longer to make, based on the amount we have of each, you're effectively stalling EVERYTHING and slowing it all down just to add extra stages.
ecdf9e46
Message 19 of 29 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6995 posts

Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Yes, and by splitting up a small team just to make more stages in the mean time while developing more characters, when stages seem to take just as long as characters if not longer to make, based on the amount we have of each, you're effectively stalling EVERYTHING and slowing it all down just to add extra stages.

What point of DLC dont you understand... DLC takes time period.. Their team is already split just like every company is. No companies work together in every single field. You have the team that specials in maps make maps and the team that specials in chars make chars so there isnt to much pressure and etc. Obiously a map and chars cant get done in the same exact time. So when DLC is available they dont have to publish it until the other is done. For instance if they finish a new map first as DLC then they dont have to publish it until a new char is done so its even...

Only time will tell.
Message 20 of 29 (46 Views)
0 Likes