Oct 10 2012
By: BlueDiamond93 Treasure Hunter 7051 posts

Limited Characters should = More Content.

28 replies 359 views Edited Oct 10, 2012

Ok so the point of this topic is that my theory is, with less in game(overall)content should come more additions/dlc. For instance since we have 20 characters instead of 30 or more then we should have more of something else to even out the fields. This may be hard to understand but Ill use an example. Since we only have 20 characters then to make it balance and fair we should have 2 maps per character. Now if we had 30 characters then the (original)maps would be about fine. So basically since we have a limited selection of characters more maps would fill in for the lack of selected characters thus evening out the game and disappointments.

My 2nd point would be since SB decided to do the combination of characters movesets and gameplay from all their previous game(& future), that we should get 2 maps. For example, ppl familar with the J&D overall series knows that the Jak design in this game was taken from Jak 3... so seeing him playing on Sandover village(which is from Jak 1)isn't really the best level to represent him because in Jak 3 that level doesnt exist anymore at all. So a 2nd map in his favor should be Haven City or Spargus City which would be the map that his future games actually had thus representing his present form(in PSASBR) taken from the game Jak 3. When you apply this to a series you know you'll understand.

So for point 2. 1st map should be a map the game series orginated on like Sandover Village in Jak 1 and the 2nd map being the map the character lastest game was on or was taken from(like Spargus City or Haven City in present Jak case).

photo 1-Xzveb9U_zpsedcf7d52.png
Only time will tell.
Message 1 of 29 (359 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6850 posts

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012

2 maps per character? please tell me you are joking.

http://xat.com/the_brotherhood_of_gaming

Message 2 of 29 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Probably perfer 1 map and 1 mash-up per franchise like how some stages are right now.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 3 of 29 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

Did you guys not read what I said? Your not thinking about it. Some of these maps dont represent the char form from that game they was taken from. With their being 20 characters it is not an overatted idea at all. Like I said if we had 30 chars then it would be. Can you seriously say 1 map is enough to represent a char especially in a game like this.

I will say SSBB and other fighting games in my defense.

Only time will tell.
Message 4 of 29 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Well some levels are from some franchise's first game, if we add more based on which game is from, then some will probably have more than the others.

Ape Escape- Time Station, and a million monkeys based stage 

Jak and Daxter- Sandover Village, a Jak 3 based stage

God of war- Hades, Hydra, another God of war stage

Rachet and Clank- Metropolis, and a Future series stage

Infamous- Aldens Tower, Infamous 2 stage

you mean like that?

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Message 5 of 29 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

n0rmal94 wrote:

Well some levels are from some franchise's first game, if we add more based on which game is from, then some will probably have more than the others.

Ape Escape- Time Station, and a million monkeys based stage 

Jak and Daxter- Sandover Village, a Jak 3 based stage

God of war- Hades, Hydra, another God of war stage

Rachet and Clank- Metropolis, and a Future series stage

Infamous- Aldens Tower, Infamous 2 stage

you mean like that?

Yea sorta like that. A level from where they orginated and a level that their PSASBR form was taken from. I used Jak is an example so it should be really easy to understand... Like I said in Jak 3 case Sandover Village is not a level he's known for so to counter that and make it equal, add in his level from his game. But also like I said. I know some chars have more levels then others, thats why I said only 2 per character.

Only time will tell.
Message 6 of 29 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

I understand what SB was trying to do with these characters with combinations and stuff, but since they decided to use certain forms of characters... they should have took that level from that game they got their character from, because PSASBR Jak never played in sandover village or went their at all in his game. Im using a char im familar with to make a point out of it.

Only time will tell.
Message 7 of 29 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Oct 10, 2012

Wow.  This thread makes no sense.  Who cares if the stages aren't from the exact game the character design was taken from.  At least we get a stage from their franchise.  And most franchises have a mash-up in another stage as well.  Just be thankful with what we've got, I'm getting so tired of people asking for changes...  No offense, OP Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 29 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7051 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

musicfreaklam wrote:

Wow.  This thread makes no sense.  Who cares if the stages aren't from the exact game the character design was taken from.  At least we get a stage from their franchise.  And most franchises have a mash-up in another stage as well.  Just be thankful with what we've got, I'm getting so tired of people asking for changes...  No offense, OP Smiley Wink

Well it seems someone is closeminded and misunderstood. You make no sense. It makes perfect sense. For the type of fighting game this is, this was a great idea. My idea came from SB perspective of their game. You just lack understanding. For the way SB are designing the game ppl will get the wrong idea if a char is playing on a level they never played on in their form on their game. I am thankful for what we have, it was an addition and idea. Changes and additions or 2 different things... So before you come raging off some previous threads you been to, read what I said carefully and respond with at least an open mind.

Only time will tell.
Message 9 of 29 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Oct 10, 2012
One problem: a game with 20 characters and 40 stages would make me question why they decided to put so much time into such interactive stages when they could've made more characters with that same time. They're not mutually exclusive things; less of one does not mean we need more of the other. If you were talking about more content like items, unlockables and such, I could, and would, agree. However, considering the large amount of time that's obviously put into each stage as-is, asking for that many more stages would really force SuperBot to take time out of development of characters.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 10 of 29 (205 Views)