Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Yes, and by splitting up a small team just to make more stages in the mean time while developing more characters, when stages seem to take just as long as characters if not longer to make, based on the amount we have of each, you're effectively stalling EVERYTHING and slowing it all down just to add extra stages.

 

What point of DLC dont you understand... DLC takes time period.. Their team is already split just like every company is. No companies work together in every single field. You have the team that specials in maps make maps and the team that specials in chars make chars so there isnt to much pressure and etc. Obiously a map and chars cant get done in the same exact time. So when DLC is available they dont have to publish it until the other is done. For instance if they finish a new map first as DLC then they dont have to publish it until a new char is done so its even...


I understand every point of DLC.  However, from what you've been saying, in the mean time between characters you'd like to have stages to be made.  By putting extra effort into having sufficient amounts of stages between character releases, you'd be splitting a team up disproportionately and causing one to automatically take an extra amount of time because of the lack of help on one end.

 

It'd be much simpler for them to do it in set chunks as opposed to the "release it as soon as you're done" mentality.  2 characters and one stage, which would get done quickly and allow more to be made, and more quickly as a whole than having the characters and stages released at separate times (because this way, the programmers could move from the stages to the characters if they finish first, rather than move onto another stage).

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 29 (76 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Online
6521 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Yes, and by splitting up a small team just to make more stages in the mean time while developing more characters, when stages seem to take just as long as characters if not longer to make, based on the amount we have of each, you're effectively stalling EVERYTHING and slowing it all down just to add extra stages.

 

What point of DLC dont you understand... DLC takes time period.. Their team is already split just like every company is. No companies work together in every single field. You have the team that specials in maps make maps and the team that specials in chars make chars so there isnt to much pressure and etc. Obiously a map and chars cant get done in the same exact time. So when DLC is available they dont have to publish it until the other is done. For instance if they finish a new map first as DLC then they dont have to publish it until a new char is done so its even...


I understand every point of DLC.  However, from what you've been saying, in the mean time between characters you'd like to have stages to be made.  By putting extra effort into having sufficient amounts of stages between character releases, you'd be splitting a team up disproportionately and causing one to automatically take an extra amount of time because of the lack of help on one end.

 

It'd be much simpler for them to do it in set chunks as opposed to the "release it as soon as you're done" mentality.  2 characters and one stage, which would get done quickly and allow more to be made, and more quickly as a whole than having the characters and stages released at separate times (because this way, the programmers could move from the stages to the characters if they finish first, rather than move onto another stage).


 

In SB case 2 characters will take a little more time then 1 stage. Since their goal is to master a character to their game as much as possible that right there takes time. A stage isntt hat complex compared to a char. They have to implement the right moves, speed, and so much other things while a map doesnt have to be as precise so for all we know a map could be easier then a char in their case. 

 

It makes more sense for there to be 1 new map as dlc and 1 new char as dlc at a time. I honestly lost interest in this post because I thought about something else I forgot to mention. I dont care anymore how its actually done.. my point is just we get 1 new map per char in the way SB chooses possible...

 photo 2-ryZavXX_zpse767acbf.png
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 29 (69 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012
Except there's 14 known stages to 20 known characters. That seems to hint that, in a vacuum, it takes about 70% of the time of two characters to make one stage. And that would be including all of the extras for the characters, too. So the method you'd be trying to go for wouldn't end up being all that effective in comparison. It may just bog them down in the end.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 29 (64 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Online
6521 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

[ Edited ]
Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Except there's 14 known stages to 20 known characters. That seems to hint that, in a vacuum, it takes about 70% of the time of two characters to make one stage. And that would be including all of the extras for the characters, too. So the method you'd be trying to go for wouldn't end up being all that effective in comparison. It may just bog them down in the end.

 

My method wouldnt bog them down at all. Your not getting the fact that some chars have already been turned down and only some are left and that there most content option for DLC is weapons and maps. Your method would bog them down. To put it simple their are plenty of levels they can make left but not characters because they dont have control of that. With us seeing 20 chars now, what does that tell you. Omar even said they tried to get other chars but some didnt want their char in the game so your char point stands short because Maps can continue but chars cant.  

 photo 2-ryZavXX_zpse767acbf.png
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 29 (59 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Except there's 14 known stages to 20 known characters. That seems to hint that, in a vacuum, it takes about 70% of the time of two characters to make one stage. And that would be including all of the extras for the characters, too. So the method you'd be trying to go for wouldn't end up being all that effective in comparison. It may just bog them down in the end.

 

My method wouldnt bog them down at all. Your not getting the fact that with some chars already turned down and only some are left that there only option for DLC is weapons and maps. Your method would bog them down. To put it simple their are plenty of levels they can make left but not characters because they dont have control of that. With us seeing 20 chars now, what does that tell you. Omar even said they tried to get other chars but some didnt want their char in the game so your char point stands short because Maps can continue but chars cant.  


You don't seem to understand that there are still numerous characters that have almost definitely have not been thought of that can be represented.  If they're first party, they can get them, so long as they collaborate.  Not to mention that there are almost definitely DLC talks in the works with some of these third party companies that haven't had representation yet.  It's not "oh, there aren't many they can choose from because there are only 20 right now" when you don't know how many characters have been turned down.  I can see how long a single stage takes in comparison to a single character (longer) based on what e know now, so forcing the team to stay completely split at all times for DLC will only prolong DLC as a whole.  Not to mention there aren't that many people willing to fork out much money for just stages when most people buying this game care about characters.  It'd likely just lead to a lower profit as well, since they could charge $X for DLC alone, which not many will buy, or they can charge $5 + X for characters + a stage, which people will be more inclined to buy for the characters.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 29 (53 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Online
6521 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Except there's 14 known stages to 20 known characters. That seems to hint that, in a vacuum, it takes about 70% of the time of two characters to make one stage. And that would be including all of the extras for the characters, too. So the method you'd be trying to go for wouldn't end up being all that effective in comparison. It may just bog them down in the end.

 

My method wouldnt bog them down at all. Your not getting the fact that with some chars already turned down and only some are left that there only option for DLC is weapons and maps. Your method would bog them down. To put it simple their are plenty of levels they can make left but not characters because they dont have control of that. With us seeing 20 chars now, what does that tell you. Omar even said they tried to get other chars but some didnt want their char in the game so your char point stands short because Maps can continue but chars cant.  


You don't seem to understand that there are still numerous characters that have almost definitely have not been thought of that can be represented.  If they're first party, they can get them, so long as they collaborate.  Not to mention that there are almost definitely DLC talks in the works with some of these third party companies that haven't had representation yet.  It's not "oh, there aren't many they can choose from because there are only 20 right now" when you don't know how many characters have been turned down.  I can see how long a single stage takes in comparison to a single character (longer) based on what e know now, so forcing the team to stay completely split at all times for DLC will only prolong DLC as a whole.  Not to mention there aren't that many people willing to fork out much money for just stages when most people buying this game care about characters.  It'd likely just lead to a lower profit as well, since they could charge $X for DLC alone, which not many will buy, or they can charge $5 + X for characters + a stage, which people will be more inclined to buy for the characters.



DivinePaladin27 wrote:

BlueDiamond93 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Except there's 14 known stages to 20 known characters. That seems to hint that, in a vacuum, it takes about 70% of the time of two characters to make one stage. And that would be including all of the extras for the characters, too. So the method you'd be trying to go for wouldn't end up being all that effective in comparison. It may just bog them down in the end.

 

My method wouldnt bog them down at all. Your not getting the fact that with some chars already turned down and only some are left that there only option for DLC is weapons and maps. Your method would bog them down. To put it simple their are plenty of levels they can make left but not characters because they dont have control of that. With us seeing 20 chars now, what does that tell you. Omar even said they tried to get other chars but some didnt want their char in the game so your char point stands short because Maps can continue but chars cant.  


You don't seem to understand that there are still numerous characters that have almost definitely have not been thought of that can be represented.  If they're first party, they can get them, so long as they collaborate.  Not to mention that there are almost definitely DLC talks in the works with some of these third party companies that haven't had representation yet.  It's not "oh, there aren't many they can choose from because there are only 20 right now" when you don't know how many characters have been turned down.  I can see how long a single stage takes in comparison to a single character (longer) based on what e know now, so forcing the team to stay completely split at all times for DLC will only prolong DLC as a whole.  Not to mention there aren't that many people willing to fork out much money for just stages when most people buying this game care about characters.  It'd likely just lead to a lower profit as well, since they could charge $X for DLC alone, which not many will buy, or they can charge $5 + X for characters + a stage, which people will be more inclined to buy for the characters.




You just dont get the way these addition of characters work. It is not as simple as your saying it. Thats not how it works. Like I said if it was that simple especially for 1st party thenn wouldnt we have more chars? Omar said he was trying his best to get as many chars as possible that the fans wanted but its not his choice so that proves my char point. The teams are ALREADY SPLIT!! No company works on everything as a whole. Theres certain fields for certain reasons. You think everybody in SB worked on Plot first then said ok team were done now lets all go to game mechanics.. ok team good job now lets all go to design. No it doesnt work like that.

 

Im tired of this discussion im ready to drop it.....

 photo 2-ryZavXX_zpse767acbf.png
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 29 (48 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 02/25/2012
Offline
4668 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012
Believe what you want, but I can almost guarantee they're not going to segment their work in such a cost-ineffective way. Not to mention you're completely misunderstanding and changing what my point is to make yours look stronger.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 29 (43 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/19/2012
Online
6521 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Believe what you want, but I can almost guarantee they're not going to segment their work in such a cost-ineffective way. Not to mention you're completely misunderstanding and changing what my point is to make yours look stronger.

 

Its how teams work. Im not changing your point to make mines look stronger. How about we go with a draw.

 

All im saying is we should get a 2nd map for every char whether its after new chars or before.  I mean think about it, the word dlc. Are ppl really expecting for chars to only be dlc? If they do maps as dlc, what do you think it will be.. obviously a chars maps...

 photo 2-ryZavXX_zpse767acbf.png
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 29 (42 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 08/02/2010
Offline
4813 posts
 

Re: Limited Characters should = More Content.

Oct 10, 2012
There is a lot if content... It doesn't necessarily have to be stages or characters


Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 29 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes