Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/09/2012
Offline
320 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012
WHY DO I CARE THAT YOU ARE STUPID!?
WHY DOES YOUR IGNORANCE MAKE ME SO MAD!?
Aaaaaaaggggghhhh!!!!

*runs off*
Message 41 of 55 (149 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
6400 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

ZodianKnight wrote:
Yeah, if cloud sucked so much in dissidia then why is he the most used and one of the strongest characters to play as? You clearly know nothing about the game. They had to use her in the game that way to introduce her in. Most people don't know Kain(who is one of the greatest characters ever) because they are too young and don't want to play the older FF games. Tifa is obviously true hotness, so she is already well known. And lightning just fails, so they had to make you play with her so they try to force you to like her. She is weak, boring, and crap compared to all of the other characters. That's my input from playing the game. But I personally bought the game just to play as Original Dark Knight Cecil(knight of the twin moon)

Simple.

 

CLOUD WAS SIMPLY TOO EASY TO USE.

 

He was basically the 'mindless' character who was ridiculously easy to use. He required little effort.

 

Lightning on the other hand required effort thanks to the Three style system which has the most diverse playstyle 'in the game'. Don't believe me? The only other character that has as much substance as a Dissidia character is Cecil because he could switch from darkness, to light. Lightning can switch from Physical, to Magic, to Heal. Which, honestly, would be awesome for this game.

 

Then again you 'do' have Cloud as everything so I'm just going to assume you're a dumb fanboy.

 

Especially when you said that the Gamecube sucked. The Gamecube had Metroid friggin' Prime, one of the best games ever made. You're essetionally saying that the strongest console (not third party wise, PS2 won in amount of games) technologically, is bad.

 

You're essetionally saying that the Legend of Zelda is bad, that Metroid is bad, that MARIO IS BAD.

 

And yet, you defend Cloud. The creative bankruptcy that began Square's eternal downfall from its well told stories to focusing on graphics and style instead of substance.

 

FINAL FANTASY 7. WAS NOT A GOOD STORY AT ALL.

I'm a story major. I know when games are told well. I know when a game has a good story. Shadow of the Colossus has a good story. Final Fantasy VI with Terra Branford, had a good story. Silent Hill had a good story before the post-Silent Hill 3. American McGee's Alice has an okay story.

 

What Final Fantasy 7 has is what we call 'Bleach syndrome'. It gives no real explanation as to why Mako gives people superpowers. It gives us no real explanation as to where Jenova came from. It gives us no real explanation how Cloud believed he got into SOLDIER. It gives us no explanation as to why Sephiroth was 'really' considered a hero (yeah, he won one battle. In the course of Crisis Core Zack wins like 3 major battles by himself.) The death scene with Aeris is just plain sad; not in the 'cry' sad but in the 'you'd have to be stupid not to see this coming' sad.

 

Yeah, you heard me. Aeris' death scene was not sad. Actual sad, as in tear-filled moments, were ZEKE'S death from inFamous 2. That moment, right there, is how you do it. It had reason. It had motivation. Both people knew it was going to end badly.




Completly ignoring everything else you posted, yes Cloud was the simplest character to use, but Lightning while diverse as is Cecil, I wouldn't call it the most diverse. The most diverse was probably ExDeath since you can play him in any way that no other character can be played, there are some really good Exdeath's that don't even use the blocks. Vaan was also pretty diverse as well, while not sporting 3 different playstyles, he could be played anyway like ExDeath.

Message 42 of 55 (137 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 08/01/2012
Offline
756 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012

I used to think she was cool and awesome. Then I watched this video and remembered... she was a total and utter b**** in her game. Holy crap! I can't believe I didn't notice until I saw this. 



Just the first 3 minutes made me despise her. I played the game but her character just rubs off wrong on me.

 

 

 

Message 43 of 55 (127 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/02/2012
Offline
48 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

*snip*

I'm a story major.

 *snip*

What Final Fantasy 7 has is what we call 'Bleach syndrome'. It gives no real explanation as to why Mako gives people superpowers. It gives us no real explanation as to where Jenova came from. It gives us no real explanation how Cloud believed he got into SOLDIER. It gives us no explanation as to why Sephiroth was 'really' considered a hero (yeah, he won one battle. In the course of Crisis Core Zack wins like 3 major battles by himself.) The death scene with Aeris is just plain sad; not in the 'cry' sad but in the 'you'd have to be stupid not to see this coming' sad.

 

Yeah, you heard me. Aeris' death scene was not sad. Actual sad, as in tear-filled moments, were ZEKE'S death from inFamous 2. That moment, right there, is how you do it. It had reason. It had motivation. Both people knew it was going to end badly.


Story Major? I'm sorry, I cannot stop laughing. Did you mean literature major? or English major? Where on earth did Bleach Syndrome come from? What are you even talking about?

 

As for materia, it does give a (admittedly weak) explanation for why it gives it gives 'superpowers,' because it 'contained the knowledge of the ancients' (like I said, weak but they attempted). As for Jenova, I will admit that I could be wrong about this one, but I believe they did mention that Jenova fell to the planet (ala Lavos style), but there does not always even need to be a full explanation for where an antagonist came from (in special cases mind you, but you should know that if you read actual stories). Of course it gave an explanation as to why he believed he was in soldier (at least if you played past the first disc, but then it hints at it through the full game considering he has the 'eyes of someone from soldier'). Sephiroth was supposed to be a hero because he won several battles (at least, in FF7, I never got to play crisis core due to the lack of a psp), but they did admittedly just stop talking about the war through most of the game (with the exception of a certain side area, but they never mentioned sephiroth there). Also, most anyone who has spent some degree of time on the internet has probably had some way of seeing something related to a spoiler for Aeris' death. (Also, it was not a sad death scene for me as I did not care about Aeris as a character)

 

Is Final Fantasy 7 my favorite? No, it is far from it, I much prefer the other Final Fantasy games. I was also planning on staying out of this 'fanboy/fangirl' debate because no one is going to change their perspective views... but the 'story major' got my attention. Feel free to reply however you see fit, because I honestly do not care about either character.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Laharl

Message 44 of 55 (118 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 01/17/2009
Offline
77 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012

I thought it was obvious that Vivi should be in this game over Lightning and Cloud; both horrible characters.

Message 45 of 55 (100 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
6400 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012

yooobooyj wrote:

I used to think she was cool and awesome. Then I watched this video and remembered... she was a total and utter b**** in her game. Holy crap! I can't believe I didn't notice until I saw this. 



Just the first 3 minutes made me despise her. I played the game but her character just rubs off wrong on me.

 

 

 



yooobooyj wrote:

I used to think she was cool and awesome. Then I watched this video and remembered... she was a total and utter b**** in her game. Holy crap! I can't believe I didn't notice until I saw this. 



Just the first 3 minutes made me despise her. I played the game but her character just rubs off wrong on me.

 

 

 



Her greatest moment was her "Nice gun" scene, along with almost every other action scene she is in, at least to me.

Message 46 of 55 (89 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 07/11/2012
Offline
502 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012

SasukeY6JUchiha wrote:

djking1994_red wrote:

SasukeY6JUchiha wrote:
Hey there. im gussing you are king daniel? the judge and trolling and pretend to own superbot facebook page I assuming you dont have a life.

LOL yup that me. But hey I don't troll. I am stating the obvious. 
Crash and Spyro not in because of Activision

Cloud not in because Lightning


Crash is in but idk about spyro

But if square enix let Cloud in. Then ima hear more cry then i actually never heard of before

Same for Lighting


Crash is in huh so me proof

Message 47 of 55 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 03/07/2009
Offline
2718 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012
lghtning is an OK character, it's just what she represents that is bad. FF13.
ハマり度MAX!!
Message 48 of 55 (68 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 09/01/2012
Offline
633 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012
If you really think FF7 had a bad story, then you clearly don't enjoy good, lengthy, well diverse rpgs. You probably don't even remember the last time you played 7, if at all. They made cloud simple to use in dissidia because they want the most well known and popular character to be easy to use(so he will be fun to play as) as for myself, he IS too easy to use, which is why I use Cecil ALWAYS. You called me a dumb fanboy. You don't know the first thing about me, so stop talking. I never said anything about Nintendo, so your probably being an ignorant person and talking to the WRONG person because you quoted ME. but I call you ignorant because you say I have everything cloud, but you obviously didn't even fully read the text that you quoted from me. I specifically said I bought the game just to play as Dark Knight Cecil. If your going to come on this board and make fun of people, at least do a good job of it, otherwise **bleep**. Because it makes you look like a jackoff. Story major... pfft. Go back to high school and take beginners steps. Your a moron if you don't think that the 45+ hours of game play you can get out of VII is decent in anyway. Get off the world and choke in space. Your kinds not wanted here sir, ma'am, thing, whatever. Peace out
Photobucket
Message 49 of 55 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
1035 posts
 

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 14, 2012
not that this applys to you, but i love how people have titles like what if... or i think... making you want to click on it but i have done this before but i think its funny
Message 50 of 55 (51 Views)
Reply
0 Likes