Sackboy
502 posts

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 13, 2012

SasukeY6JUchiha wrote:
Hey there. im gussing you are king daniel? the judge and trolling and pretend to own superbot facebook page I assuming you dont have a life.

LOL yup that me. But hey I don't troll. I am stating the obvious. 
Crash and Spyro not in because of Activision

Cloud not in because Lightning

Message 31 of 55 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Message 32 of 55 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 13, 2012
You know nothing about Batman if you think that.
Message 33 of 55 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 13, 2012

djking1994_red wrote:

SasukeY6JUchiha wrote:
Hey there. im gussing you are king daniel? the judge and trolling and pretend to own superbot facebook page I assuming you dont have a life.

LOL yup that me. But hey I don't troll. I am stating the obvious. 
Crash and Spyro not in because of Activision

Cloud not in because Lightning

Crash is in but idk about spyro

But if square enix let Cloud in. Then ima hear more cry then i actually never heard of before

Same for Lighting

BeFunky_Untitled
Message 34 of 55 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2516 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
Yeah, if cloud sucked so much in dissidia then why is he the most used and one of the strongest characters to play as? You clearly know nothing about the game. They had to use her in the game that way to introduce her in. Most people don't know Kain(who is one of the greatest characters ever) because they are too young and don't want to play the older FF games. Tifa is obviously true hotness, so she is already well known. And lightning just fails, so they had to make you play with her so they try to force you to like her. She is weak, boring, and crap compared to all of the other characters. That's my input from playing the game. But I personally bought the game just to play as Original Dark Knight Cecil(knight of the twin moon)

Simple.

CLOUD WAS SIMPLY TOO EASY TO USE.

He was basically the 'mindless' character who was ridiculously easy to use. He required little effort.

Lightning on the other hand required effort thanks to the Three style system which has the most diverse playstyle 'in the game'. Don't believe me? The only other character that has as much substance as a Dissidia character is Cecil because he could switch from darkness, to light. Lightning can switch from Physical, to Magic, to Heal. Which, honestly, would be awesome for this game.

Then again you 'do' have Cloud as everything so I'm just going to assume you're a dumb fanboy.

Especially when you said that the Gamecube sucked. The Gamecube had Metroid friggin' Prime, one of the best games ever made. You're essetionally saying that the strongest console (not third party wise, PS2 won in amount of games) technologically, is bad.

You're essetionally saying that the Legend of Zelda is bad, that Metroid is bad, that MARIO IS BAD.

And yet, you defend Cloud. The creative bankruptcy that began Square's eternal downfall from its well told stories to focusing on graphics and style instead of substance.

FINAL FANTASY 7. WAS NOT A GOOD STORY AT ALL.

I'm a story major. I know when games are told well. I know when a game has a good story. Shadow of the Colossus has a good story. Final Fantasy VI with Terra Branford, had a good story. Silent Hill had a good story before the post-Silent Hill 3. American McGee's Alice has an okay story.

What Final Fantasy 7 has is what we call 'Bleach syndrome'. It gives no real explanation as to why Mako gives people superpowers. It gives us no real explanation as to where Jenova came from. It gives us no real explanation how Cloud believed he got into SOLDIER. It gives us no explanation as to why Sephiroth was 'really' considered a hero (yeah, he won one battle. In the course of Crisis Core Zack wins like 3 major battles by himself.) The death scene with Aeris is just plain sad; not in the 'cry' sad but in the 'you'd have to be stupid not to see this coming' sad.

Yeah, you heard me. Aeris' death scene was not sad. Actual sad, as in tear-filled moments, were ZEKE'S death from inFamous 2. That moment, right there, is how you do it. It had reason. It had motivation. Both people knew it was going to end badly.

Message 35 of 55 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Oct 13, 2012

To this fan war I bid:

-- チームクーパースライ ! --
Message 36 of 55 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3150 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Oh, this horses*it again. Get over it. Lightining isn't in. Now go change your diaper.
Message 37 of 55 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 13, 2012

I know plenty of Batman if I think that since almost every time they got into a straight up fist fight Bane wrecked his **bleep**.  Unless he was using a special suit or had outside help.

Message 38 of 55 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

MarrowOchi wrote:

ZodianKnight wrote:
Yeah, if cloud sucked so much in dissidia then why is he the most used and one of the strongest characters to play as? You clearly know nothing about the game. They had to use her in the game that way to introduce her in. Most people don't know Kain(who is one of the greatest characters ever) because they are too young and don't want to play the older FF games. Tifa is obviously true hotness, so she is already well known. And lightning just fails, so they had to make you play with her so they try to force you to like her. She is weak, boring, and crap compared to all of the other characters. That's my input from playing the game. But I personally bought the game just to play as Original Dark Knight Cecil(knight of the twin moon)

Simple.

CLOUD WAS SIMPLY TOO EASY TO USE.

He was basically the 'mindless' character who was ridiculously easy to use. He required little effort.

Lightning on the other hand required effort thanks to the Three style system which has the most diverse playstyle 'in the game'. Don't believe me? The only other character that has as much substance as a Dissidia character is Cecil because he could switch from darkness, to light. Lightning can switch from Physical, to Magic, to Heal. Which, honestly, would be awesome for this game.

Then again you 'do' have Cloud as everything so I'm just going to assume you're a dumb fanboy.

Especially when you said that the Gamecube sucked. The Gamecube had Metroid friggin' Prime, one of the best games ever made. You're essetionally saying that the strongest console (not third party wise, PS2 won in amount of games) technologically, is bad.

You're essetionally saying that the Legend of Zelda is bad, that Metroid is bad, that MARIO IS BAD.

And yet, you defend Cloud. The creative bankruptcy that began Square's eternal downfall from its well told stories to focusing on graphics and style instead of substance.

FINAL FANTASY 7. WAS NOT A GOOD STORY AT ALL.

I'm a story major. I know when games are told well. I know when a game has a good story. Shadow of the Colossus has a good story. Final Fantasy VI with Terra Branford, had a good story. Silent Hill had a good story before the post-Silent Hill 3. American McGee's Alice has an okay story.

What Final Fantasy 7 has is what we call 'Bleach syndrome'. It gives no real explanation as to why Mako gives people superpowers. It gives us no real explanation as to where Jenova came from. It gives us no real explanation how Cloud believed he got into SOLDIER. It gives us no explanation as to why Sephiroth was 'really' considered a hero (yeah, he won one battle. In the course of Crisis Core Zack wins like 3 major battles by himself.) The death scene with Aeris is just plain sad; not in the 'cry' sad but in the 'you'd have to be stupid not to see this coming' sad.

Yeah, you heard me. Aeris' death scene was not sad. Actual sad, as in tear-filled moments, were ZEKE'S death from inFamous 2. That moment, right there, is how you do it. It had reason. It had motivation. Both people knew it was going to end badly.

Never played dissidia so I can't really comment there but...
What you said about Zelda and mario is post hoc ergo propter hoc logic and is a very transparent way of trying to get people to come around to your way of thinking by telling them that if they disagree with you then they are being disrespectful to other things that you assume they like. It's just a poor argument poorly executed to be honest.

As far as I'm concerned a good story is something that people enjoy and a lot more people enjoyed ff7 than ff13. You can't really start an argument with "this is not good" and expect everyone to just go with it. I think your understanding of the mechanics behinds creating a story is preventing you from just sitting back and enjoying the ride.
Aeries death is considered by the vast vast majority to be one of the saddest moments in gaming so you'd have to be a little naive to say "It's not sad at all" and expect people to just assume they had all been wrong for the last 15 years. You might not think it was but almost everyone else who'd played the game would disagree. I can think of no other video game character who a player could play for that amount of time and get to know that well and genuinly really care about what happened to them, just to have them murdered out of absolutly nowhere. There had been absolutly no indication whatsoever that that was about to happen. I fail to see how you could have saw it coming short of being psychic.

Message 39 of 55 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Batman and Bane have fought hand to hand 3 times. Bane has won once.
Message 40 of 55 (78 Views)
0 Likes