Wastelander
633 posts

Re: Lightning over Cloud is obvious

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah, if cloud sucked so much in dissidia then why is he the most used and one of the strongest characters to play as? You clearly know nothing about the game. They had to use her in the game that way to introduce her in. Most people don't know Kain(who is one of the greatest characters ever) because they are too young and don't want to play the older FF games. Tifa is obviously true hotness, so she is already well known. And lightning just fails, so they had to make you play with her so they try to force you to like her. She is weak, boring, and crap compared to all of the other characters. That's my input from playing the game. But I personally bought the game just to play as Original Dark Knight Cecil(knight of the twin moon)
Photobucket
Message 21 of 55 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 13, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
Yeah, if cloud sucked so much in dissidia then why is he the most used and one of the strongest characters to play as? You clearly know nothing about the game. They had to use her in the game that way to introduce her in. Most people don't know Kain(who is one of the greatest characters ever) because they are too young and don't want to play the older FF games. Tifa is obviously true hotness, so she is already well known. And lightning just fails, so they had to make you play with her so they try to force you to like her. She is weak, boring, and crap compared to all of the other characters. That's my input from playing the game. But I personally bought the game just to play as Original Dark Knight Cecil(knight of the twin moon)

It seems more like you haven't played the game, friend.

Message 22 of 55 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Oct 13, 2012
I'm not your friend, and I've probably played it enough to know how much lightning is terrible. Smiley Happy
Photobucket
Message 23 of 55 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 13, 2012

ZodianKnight wrote:
I'm not your friend, and I've probably played it enough to know how much lightning is terrible. Smiley Happy

Sure ya did, and Batman can beat Bane in a fist fight.

Message 24 of 55 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Don't ever speak of that movie again. It was one of the worst films I ever saw. Subject change immediately unless we are going to seriousr bash that abortion of a movie
Photobucket
Message 25 of 55 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Oct 13, 2012
@djking I am no fanboy of anything but to say that all the Nintendo consoles where crap is retarded. Thats ur opinion. N64 is one of my most memorible consoles. I had endless fun on the 64 with my brothers. Mario kart, didy Kong racing, GOLDENEYE. The list goes on. That console was far from crap.
Message 26 of 55 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Goldeneye.......best memories ever.

All friends I got......are Moderators
Message 27 of 55 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Oct 13, 2012
Message 28 of 55 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Oct 13, 2012

Keiji_again wrote:

In a straight up fist fight there's no way Batman will win unless he's using some kind of armor or has outside help.

Message 29 of 55 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 13, 2012

My opinions on this thread so far Smiley Happy
N64 was good
Gamecube was very good
Wii was stupid. Having a gimmick like that which means that the games have to be designed around the controller could only ever results in poor gameplay that people will lose their **bleep** over for about an hour and then get bored of.

Now to the heart of the issue Smiley Happy
There's a reason that ff7 is by a long way the most popular in the series to both casual and hardcore gamers. The writing is exceptional and that's particularly noticable in the characters. Cloud's the main guy so it's most obvious with him. He goes from the kind of 2 dimentional badass that most games nowadays use as their protagonist and slowly evolved and became possibly THE most deep and layered character in video game history. He spend the first 6 or 7 hours of the game falling in love only to have the object of his affections murdered in front of him and then goes on to discover that all of his memories are in fact false and he is not even close to being the man that he thought he was. Most games nowadays need 2 or 3 sequels to pack in the amount of story that cloud alone went through and yet ff7 never felt rushed and nothing was done casually or half heartedly. Lightning on the other hand has never been anywhere near as popular as cloud. Even now when her game is pretty new and Clouds is over 15 years old, he still has the bigger fanbase and the most support for getting in the game. That plus the fact that the devs have pretty much said that when creating lightning they were try to recreate cloud, is pretty much all that needs to be said on the issue. People who bad mouth cloud are usually idiots. They see something popular and decide that if they hate it then that makes them unique and therefore smart but the thing about Cloud is he gets so much love and so much hate but only really deserves the love. The hate just comes from pretentious **bleep** trying to convince themselves that they are better than the rest of us.
Thank you.

Message 30 of 55 (117 Views)
0 Likes