Jul 24 2012
By: quickfire123 Uncharted Territory 1808 posts

Lightning Moveset

[ Edited ]
64 replies 1891 views Edited Jul 24, 2012

Be optimistic on this idea, leave ur hate and look at this character as a gameplay element.

Please no hate comments.

Remember this isnt an offical moveset, meaning it couldl be better or more unique/detailed.

To see what edits I made scroll down to bottom.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lightning Movesets

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: added one more

Key:

S = Square

T = Triangle

O = Circle

X = X

< = Left

^ = Up

> = Right

v = Down

{} = What was there before edit.

To start of Idk how to fit Lightning's signature move Army of One so I think it should be able to be recrated in a combo.

Square = Magic

Triangle = Sword 

Circle = Gun

Square

This is where the uniquness is big.

Edit: I put in the magic that I think will be good.

For magic I wasnt sure which one would be best so here's a list of them that could be used:

Spoiler
Attack      (Commando) Stage 1
Blindside   (Commando) Stage 5
Blitz       (Commando) Stage 1
Faultsiphon (Commando) Stage 2
Jeopardize  (Commando) Stage 6
Launch      (Commando) Stage 2
Lifesiphon  (Commando) Stage 1
Powerchain  (Commando) Stage 1
Ravage      (Commando) Stage 2
Ruin        (Commando) Stage 1
Ruinga      (Commando) Stage 7
Scourge     (Commando) Stage 5
Smite       (Commando) Stage 3

Aero        (Ravager) Stage 6
Aerora      (Ravager) Stage 8
Aquastrike  (Ravager) Stage 2
Army of One (Ravager) Stage 9
Blizzard    (Ravager) Stage 5
Blizzara    (Ravager) Stage 8
Fearsiphon  (Ravager) Stage 7
Fire        (Ravager) Stage 3
Fira        (Ravager) Stage 8
Flamestrike (Ravager) Stage 8
Froststrike (Ravager) Stage 8
Overwhelm   (Ravager) Stage 4
Sparkstrike (Ravager) Stage 2
Thunder     (Ravager) Stage 1
Thundara    (Ravager) Stage 5
Thundaga    (Ravager) Stage 9
Water       (Ravager) Stage 1
Watera      (Ravager) Stage 6
Vigor       (Ravager) Stage 8

Counter    (Sentinel) Stage 5
Deathward  (Sentinel) Stage 7
Elude      (Sentinel) Stage 3
Evade      (Sentinel) Stage 2
Fringeward (Sentinel) Stage 9
Provoke    (Sentinel) Stage 1
Reprieve   (Sentinel) Stage 10

Deprotect   (Saboteur) Stage 1
Deprotectga (Saboteur) Stage 7
Deshell     (Saboteur) Stage 2
Deshellga   (Saboteur) Stage 9
Imperil     (Saboteur) Stage 4
Imerpilga   (Saboteur) Stage 10
Jinx        (Saboteur) Stage 8
Poison      (Saboteur) Stage 5
Poisonga    (Saboteur) Stage 10

Boon       (Synergist) Stage 9
Bravery    (Synergist) Stage 1
Enfire     (Synergist) Stage 4
Enfrost    (Synergist) Stage 6
Enthunder  (Synergist) Stage 3
Enwater    (Synergist) Stage 5
Faith      (Synergist) Stage 2
Haste      (Synergist) Stage 10
Protect    (Synergist) Stage 7
Shell      (Synergist) Stage 8
Vigiliance (Synergist) Stage 10

S + ^ = Thunder

S + </> = Aero          {One of the magic in the game}
S + v = Blizzard          {One of the magic in the game}
S = Ruin          {One of the magic in the game}

X + S + ^ = Thunder

X + S + </> = Fire          {One of the magic in the game}
X + S + v = Water angled sown \          {One of the magic in the game that go down}
X + S = Ruin          {One of the magic in the game}

Triangle

These would be good cause it adds to the sword characters.

She does have some unique sword move but I dont have time to play the game to figure them out.

Edit: I changed some of the attacks

T + ^ = Slash upward (uses as a launcher)

T + > = Slash          {Kick}

T + < = Froststrick (Slash with ice element)

T + v = Crouch Aquastrick (Slash with water element)          {Crouch Slash}

TBlitz          {Slash}

XT + ^ = Sparkstrick (Points sword upwards to hit with electric element)

XT + </> = Twirling Slash

XT + v = Backflip Flamestrick (Slash with fire element)         {Backflip Slash}

XT = Slash

Circle

Gun is basic cause she just use it to shoot, im saying it should be a 3 burst gun?

She does have some unique gun move but I dont have time to play the game to figure them out.

O + ^ = Shot angled up /

O + </> = Shot

O + v = Shot angled down \

O = Shot

XO + ^ = N/A

XO + </> = Shot

XO + v = Shot down angled \

XO = Shot

Edit: Grabs added

Idk if grabs are attacks too, like in brawl so im just writing them as throws.

^ = Throws into air

< = Throws backwards

> = Throws foward

v = Throws doward causing ground bounce

Supers

Level 1:

She does a twirl slash like she does at the end of using Odin and her special attack in Dissidia (more like the Dissidia counterpart)

Use these for an idea. Vid 1 at 00:43 - 00:54 and Vid 2 16:10 - 16:15

Level 2:

She either use Odin and he attacks straight foward (like Heihachi's 2).

or,

She rides Odin in The Gestalt Form (Sleipnir, a horse) while slashing people with the sword she weilds.

Level 3:

This will be a transformation super. She turn into her Etro armor from FFXIII-2 and uses those abilities kill for a certain amount of time. People will have the yellow aura like stagared enemies in the game.

How she'll look:

How stagger looks:

Attacks she could use are in this video:

This probably isnt the best moveset for her, but its something.

This isn't what I exactly imagine but its the best way I can put it written.

Edit: Idk how the controls works, if its like brawl or tradition fighting game combes.

I followed this control scheme and think that each direction is a new attack, combos have there own input n animation?

Spoiler
X: Jump
Circle/Square/Triangle + Direction on D-pad/left analog stick: Attack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added new attacks and grabs.

If any thing is in this {} it means what was there before edit.

Grabs follow this format:

Spoiler
Right Analog Stick + Direction on D-pad/left analog stick: Throw

I also added more color.

Message 1 of 65 (1,891 Views)
Sackboy
595 posts

Re: Lightning Moveset

Jul 24, 2012

I would prefer Cloud in this game over Lightning but it seems like you put a lot of work into this so I will give you a kudos.

Solid Snake/ Big Boss for PSASBR

I make it rain with Kudos

Message 2 of 65 (1,887 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1540 posts

Jul 24, 2012
I'd prefer cloud but lightning is better than no oneI think it should be square is sword triangle is gun and circle is magic
Message 3 of 65 (1,870 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2590 posts

Jul 24, 2012

This is one of the most detailed movesets I've seen, Kudos. 

http://www.playstationallstarsarena.com/forums/index.php
Message 4 of 65 (1,852 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Great job with the moveset. But ya know...Cloud Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 65 (1,766 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1823 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

I'll give you kudos for your effort, but I still want Cloud, mainly for the day-1 buyers his pressence will surely bring in.

P.S: Feel free to use these instead. Just drag-n-drop them.

PlayStationTriangle.png PlayStationCircle.png PlayStationSquare.png PlayStationCross.png

I like to make PSASBR move-sets. Here's a few:

Dart.jpg Daedalus.png Selvaria.jpg Alicia.png Dante.png Ellen.jpg

Never say I don't contribute: I'm The Idea Man.

Community Move-Set for Specter. Help build it.

Message 6 of 65 (1,760 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Thank you for the kudos, and I know most of you guys want Cloud instead.

Also I just made edits.

Message 7 of 65 (1,673 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1808 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2012

I just found this on the Dissida Lightning wiki. Lightning could fight like she does in this game were she uses Paradigm shifts like in the game. It would be like how toro switches stances.

This also shows attack possibilities.

Here's the link since it doesnt come out right:http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_(Final_Fantasy_XIII)/Dissidia

Bravery Attacks: CommandoMove Type CP (Mastered) AP Priority Effect Damage type Obtained ImageBlitzLaunchRuingaSmiteRuinBlaze Rush

Ground20 (10)100Melee MidWall RushPhysicalInitialArea Blast.jpeg
Spin forward attacking from all sides, then shoot a blast of gunfire to knock opponent back. Does more damage the longer it makes contact.
Charge at opponent with a spinning sword attack. Destroys stage elements.Send opponent flying with a powerful shot. Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (→)
Ground20 (10)140Melee LowWall RushPhysicalLevel 3Smash Upper.jpeg
Three quick slashes that throws the enemy through the air.
Slice opponent with a quick sword strike.Send opponent flying diagonally upwards with a mighty blow. Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (↑)
Ground20 (10)80Ranged Low
Ranged Mid
Wall RushMagicalLevel 20Ruinga.jpeg
Throw a projectile that explodes and launches enemy into the air.
Launch a ball of light. Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (↑)
Aerial20 (10)100Melee LowWall RushPhysicalInitialImpact Break.jpeg
Two aerial slashes ending in with a powerful downward smash.
Slice opponent twice with a quick sword strike.Send opponent flying diagonally downwards with a mighty blow. Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (↓)
Aerial20 (10)80Ranged LowChaseMagicalLevel 6Ruin.jpeg
Fling up to three small projectiles that damage on impact and knock the opponent back. The trajectory of the spell can be controlled before it's loosed with the analog stick.
Cast a ball of light. Change direction with analog stickCommand Branch One-to-Two .pngChase
 Forced ComboCast a ball of light. Change direction with analog stick.Command Branch One-to-Two .pngChase
 Forced ComboCast a ball of light. Change direction with analog stick.Chase
Aerial20 (10)100Ranged LowWall RushPhysicalLevel 15Blaze Rush.jpeg
Shoot four bullets at opponent, then charge in to slam them away. Gunfire has weak tracking.
Spin towards opponent while firing three quick shotsQuickly charge foe and slash. Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (→)

Bravery Attacks: RavagerEditMove Type CP (Mastered) AP Priority Effect Damage type Obtained ImageFireAeroraThundagaArmy of One(ground)WateraThunderBlizzaraArmy of One(midair)

Ground20 (10)100Ranged LowNoneMagicalInitialFire.jpeg
Tap Circle-button.png up to three times to create three small fireballs that move slowly and then pick up speed. Has strong tracking.
Shoot flame projectileForced ComboShoot flame projectileForced ComboShoot flame projectile
Ground20 (10)100Ranged LowNoneMagicalLevel 18Aerora.jpeg
Throw a projectile at the opponent that hits multiple times and sends them up into the air.
Shoot pockets of air
Ground20 (10)80Ranged LowChaseMagicalLevel 24Thundaga.jpeg
Conjure several lightning bolts in front of Lightning that strike repeatedly over a period of time. Persists after being cast, even if Lightning is attacked
Drop chain of lightning attacks. Destroys stage elementsChase
Ground20 (10)130Melee MidChasePhysicalLevel 27Scene Drive.jpeg
Spin towards opponent slashing, then perform a combo of sword attacks and gunshots that knock opponent away.
Use a graceful attack. Destroys stage elementsChase
Aerial20 (10)100Ranged MidNoneMagicalInitialWatera.jpeg
Sends out a large bubble of water that slowly tracks opponent and explodes on impact. Staggers if blocked, but is also reflected.
Shoot projectile of water. Destroys stage elements
Aerial20 (10)80Ranged LowChaseMagicalLevel 8Thunder.jpeg
Conjure three flurries of lightning over opponent. Fast execution but very low range.
Launch lightning strikeLaunch lightning strikeLaunch lightning strikeChase
Aerial20 (10)100Ranged LowAbsorbMagicalLevel 29Blizzara.jpeg
Create a blast of cold air at a set distance in front of Lightning that condenses into an ice shard and knocks opponent into the air.
Freeze the water in the air to create chunks of ice. Draws foe in. Destroys stage elements.
Aerial20 (10)130Melee MidChasePhysicalLevel 35Scene Drive.jpeg
Spin towards opponent slashing, then perform a combo of sword attacks and gunshots that knock opponent away.
Use a graceful attack. Destroys stage elementsChase

Bravery Attacks: MedicEditMove Type CP (Mastered) AP Priority Effect Damage type Obtained ImageCure(ground)Cura(ground)Cure(midair)Cura(midair)

Ground20 (10)100N/ANoneMagicalInitialCure.jpeg
Heal Bravery without attacking. Can be cast in quick succession, but doesn't restore a lot. Amount restored with each hand motion is random, but total amount healed is always equal to 21% of base Bravery.
Increase own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own bravery
Ground20 (10)100N/ANoneMagicalLevel 22Curera.jpeg
Heals Bravery without attacking. Requires strict timing on casting, to chain correctly, wait until the last possible moment while her hand is still up. Restores 25% of base Bravery.
Increase own braveryForced ComboRequires perfect timingIncrease own braveryForced ComboRequires perfect timingGreatly increase own bravery
Aerial20 (10)100N/ANoneMagicalLevel 13Cure.jpeg
Heal Bravery without attacking. Can be cast in quick succession, but doesn't restore a lot. Amount restored with each hand motion is random, but total amount healed is always equal to 21% of base Bravery.
Increase own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own braveryForced ComboIncrease own bravery
Aerial20 (10)100N/ANoneMagicalLevel 32Curera.jpeg
Heals Bravery without attacking. Requires strict timing on casting, to chain correctly, wait until the last possible moment while her hand is still up. Restores 25% of base Bravery.
Increase own braveryForced ComboRequires perfect timingIncrease own braveryForced ComboRequires perfect timingGreatly increase own bravery

HP AttacksEditMove Type CP (Mastered) AP Priority Effect Damage type Obtained ImageRazor GaleLightning StrikeCrushing BlowThunderfall

Ground30 (15)300Melee High
Ranged High
Wall RushNoneInitialRazor Gale.jpeg
Twirl swords and slice to send a blast of cutting wind at opponent. Has strong tracking and decent speed.
Swing sword to fire series of sword shockwaves. Crushes guards, Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (→)
Ground30 (15)300Ranged HighNoneMagicalLevel 11Lightning Strike.jpeg
Create a line of lightning bolts horizontally in front of Lightning to stun opponent, then slam ground to strike them again if they hit.
Fire thunderbolts straight ahead and then launch a powerful lightning strike. Crushes guards, Destroys stage elements.
Aerial30 (15)300Melee HighNoneN/AInitialCrushing Blow.jpeg
A short-ranged charge attack with swords outstretched. Lightning will rise or fall slightly depending on the opponent's relative position to her before charging at them.
Quick slicing charge. Crushes guards, Destroys stage elements.
Aerial40 (20)300Melee High
Ranged High
Wall RushPhysical
Magical
Level 37Thunderfall.jpeg
Spin swords to create bolts of lightning that lift the enemy off the ground, them slam them back down. The swords can damage the opponent at close range, but do no HP damage.
Call down lightning strikes at foe's position, then fire powerful lightning strike. Guards against projectiles during action. Crushes guards, Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (↓)

Bravery to HP AttacksEditMove Type CP (Mastered) AP Priority Effect Damage type Chained From ImageFlourish of Steel

Ground30 (15)300Melee HighNonePhysicalLaunchFlourish of Steel.jpeg
Perform a twirling combo of sword slashes.
Slice opponent with a quick sword strike.Command Branch One-to-Two .pngSend opponent flying diagonally upwards with a mighty blow. Destroys stage elements.Wall Rush (↑)
 Use a graceful attack. Crushes guards. Destroys stage elements.

Message 8 of 65 (1,610 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Jul 24, 2012

I hope Lightning is in this game, although Cloud would be cool there isn't enough female characters.  In that sense I would rather Lightning be in this game to help increase female character numbers.

Message 9 of 65 (1,598 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2671 posts

Jul 24, 2012

Nocturnal__Gamer wrote:

I hope Lightning is in this game, although Cloud would be cool there isn't enough female characters.  In that sense I would rather Lightning be in this game to help increase female character numbers.

I won't try to point out the flaw in that logic.

New site for PSABR -> http://pastadium.forumotion.com/forum
--------

"Exit the stage. Your act is over." - Vergil

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on! Now die!" - Albedo
Message 10 of 65 (1,585 Views)
0 Likes