Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 07 2013
By: seek911 First Son 6 posts

Lf Ratchet Sensei

6 replies 107 views Edited Jan 7, 2013

Hey guys I got this game for Christmas and have managed to reach red belt with my brother in 2v2 with ratchet/sly combo so far. I feel like if I kept at it consistently I could get a black belt, but the only thing is, I want to evolve as a player faster. I was wondering if there were any blackbelt level Ratchets that would be able to take my play to the next level.

Here are some of my problems:

- When getting trained by high level Kratos's/Raidens/Dantes I have trouble defending against them and can hardly ever seem to really do a lot against them.

- Ap Accumulation. I think I'm having trouble getting my AP to generate fast enough. I always seem to be behind in 2v2 on the specials, and it gets really frustrating when your enemy is getting so much more AP than you and has more chances to execute finishers.

- Combos, looking for practical combos to use against the melee based characters in this game, for their attack speed is (or seems anyway) greater than mine. (Even if I repeatedly dodge everything).

My ID in game is seek911.

Message 1 of 7 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Re: Lf Ratchet Sensei

Jan 7, 2013

Thanks for any help/advice in advance!

Message 2 of 7 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 7, 2013

I'm a black belt ratchet. If you want, I could play a few matches with you and you can see what I do. I don't really know many combos tho, it doesn't seem very important on ratchet anyways.

Message 3 of 7 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 7, 2013
I'm not a black belt because I don't play ranked much at all (I don't want to spend the time getting a black belt if the titles won't show up for sure), but I'm a 999 Ratchet main, so I'd consider that equivalent. First, keep a range game on all the characters you're tough against. Raiden is almost impossible to get close with against Ratchet if you play right. Second, gaining AP really just comes with practice. You'll get up there with time to the point that you'll start getting lvl1s within the first thirty seconds of a match and such. Lastly, I don't rely on combos, but you can really just use Wrench throw, Wrench throw, into anything you want (be it Constructo Pistol knockback, or Whip into Warmonger, or anything you want). I tend to make more use of the Sonic Eruptor personally, because it can get rid of those close-range fighters really quickly. (I almost always have it charged when I'm not playing a range game.) Instead of relying heavily on combos with Ratchet, I keep the enemy in the air as much as I can, and I'll try juggling them with the Warmonger several times; it keeps them locked up for lengths of time similar to that of combos, and nets you good AP as well.

That's all I've got for the questions you asked. It all really comes with practice, my friend; it's cliche, I know, but it's true as far as mastering Ratchet goes.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 4 of 7 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
280 posts

Jan 7, 2013

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
I'm not a black belt because I don't play ranked much at all (I don't want to spend the time getting a black belt if the titles won't show up for sure), but I'm a 999 Ratchet main, so I'd consider that equivalent. First, keep a range game on all the characters you're tough against. Raiden is almost impossible to get close with against Ratchet if you play right. Second, gaining AP really just comes with practice. You'll get up there with time to the point that you'll start getting lvl1s within the first thirty seconds of a match and such. Lastly, I don't rely on combos, but you can really just use Wrench throw, Wrench throw, into anything you want (be it Constructo Pistol knockback, or Whip into Warmonger, or anything you want). I tend to make more use of the Sonic Eruptor personally, because it can get rid of those close-range fighters really quickly. (I almost always have it charged when I'm not playing a range game.) Instead of relying heavily on combos with Ratchet, I keep the enemy in the air as much as I can, and I'll try juggling them with the Warmonger several times; it keeps them locked up for lengths of time similar to that of combos, and nets you good AP as well.

That's all I've got for the questions you asked. It all really comes with practice, my friend; it's cliche, I know, but it's true as far as mastering Ratchet goes.

Basicly..... This. I didn't extactly have the wording to explain it and figured it would be easier to show you many of the tricks I use. There are still things he didn't really cover in the paragraph that I could show you. Although, it would probably be best if I saw your gameplay before attempting to tell you how to play.

Message 5 of 7 (67 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Jan 7, 2013
It is probably much better if you see some of this yourself, acursed's right on that.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 7 (61 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 7, 2013

Ah I see, appreciate the input, I think I might post a video of average games I have and then you can comment if you like.

Message 7 of 7 (42 Views)
0 Likes