Gaming Beast
1584 posts

Re: Level Up brings PSAS to The Runback Tournament Season 3 Now!

Dec 20, 2014
Thanks for the motivation for offline tourneys ringtail. I have always considered one bigger than the little ones I have offline here, but chap is the only close player lol. Ah well.
Message 61 of 87 (4,125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4162 posts

Dec 20, 2014

Jaxvex wrote:

I got excited for a second. I thought we were going to see that big surprise.

I thought that lildavid guy already confirmed that the surprise was

Spoiler
MadCatz producing PSAS-themed arcade sticks.
GIF by IconSeanX15

Message 62 of 87 (4,120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Apr 30, 2015
Sadly I'm nowhere near good enough to compete, I would be sleeping in the corner with toro trying to earn bubbles hoping no one noticed me, or blasting my boom box with parappa until lvl 3.
Message 63 of 87 (3,106 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Apr 30, 2015
This game is every bit as good as smash bros IMHO. I don't see how ever PS fan didn't cherish this game.
Message 64 of 87 (3,105 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1299 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 30, 2015

There are plenty of reasons.

Horrible presentation, little advertising, limited character selection due to licensing issues, cancelled dlc, SuperBot getting the boot not even 6 months after release, level one kill confirms as an unintended side effect altering character balance and the game meta, character balance in general (much better this patch), netcode consistently causing issues and frustrating glitches, vita version music cuts out after a certain amount of time, no support from new dev team outside of keeping the servers up (the community manager hasn't logged on since last October and it was announced there would be no further patches), no offline scene despite several attempts over the course of 2 years, no belt resets every month like it was promised in the beginning, rage quitters ruining most matches thanks to no host migration.

I stopped playing a while ago so I'm sure more active people can add to this list of woes.

Message 65 of 87 (3,092 Views)
Sackboy
505 posts

Apr 30, 2015

Jaxvex wrote:

There are plenty of reasons.

Horrible presentation, little advertising, limited character selection due to licensing issues, cancelled dlc, SuperBot getting the boot not even 6 months after release, level one kill confirms as an unintended side effect altering character balance and the game meta, character balance in general (much better this patch), netcode consistently causing issues and frustrating glitches, vita version music cuts out after a certain amount of time, no support from new dev team outside of keeping the servers up (the community manager hasn't logged on since last October and it was announced there would be no further patches), no offline scene despite several attempts over the course of 2 years, no belt resets every month like it was promised in the beginning, rage quitters ruining most matches thanks to no host migration.

I stopped playing a while ago so I'm sure more active people can add to this list of woes.

Crappy single player content:

Boring arcade- Laughable AI, long and bland load screens, longwinded and repetative. The only good things were the final boss music and some of the wrighting for a few rival cutscenes like tooth and Kratos.

Stupid training mode- So no online and lack of AI options, as well as really worthless combo tutorials that hardly have any bursts.

Worthless 'Challenges and goals' pointless Rp rewards past lvl 300 with no other rewards whatsoever for doing them.

Poor quality unlocks for icons and backgrounds as half just look like filler, not to mention you cannot even postition the icon on the background.

Crappy Stuff in general: 

Most Menu varations look ugly, Nariko and Kat are the only two that seemed to have some sort of effort put into them.

Some terrible stage design- Invisible walls and ceilings that are too high or low. The size and hazards of the game are just dumb, some aesthetics of stages look nice but play horribly, Such as sandover, the start of the killzone stage and kcuf Dreamscape who designed that crap!?! The version with 'hazards off' on half the stages still play terrible, all but the practice stages have hazards when off and half of them are useless anyway.

The character portraits are joke too, Spartan Kratos' special, Spy kat has three arms, etc. Did i mention half the skins in this game look like **bleep** and theres plenty of overpriced worthless minions because WHY NOT THEY LOOK LIKE SATAN!!!!

Not even going into the online portion. The Netcode and vita magic speak for themselves, you cannot even invite recently met people or invite at all unless your host. This game had an inexperience but passionate team behind it, but unfortunately them seemed to have no idea what they wanted to create. The huge rush in development of this game is clear and its a shame, but at least it's funny how viewing credits crashes the PS3.

Message 66 of 87 (3,054 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Apr 30, 2015
That pretty much sums it up of why people don't like this game and include it's cult following yet we still come here for what reason again?
Message 67 of 87 (3,049 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Apr 30, 2015
Then again you might as well cut it some slack considering that this is the first game.
Message 68 of 87 (3,048 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2956 posts

Apr 30, 2015
lol my post was deleted :^)
secuekl
Message 69 of 87 (3,038 Views)
Wastelander
548 posts

Apr 30, 2015
^^LOL I saw it Smiley Wink
Message 70 of 87 (3,035 Views)