Sep 25 2012
By: HELLSAGENT_17 Fender Bender 2794 posts

Level 3 Super Cutscenes are.. horrible!

45 replies 989 views Edited Sep 25, 2012

Hey all. After testing the beta for sometime, I've fulfilled its purpose and came across a huge problem.

Level 3 Special cutscene attacks!

These are just plain horrible and I'd hate to say it, but useless in almost many cases.

I can understand that a cutscene special attack is unavoidable and 3 kills confirmed no matter what, but is it worth the build up and time?

I've been maining with PaRappa. I have only ever used his Lv 3 TWICE. Both times I never won. It was either Radec, Kratos or Sweet tooth that got the win with their Lv 3 specials being used... TWICE. And please don't tell me that it involves skill to get kills with them. It takes almost no skill at all really, even if another skilled player could dodge these attacks, it's not likely all will be able to and can easily still pull off 4+ kills without trying to hard.

Heck, I've found PaRappa's Lv 2 WAY more useful than his LV 3, I've managed to get 4 kills with it twice if you time it properly and where.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea behind Lv 3 cutscene attacks but it's just not... Useful..

My solution?

If a Lv 3 Special Cutscene attack is used, You're AP bar does not fall down all the way back to 0, Maybe make it fall back to 1. Or increase the AP gain for 30 seconds or something.

It's currently just not worth it.

BUT, that doesn't mean I don't like the game. It's very fun and I'm happy that I got to test it. Kudos, SuperBot! I can't wait for Thanksgiving, it will be an event of the year! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 46 (989 Views)
Wastelander
809 posts

Re: Level 3 Super Cutscenes are.. horrible!

Sep 25, 2012
I get like eight kills or more per cut scene, you must suck or something.
Message 2 of 46 (980 Views)
Fender Bender
3500 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Well i had an idea to solve this. By putting a button como you have to press. I dont want to go into detail but i have made a better idea than what i first did.

IT'S MY WAY OR . . . HELL IT'S MY WAY
Message 3 of 46 (971 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Sep 25, 2012

Once people learns to dodge and roll, yes. Today I meet some kick **bleep** Radec that rolled around my Parappa's lvl 2 three times in a row. Against awful players it's obviously not useful, but let the game evolve.

Message 4 of 46 (961 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4813 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Increased ap gain for maybe 15 seconds after is not a bad idea.

Message 5 of 46 (941 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Remember that Cutscene lvl3s are usually implemented because of a "HOLY JESUS THIS MOVE IS **bleep** AWESOME" lvl1 and/or 2. PaRappa's lvl1 is good, and his lvl2 is great (and pretty easy to build up). Heihachi has arguably the best lvl2 in the game. I forget Toro's moveset entirely at the moment, to be honest, so I can't comment on his moveset.

Remember that nobody has a fully amazing set of Supers all-around. They're all good in some way.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 6 of 46 (935 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
551 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I think the cut scene lvl 3s are there for characters who need to be balanced compared to there lvl 1 and 2...I'm just stabbing inn the dark here though
Message 7 of 46 (932 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Sep 25, 2012

You may think they're bad now when people can't dodge for crap, but when skilled players learn to react to Kratos' level 3, you might not get the 7 kills that you were used to getting in the beta...

The Party Panda.png

Message 8 of 46 (918 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
954 posts

Sep 25, 2012
Yea I agree and I hope we don't see anymore
we already have 4 -_- toro, parappa, heihachi,spike. I don't wanna see a 5th and yes they do need to be buffed.
Message 9 of 46 (897 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5383 posts

Sep 25, 2012
I dodged all of Kratos' lvl 3 on my second beta match...and many times after that, same with Sweet Tooth's
My Scaler (Obscure/Unique) Moveset!: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Scaler-Obscure-Unique-Moveset-Give-Feedback/m-p/41328063 Gimme Feedback on it?
Message 10 of 46 (895 Views)
0 Likes