Fender Bender
2794 posts

Re: Level 3 Super Cutscenes are.. horrible!

Sep 28, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Well my point is that if I can get it in a day, even the suckiest of players will get used to it. Once player experience levels out more, it'll be nowhere near as guaranteed 4+ as it is now.

If people were really excited about the beta they'd know how to do that by now, it's been at least 1-6 weeks.

In your case, that's you your talking about, of course you'll get it down ASAP, you're dedicated to this game and plan on playing it for a really long time like me, but what about those casual gamers or short thrill seekers?

You over estimate these "suckish" players. Lol, no offense to anyone else. The full game will just release even more "suckish" players.

That's a pretty ballsy prediction, my friend.

Message 41 of 46 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 28, 2012

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Well my point is that if I can get it in a day, even the suckiest of players will get used to it. Once player experience levels out more, it'll be nowhere near as guaranteed 4+ as it is now.

If people were really excited about the beta they'd know how to do that by now, it's been at least 1-6 weeks.

In your case, that's you your talking about, of course you'll get it down ASAP, you're dedicated to this game and plan on playing it for a really long time like me, but what about those casual gamers or short thrill seekers?

You over estimate these "suckish" players. Lol, no offense to anyone else. The full game will just release even more "suckish" players.

Yes, but either these suckish players won't usually touch online after the first month.  My point was supposed to be that it'll quickly cut down to just the good players on the multiplayer, which leads to a bunch of people that know how to dodge Kratos's lvl3 at least to a basic level.  That's what I was getting at.  I probably should've explained what I meant in more detail, though.

Dodging a Kratos is more based on luck than any particular skill, though.  However, I can see a point where it only nets at max four kills unless you get really lucky.  In that case it's not much more than what a Cinematic would render.  Especially since one lvl3 can be split into two lvl2s (if you deploy one lvl2 before you hit the lvl3, obviously), which can lead to six in itself with PaRappa and Heihachi.

My point's been that it does balance out well.  I didn't word that point too well, I'll admit, but I think that my point's hard to deny.

ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 42 of 46 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 28, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

HELLSAGENT_17 wrote:

DivinePaladin27 wrote:

Yes, but either these suckish players won't usually touch online after the first month.  My point was supposed to be that it'll quickly cut down to just the good players on the multiplayer, which leads to a bunch of people that know how to dodge Kratos's lvl3 at least to a basic level.  That's what I was getting at.  I probably should've explained what I meant in more detail, though.

Dodging a Kratos is more based on luck than any particular skill, though.  However, I can see a point where it only nets at max four kills unless you get really lucky.  In that case it's not much more than what a Cinematic would render.  Especially since one lvl3 can be split into two lvl2s (if you deploy one lvl2 before you hit the lvl3, obviously), which can lead to six in itself with PaRappa and Heihachi.

My point's been that it does balance out well.  I didn't word that point too well, I'll admit, but I think that my point's hard to deny.

Don't forget, this is one of those family games like brawl, in SSBB, there were and still are horribly lousy players online. I don't think that will change in this game. So it's hard to say if only the 'pros' will stay here after.

I can see the point you're getting at, but it's still unfair with all that we've gathered here

1 - PaRappa's AP gain is rather slow

2 - His Lv 3 isn't too useful

3 - His Lv 2 is likely your only chance of winning and at most it nets 3 kills, some are learning to dodge and nets 1-2 sometimes!

If you try to compare PaRappa and Radec, Radec will still win, he can build up his lv 3 and score 6+ kills easily

You'd have to build PaRappa's AP to 3 TWICE to score that many and if you want to do it with his lv 2; you'd have to get 4 AP bars which is still really bad. (Don't forget, it might not even be 6 kills with his skateboard if the some opponents are skilled)

I admit, though, it's really fun to win with a character like PaRrapa, a real underdog!

Message 43 of 46 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 28, 2012
Actually, I use his lvl1 frequently, and I like it personally. It's not the best, but it works. However, you're right, he does need a tad bit of tweaking somewhere, preferably not the Boombox.
ecdf9e46
Message 44 of 46 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2794 posts

Sep 28, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Actually, I use his lvl1 frequently, and I like it personally. It's not the best, but it works. However, you're right, he does need a tad bit of tweaking somewhere, preferably not the Boombox.

Do you mind adding me? I'd like to see how you use PaRappa in battle as well as others. If you have the friend space, of course!

I'll send you a friend request, I'm "Siege237"

I'll probably make a sig with that user saying it's me because I've run into a couple of forumers and I'm seeing threads about "Who have you played with?" or  "You can't beat me hurdur@#!!!"

I actually ran into you once and you were playing as PaRappa. We both lost that one or got disconnected or something, I think.

Message 45 of 46 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 28, 2012
I'd be glad to accept (once I next get on PSN, of course). I'm not all that great as PaRappa (he's probably my second best behind Kratos, but I haven't really worked on a definitive strategy I like using with him), but we could definitely play a few matches of 2v2 if the servers are still up in the coming days (pending any workload on my part due to school, of course, however I should be fine based on my work so far this week).
ecdf9e46
Message 46 of 46 (62 Views)
0 Likes