Wastelander
742 posts

Re: Level 3 Super Cutscenes are.. horrible!

Sep 26, 2012
From what I has seen, I had assumed that the supers were divided power-wise (generally) like this:
Level 1: Meant for 1 kill.
Level 2: Meant for up to 3 kills.
Level 3: Meant for 5-6 kills.

Of course, with Raiden that all pretty much went down the drain. Any character that can get more than 4 kills with their Level 2 is pretty powerful in my opinion, since it's better to have a good Level 1 and 2 than a 3.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 46 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 26, 2012

Lol that post went up to 6 kudos.

People need to learn to read. Shame.

Someone said something about using a grapple hook then follow with the lv 1. I'll try that out. But I usually save for his lv 2.

Also @ Peartboyz, I'm not asking SuperBot to completely remove cutscene specials, but to give perks when they're used after it's finished. Like faster AP gain or not to be completely reset. Or even AP drain/steal from your oppoents or something.

I like watching PaRappa's Rap, it's hilarious :smileyvery-happy:

EDIT: I meant Astroking

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 46 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Sep 26, 2012

DivinePaladin27 wrote:
Also, PaRappa can build up AP really quickly (even without Boombox spam), so it's not like the lack of a multi-kill lvl1 really affects him too much.

This reminds me of another issue. Honestly, I think everyone in the beta has faster AP gain than PaRappa, Radec can simply spam his way up, Shotgun Sweet Tooths ( I was once in a match where everyone was Sweet Tooth and they only used his shotgun), Kratos.. Well just being Kratos and fudgeing Fat P! Of all characters, her soup ladel spam attack builds up too fast, I actually think she's overpowered. Her lv 1 is killer, her lv 2 is way better and longer than PaRappa's and her lv 3... Well it's not a cutscene attack.

The reaon no one else thinks much about it is because most people refuse to play her because she's fat, ugly or annoying. No one seems to have noticed this.

Also, I have never seen anyone boombox spam...  Whenever I do use it, which is very rarely, I get jumped by everyone... Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 46 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 26, 2012
There aren't that many boombox spammers, but those that are tend to be pretty bad. I feel like PaRappa does have slightly lower AP gain, but that's justified by the presence of the boombox. I personally feel like he's meant to be a support character, like Sackboy (but to a lesser extent). That'd also explain his low AP gain.

However, when used right, PaRappa can gain AP just like anybody else.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 46 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Sep 26, 2012
It is worth coming to the bar to listen lvl 3 only to look singing Parappa, do not you think? xD

But seriously, your idea to improve these supers is very good, I like that you do not spend the entire AP
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 46 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Zyvick wrote:
It is worth coming to the bar to listen lvl 3 only to look singing Parappa, do not you think? xD

But seriously, your idea to improve these supers is very good, I like that you do not spend the entire AP

Yeh, I said that earlier, I like seeing PaRappa sing. It's catchy!

Thank you, that's what I'm trying to say, but everyone just seems to be title skimming and taking it the completely wrong way... Proof? Read post 2.

@ DivinePaladin, if what you say is true about the boom box being slightly too good, when I have used it and gotten some AP, I didn't really notice a big difference in the gain, it's almost not worth using unless you're separated from the pack by a long distance and can't be bothered.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 46 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Sep 26, 2012
i think parappa's level 2 is something that people will spam once the public beta/full game is released.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 46 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 27, 2012
I believe the AP gain was nerfed from the first beta, but I'm not sure as I never played that one. I'd assume that this is the reason PaRappa's AP gain is slower than the other four characters (because they never fully balanced his hits in the beta build after lowering the Boombox)
ecdf9e46
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 46 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2792 posts

Sep 27, 2012

thebustag2b wrote:
i think parappa's level 2 is something that people will spam once the public beta/full game is released.

To be honest... I don't think people will even touch PaRappa once the full game is released.

I will though, to me, he'll be know as the first character I ever played in PSASBR!

@ DivinePaladin, that makes sense now, didn't think about a nerf. I always thought that PaRappa could actually use a buff. I've asked friends before if they thought he could use a buff... I don't think they knew what I meant... How about you?

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 46 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Sep 27, 2012
I'd be alright with an AP increase for some of his moves, so long as the Boombox continues to be limited as it is now, if not more so.
ecdf9e46
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 46 (83 Views)
0 Likes