Highlighted
Nov 23 2012
By: iDrummer123 Splicer 52 posts

Lets try to be honest here. (Seriously, not suggesting anything, just be purely honest).

5 replies 171 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

So I want an honest answer from you guys. Im not trying to get you to lean towards an answer, just be honest. Do you think that the amount of attacks are too overwhelming to be able to do any serious combos in a full free for al match? Or do you think it just requires a very steep learning curve? I can sometimes manage to pull a few combos in 1v1, but in a full match? I feel like my brain can barely think in the heat of the battle. Another thing, most of the combos in the tutorial are TOO hard to pull off and that is with a cpu standing STILL. Realistically, do you think those combos can be done in the heat of the moment against other people?

I am aware that this game is already done and there might not be anything superbot can do to help this matter. Now, I love that there is so many attacks for each character in this game, and although it can overwhelm, I think that the pro to this is that it makes playing this game not feel as repetative because you will always be doing somthing different. However, do you think that in the sequal to this game it would be better to maybe reduce the number of attacks? Or atleast organize them better? Maybe make all the mele attacks in one button, then all the stronger melee attacks in another and finally everything projectile like in circle? That way, the brain will understand that the first two buttons will be some type of close range attack. I feel like som characters have a projectile in each of the buttons, and it just makes everything very confusing. 

Anyways, Il stop talking now. Im not even sure if anything I said made any sesne. 

LAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWRRAAAAAANCCEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 6 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4668 posts

Re: Lets try to be honest here. (Seriously, not suggesting anything, just be purely honest).

Nov 23, 2012
I feel like it's part of the learning curve. You'll see a lot of players already doing some fantastic combos, so I'd say that learning some longer/better combos just takes more time and practice if you've yet to get it already.
ecdf9e46
Visit PAStadium's YouTube Channel for all of your Project Axis needs!
Message 2 of 6 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
338 posts

Re: Lets try to be honest here. (Seriously, not suggesting anything, just be purely honest).

Nov 24, 2012
It just requires a steep learning curve. Remember that even though there are many attacks, there are likely several you will not use much. I main Jak and there are a couple of his attacks I hardly use, and I still do well, if you reduce the # of attacks, you're potentially lowering the number of useful ones.

Did that make sense? I suck at explaining things.
Message 3 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
562 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I agree with both of you.

My main is Drake - and square is his hand to hand melee button.

Wait - no. Up and Square also throws a grenade... weird.

On the other hand, you can pull off some fantastic combos. Drop a barrel, stun 3 enemies, quickly drop a ledge on them. Punch your enemy up in the air, jump + rope swing into them, then punch. It's all about experimenting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RFFN Website
Message 4 of 6 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Nov 24, 2012
It's easier for some characters to pull off combos than others.
kratos can get combos off pretty easily though.
It's difficult getting combos off with sackboy though. He's meant to be a "keep away" character but all his combos require that you're within 2 meters of the enemy.
Message 5 of 6 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Nov 24, 2012

I agree that some of the combos in tutorial are unrealstic to use in an actualy match, even a simple two button combo was nearly impposible for me to land becauuse the CPU kept air recovering before I could land the next hit.

Message 6 of 6 (77 Views)
0 Likes