Dec 30 2013
By: Niinami89 First Son 3 posts

Lets get real, it's fun but there's no balance between the characters at all.

29 replies 450 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

Alright so most of you probably played Super Smash Brothers on Nintendo and I did too. I was so excited when I heard Sony was doing a similar game with their characters.

But lets get real here, there's zero balance between the characters. In Super Smash you can play different characters with different play styles, slow attacks, fast attacks, different spells but in the end, they were pretty balanced and you could win with any of them. In Battle Royal there are characters that are so obviously better than others, there's no way people can play this competetive without playing the same characters. Maybe there's like 2-3 characters that are good but different, for me it's Kratos, Heiachi and Jack&Daxter. 

There's also too few characters, I mean where's Spyro? Lara Croft? Croc? Instead they put in 2 Infamous guys with 99% similar spells but instead of red lightning it's blue... Seriously, Lara Croft would fit in perfectly in this game.

In the end it's an OK game to play once in a while but it's not Super Smash which I played hundreds of hours. In my opinion they screwed this up and it's too bad.

Message 1 of 30 (450 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Re: Lets get real, it's fun but there's no balance between the characters at all.

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Um, what smash are you talking about? Because last I checked brawl definitely did not give you a chance to win with anyone and melee may have been better off but in the end that game comes down to the same five characters as well. 64 had a lot of character "balance" if you consider that most of the cast could one-touch you to death, which I'm fairly sure you're not saying is balance.

Alos, how can you complain about good and evil cole when by melee we had five clones (Falco, Pichu, Young Link, Ganondorf, And Roy)? Then we got lucas. Do they function differently than their counterpart? Sure, but you're way off here.

Message 2 of 30 (439 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

Re: Lets get real, it's fun but there's no balance between the characters at all.

Dec 30, 2012

Brawl without Meta Knight and tripping is a great experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 3 of 30 (426 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Until you get someone who complains about diddy, or ice climbers, or snake, or wario, or olimar. People can find characters to whine about until the day ends.

Message 4 of 30 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1807 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Niinami89 wrote:

Alright so most of you probably played Super Smash Brothers on Nintendo and I did too. I was so excited when I heard Sony was doing a similar game with their characters.

But lets get real here, there's zero balance between the characters. In Super Smash you can play different characters with different play styles, slow attacks, fast attacks, different spells but in the end, they were pretty balanced and you could win with any of them. In Battle Royal there are characters that are so obviously better than others, there's no way people can play this competetive without playing the same characters. Maybe there's like 2-3 characters that are good but different, for me it's Kratos, Heiachi and Jack&Daxter. 

There's also too few characters, I mean where's Spyro? Lara Croft? Croc? Instead they put in 2 Infamous guys with 99% similar spells but instead of red lightning it's blue... Seriously, Lara Croft would fit in perfectly in this game.

In the end it's an OK game to play once in a while but it's not Super Smash which I played hundreds of hours. In my opinion they screwed this up and it's too bad.

Those are all third-party characters from companies that are sticklers about their money and franchises.  In other words, they were near impossible to get

Message 5 of 30 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1819 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Red_Ring_Ryko wrote:

Until you get someone who complains about diddy, or ice climbers, or snake, or wario, or olimar. People can find characters to whine about until the day ends.

Did you fill out the "New friend request" form?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT IS THIS!?
Message 6 of 30 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 30, 2012

How can you say Brawl wasn't balanced? It's the most balanced game in the genre... I never said Brawl didn't have clones but at least Brawl had a lot of viable characters, in Battle Royale it's almost instant win if you play either of the three I mentioned.

Good luck winning with Sackboy versus Kratos.

Message 7 of 30 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

Exactly what do you consider viable? Because of the thirty five characters, maybe a fifth are "viable" in brawl. There are single players who are spectacular with otherwise unviable characters, but they almost always switch to someone much better once they see the level of players htey have to deal with consistenty (or quit, that works too).

If you're consistently losing to Jak of all people (and you're not facing RenegadeJak or Tsukyome), then you're losing to one of the weakest characters in the game. Don't come up in here screaming imbalance because you're bad at this game, that's a **bleep** joke.

Message 8 of 30 (369 Views)
Gaming Beast
2105 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I'm pretty sure you're new to the forums and the game. First off, please be aware that SuperBot collects a lot of telemetry data on the game and has already nerved one character. Sackboy. Secondly, if you had a bit of humility you would at least try to give what more experienced people on this forum have to say about character balance. Currently the character you mentioned (kratos) is annoying to deal with online but there are many ways to deal with him effectively notwithstanding lag.
------
Playstation God of War Stars Battle Bore y'all !!!
Message 9 of 30 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9892 posts

Dec 30, 2012
This game is much more balanced than Brawl. This game can be patched (and it will). Can't say the same for Brawl.

If you are seriously considering Brawl is more balanced than PASBR, god help you.
 photo Hammer Girl_zpsnrg29qur.jpg
Message 10 of 30 (360 Views)
0 Likes