Dec 03 2012
By: krusher10 Uncharted Territory 1609 posts

Lets discuss sly's level 1

30 replies 434 views Edited Dec 3, 2012

This is the first time i actually would call a super "op" because this super has a big hitbox and it is the only level 1 super that cant be stopped in this game. 

Message 1 of 31 (434 Views)
First Son
22 posts

Re: Lets discuss sly's level 1

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

I've had it cancled before, its just that it had to be really fast... like all of them are really, some are just faster than others. Likewise, I'm not sure what you're saying about the hitbox as it feels a bit random like many others (I hate those moments when R&Cs RYNO bullets are hitting but doing nothing... likewise I've had that happen twice with sly's 1 attack), not to mention toro throws out his 1 special a lot further.

edit: I'm not purely on the defense of sly's 1 either though. If you nerf it a little, I wont cry. I just think these complaints in particular aren't making sense to me... or need to be explained a little further.

Message 2 of 31 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Dec 3, 2012

Considering Kratos, Sweet Tooth, Sir Dan, Heiachi, Sackboy, and Raiden can all combo into their supers with ease, I'd say Sly's super is not OP. I would rather have a guarenteed hit than a good chance at one.

Message 3 of 31 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2925 posts

Dec 3, 2012
The hit box has to be big because that hippo is a fata$$. Hippos will run you over, it's scary, his level 1 super is very accurate to a rela life situation with a hippo.
Message 4 of 31 (398 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1660 posts

Dec 3, 2012
Except Sly's level 1 can be combo'd into. I don't have the specifics at the moment, but it can be done.
------------------------------------------------
Fresh to death
Message 5 of 31 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

Dude5059 wrote:
Except Sly's level 1 can be combo'd into. I don't have the specifics at the moment, but it can be done.

Hardly. There are one or two ways, but it's tremendously situational. It's not like he dashes through you and gets to gag you like Evil Cole can. He can't do that long range attack that puts you on your knees like kratos can.

I honestly believe the easy level 1 setups were unintentional on Superbot's part. Either that or they intentionally made this game incredibly unbalanced, because the majority of the roster has bad level 1's and no way to set up into them.

Message 6 of 31 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 3, 2012

There's only one combo that will 100% hit all the time. Just use the decoy move and when they hit you and you stun them, you can bring out Murray and get the kill.

Message 7 of 31 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
361 posts

Dec 3, 2012

The only real "issue" (if you can call it that) is that it is probably the fastest level one super.

Oh and why do people keep thinking that you can't cancel it?

You can, END OF STORY.

Message 8 of 31 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5278 posts

Dec 4, 2012

MercenaryDemon wrote:

The only real "issue" (if you can call it that) is that it is probably the fastest level one super.

You can, END OF STORY.

perhaps show us a video of this occurence, i have never seen it and i played this since the beta 

#ProtectorProgramme
Message 9 of 31 (322 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1001 posts

Dec 4, 2012

ATOMB0Y_ wrote:

MercenaryDemon wrote:

You can, END OF STORY.

perhaps show us a video of this occurence, i have never seen it and i played this since the beta 

I've played as Sly since beta and I've seen it happen about 10 times. Its not common. It'd actually be a lot easier to simply dodge Murray (not all that difficult), but its possible. With that in mind, the only reasonable nerf you can make for Sly's level 1 is to extend the startup time/time in which you can cancel it just a little itty but.

Message 10 of 31 (316 Views)
0 Likes