Reply
Nov 13 2012
By: kenan456 I Only Post Everything 1035 posts
Offline

Lets be honest

24 replies 266 views Edited Nov 13, 2012

for the people who think 20 is not enough and they want more ask your self this in other fighting games do you realy use all the characters, for most people i see and know they only end up using 3-5 characters that they like and never use the rest. i sometimes do this too, in this game i will play as all but eventully end up mastering my favorite characters.

Message 1 of 25 (266 Views)
Sackboy
Registered: 01/23/2012
Offline
413 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

Haha that's so true in most fighting games I tend to master at most 2-3 characeters. In other fighting games the characters basically follow the same basic play style or template, if you will, so it's not much to transition to a different character. In All-stars every character plays radically different for the most part. 

 

But some people miss some of their most nostalgiac characters and it's not really about fighting or play style for them, and I can understand their side too when they ask for so and so character.

____________________
Studies show it is humanly impossible to play through all online content in LittleBigPlanet in a single lifetime on Earth.

Don't Forget to Play [Persona 4 Golden] Every Night Before Bed.
Message 2 of 25 (253 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/07/2012
Offline
3716 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

i understand that some, probably a lot of people, are pretty dissapointed in the roster (that's putting it lightly)

i'm not, but there are people who are,

but people who think 20 is not enough, geeze, how much do you want?

Play For Fun!
Message 3 of 25 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

I think the roster is pretty solid, but your argument is somewhat flawed. People may use only 3-5 characters, but they play against 20. It would suck to play against the same 10 characters all the time. Also, it is better to pick 3-5 characters out of 20 than 3-5 characters out of 10. 


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 4 of 25 (247 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
1035 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012
i know people still want crash and so on but im talking about people who are just not satisfied by the fact there are only 20 characters and are comparing it to other fighting games
Message 5 of 25 (241 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 10/24/2012
Offline
1147 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

I don't get what the big deal is about the roster. Maybe I'm just showing my age here, but I remember pretty much all first releases of fighting game franchises having far less characters to choose.

Message 6 of 25 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

kenan456 wrote:
i know people still want crash and so on but im talking about people who are just not satisfied by the fact there are only 20 characters and are comparing it to other fighting games

I know. But it still is better to pick you 3 favorites out of 30 characters than out of 20. That is their worry.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 7 of 25 (231 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
1035 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

bob-maul wrote:

I think the roster is pretty solid, but your argument is somewhat flawed. People may use only 3-5 characters, but they play against 20. It would suck to play against the same 10 characters all the time. Also, it is better to pick 3-5 characters out of 20 than 3-5 characters out of 10. 


wait where did you get 10 from i'm just saying to the people who compare this to other fighting games

 

Message 8 of 25 (230 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

Levi_Skardsen wrote:

I don't get what the big deal is about the roster. Maybe I'm just showing my age here, but I remember pretty much all first releases of fighting game franchises having far less characters to choose.


Save MvC2. And the expansive roster there HURT the game


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 9 of 25 (229 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 10/02/2008
Offline
14608 posts
 

Re: Lets be honest

Nov 13, 2012

kenan456 wrote:

bob-maul wrote:

I think the roster is pretty solid, but your argument is somewhat flawed. People may use only 3-5 characters, but they play against 20. It would suck to play against the same 10 characters all the time. Also, it is better to pick 3-5 characters out of 20 than 3-5 characters out of 10. 


wait where did you get 10 from i'm just saying to the people who compare this to other fighting games

 


Just using 10 because it is a low number. It is easier to pick your favorites out of an expansive roster than a minimal one.


Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 10 of 25 (226 Views)
Reply
0 Likes